Ernesto Valverde

KingLeo10

How poetic if he gets dumped unceremoniously over a Supercopa after handling 2 successive nearly assured CL ties with arrogance, impunity, and incompetence.

Hope this is the end of his managerial 'career'.

Barcilliant

Imo this is another knee-jerk reaction from the board and a populist move... Nothing else. Nobody would be happier to see Shitverde gone but is Xavi really the right man at the right time.

I'd have preferred a big name coach with experience who knows how to come up with solutions. Right now it's mid season and the squad is a mess. When Pep cam he had a brand new canvas to paint on. Xavi will inherit a mess.

KingLeo10

Imo this is another knee-jerk reaction from the board and a populist move... Nothing else. Nobody would be happier to see Shitverde gone but is Xavi really the right man at the right time.

I'd have preferred a big name coach with experience who knows how to come up with solutions. Right now it's mid season and the squad is a mess. When Pep cam he had a brand new canvas to paint on. Xavi will inherit a mess.

Squad isn't a mess. It's EV's inability to coach or have any sort of tactics or pressing.

The only weak point in the squad once Arthur returns is the defense. Attack still has a world class Messi, workhorse Griezo, and Suarez (he's close to being finished but maybe Xavi can summon something out of him for 4 months).

I would put our squad as the 2nd best in the world after Pool's. Ahead of Bayern, RM, Juve for sure. Slightly ahead of QSG. On par with City's when they are fit.

xXKonan

This squad has holes in it still but Valverde has done a poor job at using the best of what we have.

You could tell which players you think would be so much better than what they have shown and it's down to just poor coaching overall.

KingLeo10

Squad has the best player in the world in attack. Griezo, Suarez, Dembele, Fati as complements.

FDJ, Arthur as midfield mainstays. They'd be coached by the CM god himself.

Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal decent rotational options for the 3rd spot.

Defense shaky because Umtiti is finished and Lenglet is soft. Pique can still be counted on in the big games. Alba and Firpo are good-decent LB options. Semedo-Bob decent RBs (there's a weakness here too I'd agree).

MATS who is a top 3 GK in the world.

Riordon

Not sure if this is the right move. Atleast Valverde is gone and Xavi can develop De Jong and Arthur.

Long term I would say I prefer Ten haag but this is interesting I must admit.

Home of Barca Fans