Ernesto Valverde

serghei

The squad is an evolution of things. You get a top manager handling a good squad, and a crap manager handing a very good squad, and in 2 years the order will be reversed by one progressing and the other regressing.

jamrock

All tho the manager isnt perfect, our squad is still worse than at least Lfc and Man city, who are the only two teams producing better results the last years than us. Yes, Valverde isn't top notch manager material, the real problem is the sporting section who have been making bad transfer on bad transfer. It's really crazy how bad they have fucked up and the only club who has done worse is United. God, they have been so awful its Hard to put into words... Coutinho+demble+griezmann for 400m euros?? Thats arguably worse than united

Shut it, shut your mouth

Vilarrubi

When we are 1-0 up we are even more static with no urgency to score another goal. This is on Valverde, his cautious, “maintain the lead” style.. our best form of defence is attack with this squad but with a manager like Valverde this is impossible.

Sorin

Blaming the lack of quality players when you lose against Levante. :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

I'm sure that we should have bought the likes of Rochina, Campana and Morales instead of the scrubs we sent out there today. Would've won in landslide.

KingLeo10

Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

b0OrabB.jpg

Speechless.

Petition to add this EV special to your signature list. Or should we add the Cruyff blunder?

:crbust:

The Observer

The days of 90+ points league campaigns are over. Those were special days with Xaviesta, Alves, Neymar etc. Will probably walk the league despite dropping a lot of points away from home. Sevilla leading Atletico at HT as we speak.

fergus90

In addition to his lack of charisma and no apparent sign of possessing any bollocks whatsoever, it's the baffling logic he employs to manage the squad. Certain players will be used mercilessly over and over again, no matter how good or bad their performance is.
That in itself creates a huge problem, already there is no real threat to their position as they know they will always get 90 minutes or close to it.

Then you have the younger players or new signings, who all seem to have to fight with eachother for game time and can be frozen out for 3 months after 45 minutes of football. Despite it being their first 45 minutes in months, so already their is no rhythm or match practice.
We saw it with Alena this season, Malcom was grossly mistreated and really the bulk of his appearances were in desperate situations with injuries or scorelines. There is no continuity with Fati,Dembele,Perez, it's a russian roulette to who makes the match day squad. Again, perhaps a less than perfect appearance will see them discarded for months. So when called upon they are lacking match practice and rhythm.

Other genius moves, like leaving the second choice LB out the squad for a game only for their to be an injury to Alba, so now your first-choice right back goes to left back and the guy you said is now a midfielder and not a right back, has to play right back.

I feared at the start of the season that Valverde would swap the failed Coutinho-Suarez-Messi frontline with Griezmann in a like-for-like and so it proved, it was too much to ask that he'd might of had time to plan a different approach. There is signs of evolution, tactical awareness, in game management with this management at both board level and pitchside.

It's always a bit risky having a manager in charge of a squad, who was a much worse player then the players he has managed and has won minimal silverware also in comparison especially at your big clubs. The only way that ever works, is if he has a character that demands respect and has some vision of how they want to set their teams up, e.g Ferguson,Mourinho(in his prime), Klopp and with players who were successful like Guardiola & Conte.

Valverde possesses neither of those traits, he is the epitome of mediocre. No club who has any ambitions to be one of the best sides in Europe would even consider him if he became available.

Last edited:

bismp

Everything in the club right now(from the corrupt board to Valverde to the dressing room) is rotten.We won’t win the CL anytime soon,so let’s hope that we can make the most out of the situation(La Liga+CdR) and enjoy Messi’s last years.

The board didn’t sack Valverde after the Roma and Liverpool fiascos,so there is no way they are going to fire him midseason.It’s not like the players will ask for anything,they even backed up the man after Liverpool.

Even if he leaves at the end of the season,rest assured that the board will bring another “Yes” man.

The only hope for the club is a new board consisting of intelligent people,who can bring in another ambitious manager like Pep or Cruyff.By that time,most if not all the old guard will have retired,so it’ll be easier to build from scratch.

Until then,I’m content with a few more La Ligas,it’s definitely better than nothing(eg Man United,Milan,Inter etc)

Tackle

Revamped Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid were going to be forces in the league this season, or so I was told.

75 points will be enough to win La Liga.

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans