Erling Haaland

Messi983

Let's hope this will turn out like when Real stole Beckham from us and then we got Ronaldinho.

Laporta doesn't have Rosell to save his ass this time though so we'll see what he'll do.

Also, will be interesting how he and Mbappe will fit together with Vini and Benz next year. Especially with Ancelotti who doesn't want to rotate a lot. That's why I still have some doubts he'd actually choose to go to Madrid.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Politicians cycle.

Hint at big grand ideas to get folk onside.

Then say deal cant happen as need to keep finances in order and being prudent.

End up getting praised for not spending big on deal that was only a story due to them in first place and never reality.

Folk clap happy and move on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Politicians cycle.

Hint at big grand ideas to get folk onside.

Then say deal cant happen as need to keep finances in order and being prudent.

End up getting praised for not spending big on deal that was only a story due to them in first place and never reality.

Folk clap happy and move on.

So you are saying we didn't go for him at all, it was just a political act to gain some political capital for Laporta and the board?

I know you are heartbroken that he is not coming, but come on. He has probably chosen Madrid or City, that's it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We've made a concrete offer to him according to the press here in Norway(like City & RM) so doubt it was a political ploy.

It's just that City and Real Madrid can offer a better financial package than us and arguably a better project short-term too. He's desperate to win major titles and seem to have little patience which isn't surprising considering Dortmund only know how to throw away games when they have a chance.

We're more reliant on Raiola essentially pushing him to us, but while Haaland and his family will listen to his advice carefully they will decide his future independently of whatever Raiola wants.

Doubt Raiola would be mad if he goes elsewhere anyway. He might be indifferent too as he'll be well compensated regardless.

JamDav1982

Political ploy as knew he wanted to move elsewhere and didnt have money to compete anyway.

Will get clapped for being prudent now anyway.

Win win.

fergus90

I don't mind him going to Madrid, they are going to have a tough time keeping all of Benzema, Haaland, Mbappe, Vini satisfied with playtime and positioning for the next couple seasons.

Plus we aren't in the financial position to pin all our hopes on him either.

Devils

I still think he's going to end up at City.

We need to try to sign Salah. He's been hinting at playing a new club and it seems like his contract talks with Liverpool are at a standstill.

If we can get Salah + Raphina for around 100m we would be incredible on top of adding Kessie, Christensen and Mazraoui too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only "political ploy" part is Laporta saying we wouldn't jeopardize the club and the institution financially to sign him, as if we weren't ready to throw everything in to sign him. He only said that after Haaland likely rejected us so he did an about-face to make himself look good. That was truly disturbing.

Other than that, it is a just a normal case of failed pursuit.

I wish Haaland non-stop bad luck in Madrid.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't mind him going to Madrid, they are going to have a tough time keeping all of Benzema, Haaland, Mbappe, Vini satisfied with playtime and positioning for the next couple seasons.

Plus we aren't in the financial position to pin all our hopes on him either.

I am afraid that is just some wishful thinking on our part. Vinicius is the biggest concern, he will probably move to the right as a result and we will see how that will turn out. Benzema is 34, he will just have to accept the bench more often than not.

MHV on paper looks very scary, we will see how well it works out, or not.

fergus90

I am afraid that is just some wishful thinking on our part. Vinicius is the biggest concern, he will probably move to the right as a result and we will see how that will turn out. Benzema is 34, he will just have to accept the bench more often than not.

MHV on paper looks very scary, we will see how well it works out, or not.

Currently, Benzema is a better player than Erling Haaland, he and vini have 72 g+a between this season. Only in football manager does buying superstars gel from the get-go.

Both times Madrid went Galactico in transfer windows it didn't really work. Early 00's side were finishing 5th in la liga despite looking elite on paper, and Ronaldo/Kaka/Benz took about 5 years and the addition of sensible signings like Modric etc to really form a formidable team.

If Barca are sensible with their recruitment, they can build a strong side to compete with them by the time everyone is settled in that Madrid side.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No worries. Was kinda expected sadly. Guess we'll have to steal Vlahovic from Juventus in a couple of years. Hopefully by that point the team is built for success where it only need the final part being the striker.

Home of Barca Fans