David Silva

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
More Cesc than Arsenal. Arsenal would be quite happy to see us splash for Lil Dave. Cesc, not so much. This is to get Cesc pressuring Arsene to sell. cuz right now, having eight forwards (Bojan, Pedro, Jeffren, Kerrison, Leo, Ibrah, Villa, and Silva) on the books while only four midfielders (Xaviesta, Busquets, Keita) is not prudent for our club (or even five if Toure's agent would just crawl in to a pit and die).

I don't want him to leave Valencia, they have bought Soldado now and it would be a shame for them to lose probably the best player they have, what is the point of them being in the champions league next season if they cannot compete because of their best players have gone.

V

Valderrama

I don't want him to leave Valencia, they have bought Soldado now and it would be a shame for them to lose probably the best player they have, what is the point of them being in the champions league next season if they cannot compete because of their best players have gone.

They are nearly bankrupt so player sales are necessary.

We got Villa for a knockdown price (in relation to the market anyway) because they had to sell, they weren't in a position to haggle over price. they will struggle for 3rd again imo. Although there aren't many teams who are better than them imo.

B

beautifulgame

+1

I hope Valencia get a couple good players to fill some holes too.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
More Cesc than Arsenal. Arsenal would be quite happy to see us splash for Lil Dave. Cesc, not so much. This is to get Cesc pressuring Arsene to sell. cuz right now, having eight forwards (Bojan, Pedro, Jeffren, Kerrison, Leo, Ibrah, Villa, and Silva) on the books while only four midfielders (Xaviesta, Busquets, Keita) is not prudent for our club (or even five if Toure's agent would just crawl in to a pit and die).

Silva would play in midfield if signed

Seamus

According to Sport Silva's price tag is 35 million euros??? Why pay a good bit more for Fabregas when Silva is perfect???

ryuken

The way i see it, we will probably not sign cesc and i would be really happy with the david duo.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Silva keen on Chelsea switch
By Soccernet staff
June 20, 2010

Valencia winger David Silva has revealed he would relish a move to Chelsea and believes they rank alongside Barcelona as the best club in world football.

Silva, currently on World Cup duty with Spain, is expected to leave Valencia this summer and, as it appears there is little prospect of him joining Barca or Real Madrid, both Chelsea and Manchester City are viewed as possible destinations.

The 24-year-old, who was recently quoted as saying he would find it difficult to resist a move to Manchester United, has now reiterated his belief that the Premier League is the strongest in the world and feels Chelsea are its strongest team.

"Chelsea have established themselves as one of the best clubs in Europe over the last five years," he said in the Daily Star. "They might not have the history of Real Madrid or AC Milan but they are creating their own history now.

"There is no reason why in the future Chelsea can't be as decorated as Real Madrid. Chelsea probably have, along with Barcelona, the best squad in football and if any player joins Chelsea he knows he is going to win things.

"In players like John Terry, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they have players who would get into any team in the world and it would be a pleasure to play with them.

"There is no doubt in my mind that Chelsea would be a great club to play for - and a club where I could fulfil my ambition of league titles and the European Cup.

"The Premier League is still the place to be. No other league in the world has six or seven Champions League-quality teams."
Since it's from Soccernet there's a pretty good chance they are proper quotes. Don't see us splashing enough cash to get him though.

Home of Barca Fans