Côte d'Ivoire

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
African teams are uniquely exciting because they are open. I hope they get an easier draw this team because their only 2 good teams were drawn in the Groups of Death back in 2006. If that Senegal team in 2002 can make the quarters then surely one of this lot can as well.

Fatboy

Anyone remember the Ivory Coast's WC 2006 game against Serbia? Came to think of it after the Ronaldo-VS-Almeria-incident. Hugely entertaining game which had everything (unfortunally all but real importance) with Aruna Dindane playing the lead role. Serbia quickly went two up, but then Dindane gets to take a penalty (after a crazy Serbian handball). The over-meticulous referee spends two minutes making sure every player is outside the area, then Dindane puts it in the net, ice cold. However the referee disallows the goal because one of the other players jumped the gun. Same procedure again with the idot referee, and Dindane again puts it in, same corner, ice cold again.

A while later he storms towards a ball in the area, gets there before the keeper which tackles him and he goes down, but only to be booked for taking a dive. He gets justice in the second half when he adds another goal, and finally the Ivory Coast gets the winner from another penalty (another handball, same guy). A crazy game by a crazy team who's been one of my favourite since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZTJRvHQgo

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
They really are unlucky. They played very well in all 3 of their games last time out and they didn't get any reward for it, then this time they are once again drawn in the group of death. I really hope they can make it out of the group at the expense of Portugal or Brazil, they are probably the best African nation there and it would be awesome to see them make it to the qtr finals or thereabouts.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Yup, i like them a lot, they won my sympathy on last mundial when they played good but got robbed having no luck, so they will defenately be one of few i will support now when my squad is out of the pic.

B

blueduck

Just got beaten 2-0 by South Korea.

I know it's a friendly but still, how bad must their manager be?

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
reports are coming out that they got guss hiddink?? if that is true and he can work his magic i think they got a chance.

V

Valon

Yes only for the WC... after that Guus is going to manage Turkey.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Today, Hiddink said he'll not coach Ivory Coast on the WC, because Turkey will play a match in May, at the same time as Ivory Coast. If he wanted to sign with IC too, his contract would run from May to July or so. Therefore, he had to reject IC.

Fatboy

Sven-Göran Eriksson appointed coach for Côte d'Ivoire. Nice, the World Cup is starting to get interesting also from a Swedish point of view (remember Lagerbäck is coaching Nigeria). And the winner is normally from the continent where the WC is held... ;)

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
hmmm.
In Cote d'Ivoire have a nice players..Like Drogba that plays for Chelsea,also Kalou..Eboue in Arsenal, YAYA TOURE in Barcelona<3 etj.
But chances are minimum for that international.

Home of Barca Fans