CL Round of 16: Napoli - Barca 1-1

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Porque

Cubarsi can/will be excellent once or whenever we have a fast paced attack to counter with. Imagine his line breaking passes out the back with the front three Lucho had.

The closest we have to that is left to right Ferran, Roque, Lamine but we are a long way from seeing that for various reasons.

For today, personally I would have Araujo-Cubarsi/Inigo with Kounde on the right. Kvara is a strong dribbler but doesn't beat you for pace. So no reason to sacrifice Araujo there and lose our central pace. When Kounde is beaten it is because of pace and not one on one defence.

But if Kounde is having a bad time, THEN we can try Araujo there.

BTW

Did anyone check out Napoli's game against Genoa at the weekend? It was 0-0 but they had 75% possession, 600+ passes and 25 shots. Complete domination. Add to that the new manager bump and we may very well get beaten up later.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Ngl, not at all excited - anxiety at 110%...
As long as we don't implode in defense, we don't play that idiot Raphinha and Lewa wakes the fuck up and doesn't get pushed around - I hope we can make it over 2 games.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Forget about getting thrashed, it's incredibly important to win as many games as possible this CL run.
There are far too many people here masquerading as Barca fans hoping the team gets humiliated or making out the team is robbing opponents , ( even though the penalty and retake at the weekend was clear as day. ), or just flat out venting their anger and frustrations when Barca win.

Xavi is going at the end of the season anyway so what's the point of hoping for a humiliation? As you rightly say the money which contributes to every win is vital for next season.

Moderation needs to keep a closer eye on these 'fans'.

wisconsincule

We are in such a sad state when there is little hype about a CL match.

No idea how this goes. Probably a bad loss. Hope Im wrong

Horatio

You're welcome
We are in such a sad state when there is little hype about a CL match.

No idea how this goes. Probably a bad loss. Hope Im wrong
I think we’ll do the great in mf and attack with the spaces we’ll get. Mostly going to hinge on our defense.

jamrock

Bit too much trust in the kid to be playing him against a top 5-7 striker in the game right now.

Hopefully he proves me wrong

Porque

17085012520392.jpg

According to Marca.

Imagine if another manager opted to play 5 defenders, 3 mids and 2 forwards away against a midtable Italian team in Europe.

Not saying it's the wrong (or right) decision. But Xavi weaseling of the press perception is distopian.

TheStig

I don't get it. I thought Kvaradona plays LW and Osimhen CF? I watched Napoli a week ago and Kvaradona was on the right, why?

gregorrin10

Cubarsi didn't look good against Granada. I prefer a bad form but experienced Kounde anytime to an unexperienced youngster, with whom you risk dumb mistakes/red card/penalty which could decide a knock-out game.
That's ironic, considering Kounde is literally the definition of losing focus and dumb mistakes/red card/penalty waiting to happen.

Loki

That's ironic, considering Kounde is literally the definition of losing focus and dumb mistakes/red card/penalty waiting to happen.
I know, but I still have more trust in him than in an unexperienced talent for a CL knock-out match. Such games can motivate and even start a turn around for bad form players. While talents can be overwhelmed and over motivated which can result in game losing mistakes.
But of course u never know before, maybe Cubarsi plays superb and we have a new raw diamond in our ranks. As always we'll judge after the game about what was the right or wrong decision.

Home of Barca Fans