CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

fergus90

Now if the Pique injury rumours are true, this is the first chance for Koeman to show that he’s learnt a lesson from last season and show leadership where it counts.

However like Givenchy said, it’s all so predictable.

Daisymorr

Its early in the season but this will give us a fair assessment of how far we are behind the big teams in Europe. I think the performance is the main thing to look at gauging where we are.

For example if we win 1-0 but have 3 shots to to Munich 20 then its very worrying. If we lose 0-2 but compete really close on stats and general play then that is almost more encouraging going forward for the season.
The bad thing is we could lose 0-3 and be totally outplayed in every department. I just hope the game isn't a mismatch like it was in the 8-2 defeat.

Here's to hoping for a good performance and shock result.

jairzinho

Think there's a good chance we'll see a 3-5-2 especially with Greizmann gone and Braithwaite injured. Makes sense tbh.

Barcilliant

Why defend Araujo?

The guy is good example what is wrong with Barca. He cares more about lifting weights and playing simcity than being footballer.

In case you forgot Puyol was a beast and loved the weight room. It's too bad our seniors are so soft. Look at other aging players who stay in shape. They are actually able to keep a high level. Eg Lewandowski, Ibra, Muller

fergus90

That's good news. Bavarians will have a nice time.

God Help us

I expect there will be lots of Bavarians there. I went to the Barca vs Monchengladbach game in 2016 when Arda scored a hat trick and there were thousands of Borussia fans in the Barca section as well as the allocated away area.

Messi983

I expect there will be lots of Bavarians there. I went to the Barca vs Monchengladbach game in 2016 when Arda scored a hat trick and there were thousands of Borussia fans in the Barca section as well as the allocated away area.

Good old times. :arda:

Mateka

The litmus test. Where are Barca today compared to 8-2? Two draws would be an achievement. Even two narrow losses to Bayern as long as the team excel in the other games must surely be acceptable.

Catta

I just can't be optimistic about this game, when I know that Busi and Pique will be starting. A humiliation is guaranteed whenever Busi plays against a stronger team.

Mateka

The team that night and ratings SKY.

Barcelona: Ter Stegen (5), Semedo (4), Pique (4), Lenglet (4), Alba (5), Roberto (4), Busquets (4), De Jong (4), Vidal (4), Messi (6), Suarez (5).

The average age of starting XI was 29 years and 329 days, the oldest Barcelona team ever named in the Champions League.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans