CL quarters: Atletico - Barca (3-2 agg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

The best news for Barca so far is the absence of Torres.

I don't see this dead tired Messi tracking back too much but I'm sure Suarez and Neymar could and must defend well.

Imo this game could be a season decider one, definitely match of the season so far !

FC B

Should Barca score two it is game over for Atletico but first they must score the opener or at least equalise to 1-1.

Before el clasico pretty much everybody was ecstatic and overconfident Barca would tear down rm and beat Atletico pretty good in the first match of the tie.
It didn't happend like that and now most people are too pessimistic about Barca's chances in the Liga and CL. Neither approach is right. Barca players I'm sure they all are mentaining their fighting spirit, their confidence and their will to accomplish what no team has ever yet achieved, back to back treble.

So Lucho said it well, let them show they are the best team in the world and it couldn't be a better moment to prove that so far this season.

Last edited:

PrRan

atleti have to score to go through, so i would say let them have the ball for a change. we dont need 65% of the ball. Messi wont track back a lot so put him in the center and play suarez on the right if we have to defend and if we win the ball back we should play fast and direct to messi, with ney and suarez bomming the flanks to finish the counter. If atleti is in there defensive formation then messi and Suarez should change position and messi MUST get in the box while iniesta pulls the strings.

Personaly i think that we wil win this game easier then most people think and then after we defeat Valencia on saturday, barca is passed this blip.

kollegah

that feeling when your team has the 3 best attackers in the world, but you still cant be sure theyll score a single goal in a game - - barca things

Sasuke85

At Calderon, ATM is supposed to play more offensively. They need to score, and we don't. ATM is not good in attack, they are only good in defense. This might be the ultimate advantage for us.

The key difference between Lucho's team and Pep's team is the counter-attack ability, and regarding this, Lucho's team is clearly better.

With MSN, we are extremely dangerous when we counter attack.

If ATM focuses too much on attack, we will have more chances to score from counter-attacks. If we score 1 goal, ATM will feel frustrating, and the game will practically be over.

Neymessi

At Calderon, ATM is supposed to play more offensively. They need to score, and we don't. ATM is not good in attack, they are only good in defense. This might be the ultimate advantage for us.

The key difference between Lucho's team and Pep's team is the counter-attack ability, and regarding this, Lucho's team is clearly better.

With MSN, we are extremely dangerous when we counter attack.

If ATM focuses too much on attack, we will have more chances to score from counter-attacks. If we score 1 goal, ATM will feel frustrating, and the game will practically be over.

They are not going to attack from the first minute, i can bet on that. They will sit back and defend because they know we will attack even if we don't need to score. They will try hitting us on the counter.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I think they're going to try and pressure us for the first 25 minutes. We're always most vulnerable at that time period. After that, the team gets a bit of rhythm, even if we play bad. It's been like this the whole season, I think they'll try to exploit that.

JPM85

Think that will be the case indeed.
Atleti to score 1-0 in the first 25 minutes, and then lock the place down for the rest of the match.
They just need to score 1-0, and defend like hell.

Lucho needs to get the team into the right set in the match, and make sure we don't get to 1-0.
Otherwise it will be a frustating evening, like the last 2 matches.

FC B

Forunately Barca will go thorugh with any possible draw and even a narrow defeat provided they score at least two and not lose by more than oane goal.

It would've been a hellish difficult task had Barca lost the first leg but luckily Barca has the upper hand in this tie.

Barcilliant

I think they're going to try and pressure us for the first 25 minutes. We're always most vulnerable at that time period. After that, the team gets a bit of rhythm, even if we play bad. It's been like this the whole season, I think they'll try to exploit that.

Exactly we concede very early and don't settle quickly.

I don't know why Lucho instructs us to sit back in the first 15 minutes to avoid the early goal.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly we concede very early and don't settle quickly.

I don't know why Lucho instructs us to sit back in the first 15 minutes to avoid the early goal.

I think it's just the opponents pushing really hard the first 20-30 minutes. Then we start to settle in when they are more tired and take over the game. It happens basically every Barcelona game. Barcelona plays basically always better second half. (Other than Villareal and Real madrid games), but I guess there could be some fatigue issue going on.. Overall though this season we have been very good in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans