CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Antimadridista1

Always tough to be positive when taking in consideration these elements :

- We always struggle in C1 away ties ; even more in quarter finals (last three years)
- We have Valverde who seems like he has no clue on how to approach these type of games
- Suarez hasn't scored in an away game in C1 since 2015
- ManUtd has nothing to lose and everything to play for ; they don't deserve to be in the last 8 let alone the last four and this is their best strenght.

However

- I feel like our team always shows up in the big games this season and in terms of fitness we look much better than recent years at the same time of the season.
- Suarez and Messi are in a good moment and they know that it's all about them tonight. Dembele probably won't play.
- Defensively we know how to stay compact and solid, compared to last years.

I would sign for a draw right now but I think that Messi will destroy them and one of Rakitic/Arthur will get a goal.

Calidad

Don’t really like the idea of playing 4 midfielders, all of which it can be argued are DM’s. There’s potential for it to be static and none of them have any pace.

Will basically all be on Messi to score, and Suarez hasn’t scored away from home in the CL in 4 seasons now is it?

Despite being out of form, I’d rather see Coutinho, or god forbid Malcom who seems to be rewarded with a spot on the bench following each good performance.

mc_lovin

Yeah, just play the best 11. No need for clever experiments. And react with Malcom/Vidal/Dembele depending on how the game plays out.

Raketa10

I bet Valverde will go with:

Mats
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
Roberto-Vidal-Busquets-Rakitic
Messi-Suarez

I hate this (boring as fuck) line up!

Messi983

Jasper
Wague-Todibo-Umtiti-Miranda
Alena-Vidal-Puig
Malcom-Prince-Valverde

should do the job

Rest players for Huesca.

Hardy

with that slowass lineup we'll barely shot on target. the only big team in europe to play with 4 midfielders and none of them a proper winger.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
giphy.gif

Centauri B

Not 4 midfielders please.

Play best available XI, which unfortunately means Dembele on the bench since he is surely not match fit at all.

sickstar

Actually we barely lost against big team this season.
Leganes, real betis, sevilla (and one more team i forget).
Against madrid, sevilla (in league), valencia, atletico, also tottenham, inter, lyon etc we havent tasted defeat.
So, im quite positive about this match.
A 1-1 result should do the job. We're really strong against any team in camp nou except maybe that match against betis.

Kuchi

Don't have the "we are doomed" feel like last years vs. Juventus or PSG, 1st leg ... but i am not that optimistic either...somehow this team always manages to pull a bad surprise, against all indications..

I don't see us falling apart like vs Roma, Juventus, PSG, but there will be work to do over at Camp Nou.

I expect a marginal defeat, hopefully we score a goal

Home of Barca Fans