CL 1/4 Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United 4-0 agg.

Neymessi

Not having a good feeling about this. Barca manu fans both seem to think it is 90% going to be us winning, and yet to meet anyone otherwise.

We suck without messi and aren't all that tbh and it feels like a movie script that manu will make a comeback from being shit for years this time considering how they beat PSG.

Barcilliant

Not having a good feeling about this. Barca manu fans both seem to think it is 90% going to be us winning, and yet to meet anyone otherwise.

We suck without messi and aren't all that tbh and it feels like a movie script that manu will make a comeback from being shit for years this time considering how they beat PSG.

We cannot lose to this Utd side. That would be a huge body blow. We've been losing to inferior teams in the quarter finals for some time and it has to stop.

A loss to Utd would really damage our prestige. I just don't understand how we've lost to inferior sides over two legs.

Zidane82

We cannot lose to this Utd side. That would be a huge body blow. We've been losing to inferior teams in the quarter finals for some time and it has to stop.

A loss to Utd would really damage our prestige. I just don't understand how we've lost to inferior sides over two legs.

Well it’s not as though we have an incompetent , inept , safety~first minded guy in charge..

i_bleed_blaugrana

Steigen
Alba-Lenglet-Pique-Roberto (I guess, If they start with 4 midfielders?!)
Arthur-Vidal-Busquets-Rakitic
Messi-Suarez

I guess this would be it?

[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Lenglet-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Jordi
0-0-Arturo-0-Busi-0-0
Bob-0-0-0-0-0-Raki
0-0-Messi-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Luis-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

BTW: the English preview coverage of this match has been an absolute joke. Everyone thinks we are still 2015 Barca and clearly hasn't watched any of our matches outside of el clasico.

EV is going to shock the world when we sit back, defend well and try and hit UTD on the counter :lol:

Last edited:

serghei

[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
0-0-Pique-0-Lenglet-0-0
Semedo-0-0-0-0-0-Jordi
0-0-Arturo-0-Busi-0-0
Bob-0-0-0-0-0-Raki
0-0-Messi-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Luis-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

BTW: the English preview coverage of this match has been an absolute joke. Everyone thinks we are still 2015 Barca and clearly hasn't watched any of our matches outside of el clasico.

EV is going to shock the world when we sit back, defend well and try and hit UTD on the counter :lol:

Exactly. :lol:. Clueless.

Arizona Scott

Well it’s not as though we have an incompetent , inept , safety~first minded guy in charge..

As of yet EV has only lost one match in the CL correct? Others failures this decade have to be pinned to Pep, Enrique, other dudes, etc.

Well we did run roughshot on a full strength Spurs squad in London in the fall. This is the team that just beat the annoited ones.

The footballing community with the least amount of respect and expectation of Barca this year seems to be many of its own fans. Neutrals respect us, opponents are scared from us, as they should be.

Arizona Scott

I do want to bury these guys though. They have some talent, but they also have some big exploitable weaknesses. Don't want them to start to get any belief.

I think if we are energetic and clinical it will be no contest. But failing in one of those (e.g., opening Lyon match)--we could get some serious stress in the tie. I am thinking 3-1, 2-0.

Gari

Steigen
Alba-Lenglet-Pique-Roberto (I guess, If they start with 4 midfielders?!)
Arthur-Vidal-Busquets-Rakitic
Messi-Suarez

I guess this would be it?

Steigen
Alba-Lenglet-Pique-Semedo
Coutinho-Arthur-Busquets-Rakitic
Messi-Suarez
+
Vidal,Alena,Malcom
-
Coutinho,Arthur,Busquets or Rakitic

kobby

In two years with EV, we haven't lost to any "big" (read: prestigious) teams. IIRC, the only teams we've lost to are Levante, Betis, Leganes, and Sevilla. I don't include the super cup against RM because he barely knew the team then and Neymar had just bailed on us.
We've drawn or beaten all the big sides we've met during his reign.

The main downside to EV is that the football isnt pretty and his rotation/subs are weird. But in terms of actual results, his team is pretty solid.

Kul_z

In two years with EV, we haven't lost to any "big" (read: prestigious) teams. IIRC, the only teams we've lost to are Levante, Betis, Leganes, and Sevilla. I don't include the super cup against RM because he barely knew the team then and Neymar had just bailed on us.
We've drawn or beaten all the big sides we've met during his reign.

The main downside to EV is that the football isnt pretty and his rotation/subs are weird. But in terms of actual results, his team is pretty solid.

Roma?

Kul_z

Im getting more nervous, not that quality wise, but feeling that players are complacent with situation, everybody knows that we're favourites, just like against roma and juventus two years ago. Hell, just take things seriously please

Home of Barca Fans