Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

Evil

Shabazz
sylvinho-piq-puyol-Cáceres

ronaldo, like other united fowards cant beat a man 2 save his life
all we need is SPEED
if we use yaya at CB vs thier speed, we would ship at least 4 goals

And playing Sylvinho at RB, we would ship 8 goals :lol: Btw welcome oyetunde, nice to see you here mate :smile:

nebeer

Love is All
I think whatever formation we play, Messi should play right at the edge of the box. If he has to play slightly deeper, he would still be effective, but 3 MU players would be breathing on him. He should try to play as up as possible. This is only my opinion of course!

G.J

V.H. 4 life
injuries permitting, our lineup has to be-

valdes
puyol*, pique, caceres*, sylvinho
xavi, yaya, iniesta
eto'o, messi, henry

*maybe swap these two around

yaya at CB worked coz he was a perfect physical match for drogba and could basically fight him all game. and he still made a few mistakes in possession that a faster player would have punished him on. ronaldo is a faster player and would burn him alive. if berbatov were gonna start then yeah, fine, but he won't. fergie will adopt his arsenal tactics.

whoever plays at RB will have to be ON. rooney is their biggest threat now dani isn't playing to keep him in defensive mode. he will play ronaldo in down the channels so much.

messi in the middle because, as good as vidic is, he's vulnerable to pace and skill. he didn't play the semi-final last year and thus we never got to see it but I think messi could give him a very hard time (if he can get away from ferdinand that is. fucking hell he is some defender).
I thought Vidic played in the return leg no?

Anyways I think our best bet would be a Puyol Pique partnership in the middle. We should start trying Martin on the right in the league to see how he fairs. After all he did play there in his career and he can be use his pace against Ronaldo. I'd feel much better if he started as a FB rather than the middle. Atleast he'll have the line with him. If Oleguer can do it, Caceres can do it. Thats my motto!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I thought Vidic played in the return leg no?

Anyways I think our best bet would be a Puyol Pique partnership in the middle. We should start trying Martin on the right in the league to see how he fairs. After all he did play there in his career and he can be use his pace against Ronaldo. I'd feel much better if he started as a FB rather than the middle. Atleast he'll have the line with him. If Oleguer can do it, Caceres can do it. Thats my motto!

yeah but oleguer was a catalan superhero.

and ronaldo will start in the middle.

D

Digit

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be in Barcelona on the night of the final. Where would be a good place to watch the game? Will there be an outdoor bigscreen area for the fans somewhere on the streets?

Thanks!

beef-supreme

Our defensive problems are giving me near-heart attacks. First we had a somewhat makeshift back line against Chelsea, and now we will have an even more untested one against United, if Abidal's red isn't overturned. This is frightening because going forward, United are a much better team than Chelsea.
We should play:
Cáceres - Piqué - Puyol - Sylvinho

And we need to use our best form of defence, which is attack. Of course we'll need Yaya in the middle, I really hope our back line will be resilient enough with Xavi and Iniesta playing in midfield.

redout

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be in Barcelona on the night of the final. Where would be a good place to watch the game? Will there be an outdoor bigscreen area for the fans somewhere on the streets?

Thanks!

Go to the mini-estadi.

No doubt it will be on there on the big screens like 2006.

15,000 culés.

M

Malarkey

--------------------Valdes------------------

----Puyol------Pique------Marquez-------Sylvinho

--------------Xavi--------Toure----------------

----------Messi-----Iniesta------Henry----------

---------------------Eto'o------------------------

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ow yeah, guys, some positive thinking for the final=

With Sylvinho, we finally has someone who will shoot at goal!
Without Alves, our free kicks might be more dangerous!

jairzinho

Jairzinho, I wouldn't be so confident, let's not border on arrogance

Me...., over confident..?....i've been saying a million times lately that we are the underdogs going into the game against manutd and its probably the first time that we're going in under those circumstances....no rafa, no dani and no abidal..what i did say is that we are still capable of beating any team on the face of the earth once we control the match and maintain possession..that will be the key for this match....

Home of Barca Fans