Champions League 2017/18

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It’s really doesn’t look like anyone can stop them from winning three in a row. Just unbelievable. Been some bad years for Barca fans having to watch this fucking BS.

True. I never said Madrid couldn't score against us. I just said, Madrid becomes just another team against Barca since their most significant aspect of multidimensional attack is not applicable for Barca. They're one dimensional against Barca in the same way Pep's teams were one dimensional against parked bus. Now, you face one dimensional RM which has terrible defense throughout their history. And you've Messi.

I've been watching many matches for understanding the outcomes. And such I find a team such as Juventus or Chelsea more surprising while watching them live than La Liga teams. It's because the general pattern of the teams which we often watch will remain more or less the same. For instance, Barca fans and RM fans today know that the moment Isco is dribbling he's going to pass the ball exactly to Ronaldo. But Juventus defenders were caught by surprise. And, my statement is that, the technical team of Barca watches almost every match of RM since they're direct rivals. And there won't be much significant change in pattern when they meet them, since it's almost impossible to integrate the team into an entirely new tactic from the training matches itself. That's why it's very reasonable to say it'll be just another El Clasico where Busquets make fun of Isco and Casemiro. [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION]

Last edited:
T

TS88

Amen to that

Worship the most high, your family and loved one's because they are the only one's that are going to be by your side during the difficult times of your life. Too many kids are disrespecting their parents these days and its a worrying trend.

Devils

It’s really doesn’t look like anyone can stop them from winning three in a row. Just unbelievable. Been some bad years for Barca fans having to watch this fucking BS.

Based on that Juve side? I think most people expected a blow out as soon as the line up was released. Two CBs who's average age in nearly 35 years old and a midfield of Khedira, Bentacur and Costa.

Assuming City/Bayern/Barca advance to the next round. Madrid will have to face 1-2 teams who are FAR superior to that Juve side.

ebc_99

Yeah, it was pretty obvious Real would beat Juve easily, it was only ever going to be Bayern, City or us who can stop them, nothing has changed. Juve looked good though at times and with better finishing the game could have been different. I think the 3 big teams can have chances against that defence, whether they take them is another story.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Based on that Juve side? I think most people expected a blow out as soon as the line up was released. Two CBs who's average age in nearly 35 years old and a midfield of Khedira, Bentacur and Costa.

Assuming City/Bayern/Barca advance to the next round. Madrid will have to face 1-2 teams who are FAR superior to that Juve side.
I just don’t like the way they are trashing every team in the knockout stages for the last couple of seasons. It just got to stop at some point. I know that our record against them is great, but I don’t know if we can match this monster in the CL with that hunger and motivation they got year after year. It’s incredible, but as a Barca fan it’s a stab to the heart for our golden era and legacy for them to win it this clear and often.

serghei

I just don’t like the way they are trashing every team in the knockout stages for the last couple of seasons. It just got to stop at some point. I know that our record against them is great, but I don’t know if we can match this monster in the CL with that hunger and motivation they got year after year. It’s incredible, but as a Barca fan it’s a stab to the heart for our golden era and legacy for them to win it this clear and often.

They haven't played many elite sides. Only Bayern in the last 3 years, and were lucky to not be eliminated. It's the other teams' fault that they have went out to inferior sides, while Madrid really showed the flaws of those teams. Madrid don't lose to inferior opponents. It takes a really elite team to beat them, and only Barca, City and Bayern seem fit of that tag in Europe right now.

Last edited:

We need not be this depressed until we get knocked out. Real have just sailed to the Semis. As a matter of fact, we too have already reached Semis. Tomorrow Barca will be fired up and that's an extra motivation. And unlike the last tournaments, Real Madrid is much more dependent on Ronaldo for goalscoring. Better quality teams would contain him. And certainly, Barca would unless an upset.

Zincubus

Banned
We need not be this depressed until we get knocked out. Real have just sailed to the Semis. As a matter of fact, we too have already reached Semis. Tomorrow Barca will be fired up and that's an extra motivation. And unlike the last tournaments, Real Madrid is much more dependent on Ronaldo for goalscoring. Better quality teams would contain him. And certainly, Barca would unless an upset.

Worrying thing is we are playing poor football and they're playing wonderful footie !

When did the change over happen ?

Stoichkov1

They haven't played many elite sides. Only Bayern in the last 3 years, and were lucky to not be eliminated. It's the other teams' fault that they have went out to inferior sides, while Madrid really showed the flaws of those teams. Madrid don't lose to inferior opponents. It takes a really elite team to beat them, and only Barca, City and Bayern seem fit of that tag in Europe right now.

Bayern was dominated for 180 mins.

If it wasn't for Neuer they would have lost badly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, it is a combination of luck, determination, good planning and of course, good football that they won. Winning the CL is not easy and it requires a lot of luck (two offside goals against Bayern not called last year anybody?), that said they did show some winning mentality of not giving up, unleashing waves and waves of relentless attack; and they were relatively fresh with rotations and bench depth and above all, they did play well in most of the knock-out stage games.

We can replicate everything except luck. Starting with some good planning and needed rotations before the crucial CL games first.

Worrying thing is we are playing poor football and they're playing wonderful footie !

When did the change over happen ?

Our only poor performance against a big team this season is against Chelsea. So, let's see how we perform tomorrow. And another important thing is, we were tired of competing for 3 titles. We won't after winning la liga.

Bayern was dominated for 180 mins.

If it wasn't for Neuer they would have lost badly.

That's a horrendous team under Ancelloti which eventually destroyed by QSG only for Heynckes to take over and put QSG in their place in the very next leg. So, let's not draw conclusion from that. Bayern is certainly a better team now than they were last year. Heynckes made Bayern the super power it's now.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans