Champions League 2017/18

Joan

Watched Bayern vs. Sevilla tonight. They were quite poor, weak defending... don't really trust them to eliminate Madrid but it's Jupp. The very best.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Watched Bayern vs. Sevilla tonight. They were quite poor, weak defending... don't really trust them to eliminate Madrid but it's Jupp. The very best.

Well, it’s us or Bayern who will have to stop their streak. City got a great attack, but their fragile defense combined with Pep’s naive tactics will never beat this Real Madrid side. Let’s be honest. Absolutely zero chance, and I’m one of the few on here who seems to still like Pep.

Joan

Well, it’s us or Bayern who will have to stop their streak. City got a great attack, but their fragile defense combined with Pep’s naive tactics will never beat this Real Madrid side. Let’s be honest. Absolutely zero chance, and I’m one of the few on here who seems to still like Pep.
Yeah, don't really trust Pep to do it. Although has he learned anything? He should be way more conservative in his approach. Have the quality to do so.
I still see Real eliminating every other team but us. I'm a Barca fan and might be subjective - but think we stand a real chance.

Stoichkov1

Bayern is not good enough on the final third against top teams, it has been their problem for many years, and they usually concede goals.

I think if there's a team that could stop them is City, Pep actually learnt that you don't have to try to walk the ball into the net everytime to score goals.

Bayern is not good enough on the final third against top teams, it has been their problem for many years, and they usually concede goals.

I think if there's a team that could stop them is City, Pep actually learnt that you don't have to try to walk the ball into the net everytime to score goals.

I repeat once again. Real Madrid are the favourites to win the tournament unless they face us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I disagree, I think Bayern is more than good enough on their final third and they always find ways to score, it is their leaky defense that I am worried about (only when they play against Real Madrid). Tonight Sevilla would have scored a few more if their front line had been better at capitalizing those opportunities and finishing (just like how they were playing against Manchester United at home and against us on Saturday).

I think we and Bayern are capable of beating Real Madrid more than City is. City lacks that kind of experience that matters in CL games.

Let's beat Roma first.

Devils

Bayern, City and Barca are all good enough to eliminate Real.

All three of these teams have been the most complete in Europe this year. UCL might be Real's ring, but all three of these teams have been better than Real over the season.

Stoichkov1

I disagree, I think Bayern is more than good enough on their final third and they always find ways to score, it is their leaky defense that I am worried about (only when they play against Real Madrid). Tonight Sevilla would have scored a few more if their front line had been better at capitalizing those opportunities and finishing (just like how they were playing against Manchester United at home and against us on Saturday).

I think we and Bayern are capable of beating Real Madrid more than City is. City lacks that kind of experience that matters in CL games.

Let's beat Roma first.

2014: 0 goals scored against Real

2015: 0 shots on target against Barca in the first leg

2016: 0 shots on target at the Calderon against Atletico, good performance in the return leg but still I recall only 2-3 good opportunities and Atletico had some too;

2017: scored from a corner, a penalty and thanks to an own goal from Ramos against Real and they didn't have many more opportunities.

Home of Barca Fans