Can Barca make it to the finals of the CL?

Can Barca make it to the finals of the CL?

• Yes

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 61.5%

• Total voters

Fourteen

Monster Masch
The question is easy to understand, but I personally still voted "No". Bayern are too strong collectively for us to score 4 or more and for them not to answer with a goal or 2 of their own. At the same time, this Barca isn't at it's peak. Xavi is struggling physically, the trident of Iniesta/Xavi and Busquets haven't been at the top of their game for a while and the defense is very poor against a decent attack. It can't be done. If we do go through to the final I will give up my favourite pastries forever - Yum Yums, that would be torcher.

Adnan

It's not arrogant. Before the 1st leg, the fans had no way of knowing which Barca would show up. The one that played against Milan, or the one that played most of the other games in 2013. The former, at their best, could squeeze a win at the Allianz Arena.

cesc will send us to the final, scoring fourth and final penalty. :cesc:

seriously, i'm one of those who voted yes. if i'm thinking rationally, of course, answer is, not likely. but, game could turn around in 5 minutes. 4:0 in 120min is mountain to climb, for sure. but, why not. what's else left to this season. this is the game to play.

anyway, i was 100% sure that malaga was in semi finale, 2 min before the end of the game. and, my favorite moment to remember in this kind of situations is inesta's goal against chelsea.
i don't think there was a lot of united funs (at our home ground) in 1999. believing in '88th min of the game, that they will be crowned champions, 5 minutes latter. miracles are possible.

well, sorry for a bit longer post. but, those are my reasons for voting yes. ;)

Fourteen

Monster Masch
And valid one's at that, Adnan.

It would be wonderful to see that sort of turn around as a Barca fan, but perhaps not this season. Could you imagine, a Barca - Real final, that would be rediculous.

Adnan

i won't imagine el clasico final, for two reasons. first one is obvious, and the second one is that, madrid is playing first game. there would be 24h of a fact, that madrid qualified, and that could seriously damage my health, while waiting for barca to do the same. that's why i'm going to support bvb, and if barca reach final too, they will suit us just fine. they proved themselves as great side already.

well, perhaps not this season. but, we won't know it for sure until wednesday night.

Garrus

There is a question i've been thinking about in the last hour
Does the fact we made a big comeback at home recently, Makes it more likely to happen again, Or less likely to happen again.....

loozy

I'd honestly say less likely as Jupp Heynckes will surely have studied that match and seen what it is Barca does when pressured.

loozy

Oh, sorry, completely misunderstood.

Well, technically Barca have used up their fortune when playing Milan and going through; however, odds and chances are there to be proven wrong and with players in the side that have beaten these more than often, and especially the GOAT, I would say that if there is one team that can overcome such obstacles it would be Barca, simply by virtue of how they play.

However, it is a kind of battle of beauty versus determination and Barca has to rise a level above Bayern in that department which is going to be incredibly hard; Bayern suffered last year and the players in the Eurocopa suffered, too, except for Javi, and right now they are channelling that into this astounding display of what men are willing to do to reach their goals. Barca has had such a drought such as Bayern experienced and they need to dig really deep to come up with what is needed to beat them.

IMO, beauty prevails over determination; but Bayern are something else this season.

And I probably completely missed your pov again. I'm saying it's even odds.

Last edited:

spark

I too was certain Malaga were through. Even at 2-2. It just shows anything can happen, And since every team has had 'their' massive offside goal in recent matches. It seems we might be due one to tip the the balance :innocent:

raskolnikov

We need messi to have one of his absolute best nights ever, but even if that somehow happens to be the case we will still need 6 goals if they score 1, and considering our defence, their players and style and the first game its extremely likely that they will at the very least score once.
Can you see us score 6 goals? I honestly cant thats why its 99.99% sure we are out.

Madrid are out 90%, they need a comeback compared to our psg one, its possible but highly unlikely considering Dortmund outplayed them 3 times.
Im hoping for them to go out and us pulling of a miracle but in reality it will be Bayern vs Dortmund.
I will root for Dortmund then and hope we make the buys needed to have another go at cl win next season.

Dont consider it a failed season though if we win la liga considering everything that happened and reached semi's in cl and copa del rey and only lost super copa due to Valdes losing his mind in the first game.
Things have been worse in the past, la liga, Tito and Abidal are our biggest wins and we can still improve and be a strong force in Europe the coming years, lets be optimistic.

We need messi to have one of his absolute best nights ever, but even if that somehow happens to be the case we will still need 6 goals if they score 1, and considering our defence, their players and style and the first game its extremely likely that they will at the very least score once.
Can you see us score 6 goals? I honestly cant thats why its 99.99% sure we are out.

Madrid are out 90%, they need a comeback compared to our psg one, its possible but highly unlikely considering Dortmund outplayed them 3 times.
Im hoping for them to go out and us pulling of a miracle but in reality it will be Bayern vs Dortmund.
I will root for Dortmund then and hope we make the buys needed to have another go at cl win next season.

Dont consider it a failed season though if we win la liga considering everything that happened and reached semi's in cl and copa del rey and only lost super copa due to Valdes losing his mind in the first game.
Things have been worse in the past, la liga, Tito and Abidal are our biggest wins and we can still improve and be a strong force in Europe the coming years, lets be optimistic.

We need to press like the Milan game (maybe even better) IMO. I can see it getting us a clean sheet. We're 99% out, but anything can happen.

As for this season, it's not a complete failure, we did get to the CL semis and win La Liga. Still, we've been shit in many big games. And tbh, I think with players like Messi and Iniesta on the team, we should have done a lot better than we have.

We have been a bit unlucky though, after all, Messi and Busquets never get injured (Messi's injury isn't entirely down to bad luck though, he shouldn't have played the full 90 against Celta after the game against Bolivia). Still, changes will be needed next season.

Still, like you said, I can see us becoming the best team in the world again next season, if we make the right changes.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

sick of messi bailing us out tbh. i want a return to a more balanced side. we don't have the form, defense, or attack to make it happen. that is my mind talking of course. my heart says our best barca side will show up and perform some kind of crazy magic, but even then i will secretly be mad that we'd have to be bailed out by messi, because let's face it, it would be him who would have to show up big for us to go through. pedro or sanchez might score a lucky goal but they have proven irrelevant for the majority of the season, and aren't considered world class at this point. neither is villa, who ironically is one of our top scorers and still doesn't get a start in munich leg 1. i dont even...

Home of Barca Fans