Boxing

ajnotkeith

Joshua was always a flat track bully .. until he went missing for about ten minutes when Klitschko sent shockwaves to his knees ..

Joshua has been hurt by just about every fighter since .

Losing to a lard/arse then to a cruiserweight .. he is a joke to most boxing fans

Cruiserweight?

Usyk will become the undisputed heavyweight champion, book it.

Zidane82

Also dillian whyte is overrated. Average technique and doesn't even have that much power, perhaps his body gives the illusion of having power but it's not. The guy lost to jushua and and grandpa povetkin and barely defeated chisora. His footwork is incredibly bad too.

Fury Jushua needs to happen that's the only fight that makes sense now in the division. Perhaps a wilder vs jusha would be the second best thing. If fury retired he would do his legacy a disservice he needs to fight either jushua or usyk at least to cement his legacy.

Why would Fury fight Joshua ?

He lost to a fat lard-arse then a small cruiserweight !

ajnotkeith

Was he not he fighting at cruiserweight until last year ?

Yes, but does that mean anything? He is the best opponent AJ has ever fought. Unlike Ruiz there's no shame in losing to a fighter as good as Usyk. Even if you hate Usyk he can't be anything less than top3 right now (for me joint #1).

Nowadays HW division is all about size and blowing guys up as big as possible, but most of the best HW fighters in history have been 'small' guys on the tale of the tape. However, those guys had more power, more technique, more stamina and more speed than any of these fighters do. Think Holyfield/Frazier/Tyson/Joe Louis/Marciano/even guys like Ali who were tall but not massive.

Similar story to Usyk, he is much faster, much more endurable and has far better technique than Fury/AJ/Wilder. If he was powerful it wouldn't even be close but unfortunately he isn't which is why AJ made it competitive.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Yes, but does that mean anything? He is the best opponent AJ has ever fought. Unlike Ruiz there's no shame in losing to a fighter as good as Usyk. Even if you hate Usyk he can't be anything less than top3 right now (for me joint #1).

Nowadays HW division is all about size and blowing guys up as big as possible, but most of the best HW fighters in history have been 'small' guys on the tale of the tape. However, those guys had more power, more technique, more stamina and more speed than any of these fighters do. Think Holyfield/Frazier/Tyson/Joe Louis/Marciano/even guys like Ali who were tall but not massive.

Similar story to Usyk, he is much faster, much more endurable and has far better technique than Fury/AJ/Wilder. If he was powerful it wouldn't even be close but unfortunately he isn't which is why AJ made it competitive.

I would rate Usyk as the number two but he would never get past Furys jab ..and even if he got through a few times it is very unlikely he could hurt Fury .

How does Usyk win considering the above

Windhook

Age is the only real challenge ahead of Fury, Usyk is a year older btw. Tyson changes strategy each match, he's unpredictable and has a great trainer in SugarHill.

Porque

Has Fury ever fought someone with the footwork and fight IQ of Usyk?

Strangely enough, I don't think Fury needs Usyk (or Joshua) and neither does Usyk need Fury. But maybe I'm just jaded from waiting long enough for those fits to come to fruition.

Windhook

Strangely enough, I don't think Fury needs Usyk (or Joshua) and neither does Usyk need Fury. But maybe I'm just jaded from waiting long enough for those fits to come to fruition.

I don't think Fury has ever faced someone with the footwork of Usyk, he opts to fight fan favorite heavypunchers like Klitschko, Wilder and Joshua.

Anyway my opinion on Fury retirement changes from day to day, I don't think he needs to fight if he genuinely doesn't feel it anymore. Mike Tyson fought for money in his final years and it was a complete mess.

Porque

I don't think Fury has ever faced someone with the footwork of Usyk, he opts to fight fan favorite heavypunchers like Klitschko, Wilder and Joshua.

Anyway my opinion on Fury retirement changes from day to day, I don't think he needs to fight if he genuinely doesn't feel it anymore. Mike Tyson fought for money in his final years and it was a complete mess.

Can see him keeping busy with WWE having a big event in the UK this Summer and maybe loading his (and his friends) pockets with a novelty fight with Ngannou.

After that end of year he may fancy the Joshua/Usyk winning if it doesn't go to III.

Undecided on who would win out of Usyk/Fury. Generally a good big fight always beats a good small fighter. So it is just a question of if the skill level gap is enough for Usyk to overcome.

ajnotkeith

People like to play down the Wallin fight and say Fury was unmotivated but there is something more there. He struggles against fighters with good fundamentals.

Wallin is nothing special but he's very technical and is sharp and accurate, and Fury had to labour to a v tough win. Whereas against brawlers (Chisora, Whyte) Fury has an easy time.

You have to remember that for how good Fury is, his work appears much more effective than it is a lot of the time. For example in Wilder I where people said he dominated, he only ended up landing a dozen punches more the whole fight and hit the canvas twice. Jabs on gloves and arms aren't scoring punches.

fergus90

People like to play down the Wallin fight and say Fury was unmotivated but there is something more there. He struggles against fighters with good fundamentals.

Wallin is nothing special but he's very technical and is sharp and accurate, and Fury had to labour to a v tough win. Whereas against brawlers (Chisora, Whyte) Fury has an easy time.

You have to remember that for how good Fury is, his work appears much more effective than it is a lot of the time. For example in Wilder I where people said he dominated, he only ended up landing a dozen punches more the whole fight and hit the canvas twice. Jabs on gloves and arms aren't scoring punches.

He also had to navigate a pretty awful cut in the Wallin fight too tbf. Also I think that was the night he realised he needed to change trainers because Ben Davidson is nothing special.

I think with Sugar Hill and the Kronk style this will probably be his peak and it would be a crying shame to waste it.

fergus90

Who are people favouring in tonights fights btw? Taylor/Serrano has had plenty of build up but never seen Serrano fight to form an opinion. Going for Stevenson to get the decision on Valdez though.

ajnotkeith

He also had to navigate a pretty awful cut in the Wallin fight too tbf. Also I think that was the night he realised he needed to change trainers because Ben Davidson is nothing special.

I think with Sugar Hill and the Kronk style this will probably be his peak and it would be a crying shame to waste it.

All I mean is, we have only seen this Kronk style against limited boxers like Wilder and Whyte but a fighter like Usyk will cut that distance much much easier and not get timed coming in with a big punch.

I also have questions on how good Fury's tank is when he is that big, vs a high volume fighter it could be tough to keep up being that size.

Home of Barca Fans