Boxing

ajnotkeith

Jushua has more chance of doing so. The only possible way to defeat fury is a ko because nobody is going to outpoint fury.usyk does not have a powerful punch and we have seen it a million times times and he is a cruiserweight. Fury would just bully usyk and make him fight from the inside if things doesn't go well. Usyk struggled with an old bully in Chisora he ain't going to survive many rounds with fury.

In fact if jushua man up my money is on him in the rematch.

It's not about power, but there are plenty of points to hit Fury. He is not the same fighter who fought Klitschko, he's slower and moves less. Wallin showed this.

Usyk is one of the most technically sound heavyweights probably in history.

Windhook

Has he said it before? I feel like it's Boxer's way to build up hype.. "my last yada yada".

Don't think he's said it before, fact is he stopped boxing due to depression, heavy drinking and drugs back in 2016. It's different now, his father mentioned it recently that this'd be one of his final fights, also Tyson promised to his wife that he'll retire after this one.

IMO it's not the right time, Fury looks in top form and there's still the Usyk/Joshua debate which can unify the belts.

fergus90

It's not about power, but there are plenty of points to hit Fury. He is not the same fighter who fought Klitschko, he's slower and moves less. Wallin showed this.

Usyk is one of the most technically sound heavyweights probably in history.

But he's much more aggressive himself now with the Kronk style, rather than the tippy/tappy mover and boxer he was and I think it's done wonders for him. So if Usyk is outboxing him I can see Fury getting rough and Usyk may struggle to cope with that due to his size.

Out of the current crop of heavyweights Fury is a cut above. Although I do think Usyk would be a much harder fight for him than Joshua.

Total-Football

The heavyweight division is full of bitches however.

Fury never fighting jushua
Wilder going a career without fighting jushua or whyte or even chisora

It's a miracle that we got fury vs wilder

Old heavyweights fought the shit out of each other sometimes twice. Meanwhile those keep ducking each other and fighting journeymen

Windhook

Joshua is avoiding some of the top heavyweights like Fury and Wilder for years now. I don't believe it's about money only.

fergus90

Fury and Wilder have had a trilogy fight, that has cemented their legacy and will be looked back on in years to come.

Hopefully, Joshua can pull off a minor miracle and beat Usyk, so the Joshua vs Fury fight could happen. However, I'm very skeptical he'll do any better this time around.

In other news, looking forward to Valdez vs Stevenson this weekend. That should be a quality fight.

Alik

Fury and Wilder have had a trilogy fight, that has cemented their legacy and will be looked back on in years to come.

Hopefully, Joshua can pull off a minor miracle and beat Usyk, so the Joshua vs Fury fight could happen. However, I'm very skeptical he'll do any better this time around.

In other news, looking forward to Valdez vs Stevenson this weekend. That should be a quality fight.

Why can't a Usyk fight happen if Usyk beats Joshua?

fergus90

Why can't a Usyk fight happen if Usyk beats Joshua?

It definitely could, I meant more because the whole Fury vs Joshua fight has been touted for about 7 years now. I personally think Fury has one fight left in him before he genuinely retires and that's the winner of Usyk/Joshua to fight for the undisputed.

Windhook

It definitely could, I meant more because the whole Fury vs Joshua fight has been touted for about 7 years now. I personally think Fury has one fight left in him before he genuinely retires and that's the winner of Usyk/Joshua to fight for the undisputed.

Yeah, most boxing fans feel that and want this ultimate fight to happen. Although Joshua's reputation took some hit with those two losses in recent years, the Fury vs. Joshua fight is still the big money maker, Usyk is not so popular yet.

Imagine Fury retiring after beating Joshua, could be legendary, cementing his status as the greatest of this generation. It is kind of dissatisfying for me seeing Fury walk away after an easy fight against Dillian Whyte.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Joshua was always a flat track bully .. until he went missing for about ten minutes when Klitschko sent shockwaves to his knees ..

Joshua has been hurt by just about every fighter since .

Losing to a lard/arse then to a cruiserweight .. he is a joke to most boxing fans

Total-Football

Seems like July is the date for usyk jushua 2. New heavyweights fight once a year sheesh.. Old heavyweights used to fight multiple times a year. This pace is bad for the sport. I think it's impossible to have an undisputed fight until 2023 if it happens at all

fergus90

Seems like July is the date for usyk jushua 2. New heavyweights fight once a year sheesh.. Old heavyweights used to fight multiple times a year. This pace is bad for the sport. I think it's impossible to have an undisputed fight until 2023 if it happens at all

Heavyweight boxing has sucked for many years to be honest but boxing in general is too political with too many sanctioning bodies preventing the big fights happening and promotional companies scared to lose their cash cow.

Ever since Mayweather retired undefeated, everyones scared to death of losing.

Divisions like Lightweight, Welterweight and Super middle are stacked with great fighters yet they rarely fight one another. Oscar Valdez vs Stevenson this weekend will be good though as someone's 0 has got to go!

Zidane82

Mike Tyson apparently fought 11 times in the year leading up to the tone he first won the world title

Total-Football

Heavyweight boxing has sucked for many years to be honest but boxing in general is too political with too many sanctioning bodies preventing the big fights happening and promotional companies scared to lose their cash cow.

Ever since Mayweather retired undefeated, everyones scared to death of losing.

Divisions like Lightweight, Welterweight and Super middle are stacked with great fighters yet they rarely fight one another. Oscar Valdez vs Stevenson this weekend will be good though as someone's 0 has got to go!
Yes great fight the week end.

Home of Barca Fans