Borja Valero Iglesias

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
1286279641_0.jpg

Birth: 12 January 1985
Length: 1m76
Hair: getting bald
Teams: Real Madrid youth teams, Mallorca, West Brom, loaned to Mallorca and now Villarreal.

So what's the deal with him? Doing great last year with Mallorca and now doing great with Villarreal. Why is he loaned out? Surely has the capabilities to get a starting place at West Brom? I believe he also got a call for the national team.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
We've been heavily linked with him lately. He's versatile, two-footed, and a good passer of the ball. Would add some depth and directness to our midfield. Villarreal probably wouldn't let him go for cheap though.

Sewelly

He's great. Makes it easy for him when he has Rossi and Nilmar making runs for him to feed, but obviously he's quality because he was doing the same for Mallorca last season.

Amazing that he somehow didn't make the grade at West Brom.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Westbrom still got the rights to his ownership...Villarreal has the option to buy him for 16m I suppose

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Valero is a very good player. It's him and Cazorla who make things happen for El Submarino. I'd rather take Rossi though!

Rohit

West brom wasted him by making him play as a defensive midfielder, i thought villareal brought him out right start of the season?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Wiki page suggests so... I remember Catalan media also reporting we need to say 16m or some thing to Villarreal to sign him, so he may be signed totally by them

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Hopefully he breaks the curse of Spaniards in Serie A.

Of course most of the Spanish who end up in Italy are either prospects or past their prime (as Pep was...). The most infamous exception of a Spanish player going to Italy in his prime was of course Mendieta, but thankfully Valero doesn't have that kind of pressure. It helps that he's arriving with a few other very good passers.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Borja Valero has attempted the most passes in Serie A this season, with 425.

Borja Valero has made the most accurate passes in Serie A this season, with 358

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Good, and nothing less than expected. The italian league should suit him well.

And I've got him on both my SM teams :D

Home of Barca Fans