• Fabregas

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Sneijder

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

LaPulg4

My best is Juninho...incredible shots from him. When I see his freekicks, I'm wanna to say: F*UCK! How can he scored a goal from +30 meters with no strong shot? But my second favourite freekick taker is Nilsson. Link to his goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcEWkPbo-i4 and of course Roberto Carlos with his left false ;)

Beast

The Observer
As Kev said they don't make them like they used too anymore..
the last classical FK taker in la liga was Guti but he wasn't interested in taking them always but he was damn accurate
De La Pena deserve a good shout as well but Becks remain the most accurate passer and set piece taker , Pirlo not as a consistent as before
from the upcoming generation i like the Bosnian Pjanic , he has the style , strong shot and accuracy passing/shooting to be another Juninho (lost his ability 2-3 years ago already ) .. his set pieces are always dangerous and strong
CR remain the most high profile despite his bad stats and Messi are more into close range FK that needs trickery than precision

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Sukhy, you bloody hero for bumping this thread.

About that 10% for CR's free kicks being a goal in England
Now in La Liga:

48 free kicks
17 on target (35%)
4 goals (8%)
13 wide (27%)
18 in the wall (37%)

Ticoaj

I think were gonna make it
I loved chivaverts free kicks I doubt he would have taken many since hes a keeper

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Taking freekicks requires awkward (usually damaging) body movements. With the athletic build of most players these days, that is impossible. I used to watch freekicks that curled and decieved goal keepers but the ones I see now are just powerful. In fact C. Ronaldo's freekick style is nearly impossible if explained by physics because striking the ball the way he does requires some luck that the ball catches forward turning at a massive speed to dip the way it does, otherwise, it requires a change in pressure and I am not sure as to how this could be explained (is it the air, the velocity or the shape of the ball when it returns to normal size after it being struck that hard?). Not a talent in my opinion, but I will take it. In fact this season, his freekicks have been garbage.

Messi is shit. Xavi is only a little better.

Guti, De la Pena, Beckham all used their upper body plus a mild touch to get a proper curve, while the likes of Sniejder forces the ball to spin with brute force. Super Mario uses strength + centered aim and his shot depends on any change in the air to change the ball's direction.

My favorite was probably Sinisa Mihajlovic since he was able to get retarded power + aim + curvature on the ball.

Other names who struck the ball well were:

Michael Ballsack, Totti, Van Persie (I'd like him, only if he wasn't an asshole), Zidane, and Ronaldinho. Speaking of the last one, he would have cemented his name as one of the greatest freekick takers in history had he scored against france, he only came so close in the dying minutes. Although, wonderful shot on him, impeccable delivery that allowed Barcelona to stay in the run for the league title.

My personal nemesis is Del Pierro. He scored against Real Madrid and score them for fun against Inter.

Notable mention to Almiedo who struck a ball at an insane speed from an insane distance and scored against Inter. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5ihIMKh0E0 here it is...pure insanity.

gingerless

Lol I agree.. there's no good free kick takers in Barcelona atm, messi has scored like less than 5? lol but this one always cracks me up

Home of Barca Fans