Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

If we have learned anything from this summer it is that pre-agreement or verbal agreement etc. is worthless. Club can't sit on their ass feeling contend with just an "agreement" in hand.

What can they do, though?
I mean if a player say ok, you have a deal. Let's schedule a timetable for final details, medical etc, suddenly another club pop up and he isn't willing to honour that, what can we do?
I don't work in such environments but my guess is that there is a reason why every club in the world take few days between the deal being "done" and players actually signing the deal.

serghei

I think it's good that some players don't choose Barca B. I think that, for a good but not great talent, Barca B can be a risky move and potentially a career breaker if you don't have the goods.

I think that the players that choose teams like Mechelen instead of Barca B are not very confident in their ability to make the step to the 1st Barca team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What can they do, though?
I mean if a player say ok, you have a deal. Let's schedule a timetable for final details, medical etc, suddenly another club pop up and he isn't willing to honour that, what can we do?
I don't work in such environments but my guess is that there is a reason why every club in the world take few days between the deal being "done" and players actually signing the deal.
You are right, but I suppose the club could have acted with more urgency to close the deal and put pen to paper ASAP.

I think @Porque is probably right in saying it could be a cap issue that is preventing the club from closing the deals sooner and players simply don’t want to wait.

We have certainly fallen off the pedestal so much in the eyes of players simply due to our financial difficulties, both in real terms and La Liga-imposed.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Tijjani Reijnders said Xavi has called him but at that point he has already decided to sign for Milan.
Called him to say what? That we're broke? Anyway, good player and good for Milan - we're stacked in midfield anyway. Will be interesting to follow him...

Porque

Tijjani Reijnders said Xavi has called him but at that point he has already decided to sign for Milan.

Didn't the board tell Xavi off about talking to players on his own Accord?

What's the point of tapping this lad up when we don't have 25m to spend this summer?

Messi983

Didn't the board tell Xavi off about talking to players on his own Accord?

What's the point of tapping this lad up when we don't have 25m to spend this summer?

Xavi was apparently surprised with Reijnders's statements and said he never talked to him. Might be he doesn't want to admit he wanted a player who has just signed with another club.

Also, Sport linking us again to Fresneda.

And they also said we're still interested in Zambrano but a Portuguese team is pushing hard for him.

Porque

Man,it is kind of annoying how many deals were announced as close and then no news.
F.Diaz, Zambrano, Fresneda. Although last 2 popped again last 2 days.

Rumoured to be Porto with a 3m bid.

So goodbye Zambrano. No way can we compete with the likes of Anderlecht and Porto with those kind of financial offers.

Messi983

🤣 Kessie is better than that fridge. It goes to show what a fucked club we are.

Nah, it first shows how stupid EPL clubs are throwing their money around.

I was just thinking that if we can't sell Kessie for a good money this summer we should loan him to EPL (just find a club willing to cover his wages) rather than Juve. If he does well there will be much easier to sell him next year as a "proven" PL player. If he doesn't can always still loan him to Juve or another broken Serie A team.

Porque

About Zambrano. Probably agent talk more than anything. He isn't even starting for his club over the past 5/6 games. So unless they dropped him because they are selling him, then it seems he is not that big of a talent.

About Fabricio Diaz. This image from his last match might interest some people.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-at-12-20-22-PM.png

Home of Barca Fans