Barca Transfers and Rumors

Slevinn

Not doing well.
Kaiky lost his place as starting CB, Angelo is worse.
Both are really young and could end up top talents though.
Aren?t they top talents? Why else did we buy those rights?
Kaiky did start last game it seems though while Angelo played a half hour.

Porque

Aren?t they top talents? Why else did we buy those rights?
Kaiky did start last game it seems though while Angelo played a half hour.

Kaiky was with the Brazil u19 (games are not listed on transfermarkt) and starting. Since returning he is back in the 11 at Santos as a starter.

Angelo has been injured and just returned.

Both are starters when not injured or on international duty. So them not playing recently doesn't tell the whole story.

No idea how they are doing though as not watching the games.

Was hoping to watch some more Brasilian league in the euro off season. Good game tonight at 1am CET but too late for me. Palmeiras vs Sao Paulo. We are one of many clubs tracking the Palmeiras DMC Danilo.

Last edited:

Messi983

Ridiculous sales by Porto this Summer. Factor Diaz into that too in the winter market.

Yeah, Portuguese clubs just know to do their job.

- Luis Diaz, bought for 8m, sold for 47m (Market value when sold: 40m)
- Fabio Vieira, homegrown, apparently sold for 35m (MV = 25m)
- Vitinha, homegrown, will be sold for around 40m (MV = 30m)

And then you have Evanilson who they've bought two years ago for around 9m, he has scored 14 league goals for Porto last season (for comparision Darwin had 26 goals in a worse Benfica team), his MV is 22m and United is reportedly offering 70m. :lol:

I know these values by TM are not always accurate and sometimes teams just rate players differently and it's also possible that supposed offer is just media BS but if United is seriously willing to pay that much for Evanilson then as I've said we would be stupid to sell them FDJ for anything less than 100m as it's clear nothing has changed at United and they're still throwing the money around.

And that's nothing against Evanilson who from the little I saw from him is a very good player but even knowing forwards are usually overpriced compared to other positions 70m for him just looks way too much to me at this point. Especially if you compare transfer fees to market values of players mentioned above. They were all sold above their MV but in a still somewhat normal rate, not three times their current market value. :lol:

Givenchy

Yeah, Portuguese clubs just know to do their job.

- Luis Diaz, bought for 8m, sold for 47m (Market value when sold: 40m)
- Fabio Vieira, homegrown, apparently sold for 35m (MV = 25m)
- Vitinha, homegrown, will be sold for around 40m (MV = 30m)

And then you have Evanilson who they've bought two years ago for around 9m, he has scored 14 league goals for Porto last season (for comparision Darwin had 26 goals in a worse Benfica team), his MV is 22m and United is reportedly offering 70m. :lol:

I know these values by TM are not always accurate and sometimes teams just rate players differently and it's also possible that supposed offer is just media BS but if United is seriously willing to pay that much for Evanilson then as I've said we would be stupid to sell them FDJ for anything less than 100m as it's clear nothing has changed at United and they're still throwing the money around.

And that's nothing against Evanilson who from the little I saw from him is a very good player but even knowing forwards are usually overpriced compared to other positions 70m for him just looks way too much to me at this point. Especially if you compare transfer fees to market values of players mentioned above. They were all sold above their MV but in a still somewhat normal rate, not three times their current market value. :lol:

I can't believe they would bid that much.. from reading redcafe they believe the club has a 120mil-150mil budget this summer hence why they continue to lowball us on Frenkie, it makes sense especially missing out on the CL. IF they did offer that though, yeah 100mil for Frenkie is a must and thats before any bs add-ons

Andresito

Staff member
Are we doing the best with the amount of money we are reported to spend? Let's say it's 200m, including a sale of Frenkie.

Are Kounde, Bernardo and Lewandowski the best we can do? Together with smaller sums for Alonso and Azpilicueta. In addition to Christensen and Kessie of course.

How would you spend 180-200m?

MTL_Barca

Are we doing the best with the amount of money we are reported to spend? Let's say it's 200m, including a sale of Frenkie.

Are Kounde, Bernardo and Lewandowski the best we can do? Together with smaller sums for Alonso and Azpilicueta. In addition to Christensen and Kessie of course.

How would you spend 180-200m?

Not sure about the names, but i think in general spending let's say 40-70M each on 2-3 quality players is the best approach opposed to buying another 120M gamble or trying with too many 20-30ish mil average players. If the money is actually available of course.

We have a decent core in (Fati if healthy), Pedri, Gavi, Auraujo. Even Ferran despite the flaws he showed so far. Also a big squad in general, so what we mostly need is quality signings.

Still missing another RW though. And a RB. And a DM that is ready to start for us sooner rather than later, same for a LB. But to fix all of that at once we'd probably need double of the 200M figure that's floating around.

If Frenkie leaves we'll need another midfielder so unless we get someone cheap there like Soler then most of the money we get for him is gonna have to go towards his replacement.

A lot of it depends on opportunity imo. If we can get a world class RW we could do with Auba for another season for example, Lewandowski could be seen as a rare opportunity as well even though recently reported price tag makes it a lot less interesting. Not sure who else we could get there though, Raphinha for like 60M doesn't sound that great as well for example.

Kounde i'm not sure. We need more quality defenders, but 60M is a lot of money.

Hard to say what would be best, my list sorted by priority would probably be RW, CF, RB, CB, DM, LB or something but mostly depends on who we can get. I'd rather sign a great CB than an average overpriced RW for example, even though i think a RW would be more important.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Despite not being ruled out fully, Bar?a sees the signings of Alonso and Azpilicueta as COMPLICATED. [MENTION=22765]alex[/MENTION]pintanel
#fcblive

Porque

:lol:

Imagine those signings being complicated.

Should pay the 15m for Gaya and get Balde a good loan. Alba has a few years left so the transition has to be started over the next two markets.

Zidane82

Not sure about the names, but i think in general spending let's say 40-70M each on 2-3 quality players is the best approach opposed to buying another 120M gamble or trying with too many 20-30ish mil average players. If the money is actually available of course.

We have a decent core in (Fati if healthy), Pedri, Gavi, Auraujo. Even Ferran despite the flaws he showed so far. Also a big squad in general, so what we mostly need is quality signings.

Still missing another RW though. And a RB. And a DM that is ready to start for us sooner rather than later, same for a LB. But to fix all of that at once we'd probably need double of the 200M figure that's floating around.

If Frenkie leaves we'll need another midfielder so unless we get someone cheap there like Soler then most of the money we get for him is gonna have to go towards his replacement.

A lot of it depends on opportunity imo. If we can get a world class RW we could do with Auba for another season for example, Lewandowski could be seen as a rare opportunity as well even though recently reported price tag makes it a lot less interesting. Not sure who else we could get there though, Raphinha for like 60M doesn't sound that great as well for example.

Kounde i'm not sure. We need more quality defenders, but 60M is a lot of money.

Hard to say what would be best, my list sorted by priority would probably be RW, CF, RB, CB, DM, LB or something but mostly depends on who we can get. I'd rather sign a great CB than an average overpriced RW for example, even though i think a RW would be more important.

Fati is done ...

Home of Barca Fans