Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

We must grab Mata... experienced, great passer, nice technique, superb free kick, .. and FREE.

In our financial situation, guys like him are a Bargain... exactly what we need!

I prefer Jose Luis Morales, he has just announced he's leaving Levante and apparently already has an offer from Villarreal. One of the most underrated players in La Liga for years.

Barcilliant

I prefer Jose Luis Morales, he has just announced he's leaving Levante and apparently already has an offer from Villarreal. One of the most underrated players in La Liga for years.

I agree. Morales is very good and pretty much the centre piece of Levante. Anything good pretty much happened through him. No brainer to try him out. His wages wouldn't be much I imagine.l

Andresito

Staff member
I'm reading we're rumoured to be interested and hold a low buy back clause.

Could you tell me more about this player.

How? He left for Hospitalet and then for Girona. The buy back should be gone, if there ever was one.

Porque

How? He left for Hospitalet and then for Girona. The buy back should be gone, if there ever was one.

I read it was 5m, but I found this article which says his general buyout clause is 5m, and it doubles if Girona reach Primera.

Girona announced this Monday afternoon the renewal of the contract of youth player Arnau Mart?nez , who ended his relationship with the Catalan club this June and who is linked to the Girona entity until 2025 with a termination clause that will be around five million euros while in the Second Division and that it would be doubled in the event of promotion.
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...32516/girona-renueva-arnau-martinez-2025.html

Chicken feed if we think he has high potential. Not alot of high quality rightbacks around.

Remember we were linked with another RB, Trilli of Depor, but that rumour died down with his injury. Arnau Martinez is actually ahead of Trilli in the Spain youth categories.

Messi983

I'm reading we're rumoured to be interested and hold a low buy back clause.

Could you tell me more about this player.

Didn't watch him much but from what I've seen a very good attacking RB (he has 6 assists this season, joint 2nd most in Girona) who also does his job defensively. Very commited and a solid tackler, could still improve his positioning but that's understandable at his age.

Given our options at RB I wouldn't mind giving him a chance. If we sign Azpi on a 2-year contract Arnau could be his understudy. Or maybe better sign and loan him back to Girona for another year, especially if they're promoted to La Liga (although in that case he'd be more expensive) to give him more minutes. Girona coach fully trust him as he has 4th most minutes in the team behind a GK and two CBs (they're all experienced 30+ players).

Also has experience playing as a CB (mostly in 3 at the back system) last season when he made a breakthrough to the first team and Girona still had Yan Couto at RB so could maybe be useful there as well if Xavi decides to switch to 3-4-3 or something.

FURb6NWXwAU9-TJ

Our finances are in much worse condition then Mata's legs. We still act like we can actually choose which is hilarious. Mata is Option we can afford and everything ends there.

Here in Balkans we say "Kad je džabe i sirće je slatko!" ("When it's free, even vinegar tastes sweet!").

Or maybe I'm wrong, we have loads of cash to waste: just heard Azpi will get 12 M per year. Please, tell it's not true...

Porque

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

He looks decent. Best attribute seems to be his mentality. We should try for 5m as a B team signing and potentially loan him to LaLiga after an assessment in pre-season.

10m to loan back to Girona is probably out of our budget and something City or more likely to do from a business perspective.

We have signed Unai Hernandez (17) from Girona Juvenil for the B team btw, while Madrid have signed two Girona youth players.
https://www.elnacional.cat/es/depor...ia-girona-madrid-erik-vazquez_767400_102.html

Strong academy right now.

ajnotkeith

If we still can, I would scrap the Christensen signing and somehow find 40m for Gleison Bremer from Torino.

Absolute beast, and probably wouldn't ask for a high wage.

Home of Barca Fans