Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

Realistically with minimal investment, we could look something like this next season.

----------------MATS---------------
Semedo--Araujo---Lenglet---Alba
-----------------FDJ---------------
------Pjanić------------Puig-------
-Dembele-------Messi--------Fati-

Utility sub: Roberto
CB subs: Todibo, New signing
LB sub: Gaya
CDM sub: Kondogbia (Valencia is in trouble, could get him for cheap)
CM subs: Monchu, Pedri, Reis, Alena
Attacking subs: Griezmann, Trincao, A cheap target-man striker (Giroud type)

Out: Rakitić, Vidal, Coutinho, Pique, Suarez, Busquets, Umtiti, Firpo, Rafinha
In: Gaya, Kondogbia, Cheap target-man ST, CB

Actually, if we get Gaya (LB) and Kondogbia (CDM) from Valencia, that could work. Kondogbia would bring the grit and Gaya would bring competition to Alba. Frenkie can then switch between CDM and CM depending on the nature of the opponent.

Should absolutely look into getting at least 1 player from Valencia, who are in big, big trouble (not Parejo).

This is Barca 2020 on a budget, but still good enough to secure top 4. Next year is a write-off. We have no money, so we should give some quality minutes to Monchu, Reis and Pedri and hope that one of them develops into a starter in the future.

Edit: Just been reminded that Gaya has similar issues to Dembele. Pass then and try to find another LB.

Last edited:

Messi983

France Football says we're one of the teams following Malang Sarr who is available on a free transfer. Probably unlikely we'll sign him but he could be a good backup/competition for Lenglet and can also cover LB if needed.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
France Football says we're one of the teams following Malang Sarr who is available on a free transfer. Probably unlikely we'll sign him but he could be a good backup/competition for Lenglet and can also cover LB if needed.

They're saying Abidal has been working on completing his move and it's at very advanced stages.

Messi983

We should do a double swoop for Watford's Estupinan and Luis Suarez. And if we somehow manage to offload Dembele get Ismaila Sarr as well.

.blitzer

Just NO. those players you suggested to keep as a backup won't accept being a backup. They will spread toxic in the dressing room. We need radical changes. Even if we bring a strong coach, it will be a season full of clashes between said strong manager and the seniors. SELL those losers.

Selling Griezmann because he is useless playing out of position. The money we gain from selling him will help us rebuild this team.
Braithwaite is just a backup, we do need a backup striker.
Su?rez isn't making 20mil/year anywhere else, except China. If he has to go to Ajax and make 8mil/year as a starter or 20mil/year as a bench player at Bar?a, he will take the 2nd option.
I'm not defending that he should stay, but just saying some of these overpaid guys won't just accept go anywhere and make much less money, just because they have to stay on the bench.
The problem like you said, it won't be good for the dressing room to still have the amigos here, but we better face it, sending these guys away won't be easy.

Messi983

https://www.fichajes.net/noticias/fichajes-coste-cero-podrian-interesar-barca-koeman-20200819.html

Just some names thrown around of free agents who could be interesting for Koeman. Don't know much about Fraser but Sarr is the only one I'd take without thinking twice. And IF Suarez really leaves and we won't spend big money on Lautaro (hopefully) maybe Mandzo on a 1-year contract as a backup plan B striker to Griezmann or Messi as a false 9 which would probably be our primary plan in this case.

Kubala

Realistically with minimal investment, we could look something like this next season.

----------------MATS---------------
Semedo--Araujo---Lenglet---Alba
-----------------FDJ---------------
------Pjanić------------Puig-------
-Dembele-------Messi--------Fati-

I'm sorry, but that would be woeful. Both fullbacks need replacing, Araujo hasn't showed he's anywhere near this level yet, Dembele WILL get injured and Messi can't play false 9 any more. I think for Messi's last years he needs to play as a No10 behind a striker with pace and movement. He can join in MF when we have possession, play through balls and get nearer goal himself, without leaving us vulnerable wide. We need pace, stamina and work rate from our wide players so we aren't so weak. I don't know much about Trincao but he should be young enough to have the legs. Grimaldo, Bellerin & Upemecamo would be my priorities if we can find the money. If not give Todibo, Miranda/Cucarella & Wague some game time.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm sorry, but that would be woeful. Both fullbacks need replacing, Araujo hasn't showed he's anywhere near this level yet, Dembele WILL get injured and Messi can't play false 9 any more. I think for Messi's last years he needs to play as a No10 behind a striker with pace and movement. He can join in MF when we have possession, play through balls and get nearer goal himself, without leaving us vulnerable wide. We need pace, stamina and work rate from our wide players so we aren't so weak. I don't know much about Trincao but he should be young enough to have the legs. Grimaldo, Bellerin & Upemecamo would be my priorities if we can find the money. If not give Todibo, Miranda/Cucarella & Wague some game time.

Fullbacks might have to be replaced but money is needed elsewhere. Our best hope is to wait for Emerson another year and maybe get Alaba for free. This summer we can't do much to improve.

I'm sorry but Grimaldo and Bellerin are so 2015. They are never going to be good enough for Barca. Upamecano, sure.
Todibo, Miranda, Cucurella and Wague aren't players that a top team can rely on, never will be.

Kubala

None of them could possibly have done worse against Bayern than Semedo & Alba. Emerson has had a decent season with Betis so yes, but what is the point then of bringing in these young players and never playing them? At least they would give 100% and have the pace and fitness to compete.

Another year for Alaba on a free? When he would be 29? Yes, just what we need, some more ageing players...

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
None of them could possibly have done worse against Bayern than Semedo & Alba. Emerson has had a decent season with Betis so yes, but what is the point then of bringing in these young players and never playing them? At least they would give 100% and have the pace and fitness to compete.

I doubt any individual replacements would improve our result against Bayern. Semedo and Alba have the pace so that wasn't the issue.

Their performances at other clubs kind of prove that they weren't good enough.
I don't expect them to be the best player of their team but at least show glimpses of what they can bring to a Barca side, so far 0 has been shown from those you mentioned. At most they can be OK backups.

Vilarrubi

I doubt any individual replacements would improve our result against Bayern. Semedo and Alba have the pace so that wasn't the issue.

Their performances at other clubs kind of prove that they weren't good enough.
I don't expect them to be the best player of their team but at least show glimpses of what they can bring to a Barca side, so far 0 has been shown from those you mentioned. At most they can be OK backups.

Firpo too, good at Betis. Underwhelming for us, definitely not good enough to replace Alba.

Home of Barca Fans