Barca Transfers and Rumors

Kubala

I doubt any individual replacements would improve our result against Bayern. Semedo and Alba have the pace so that wasn't the issue.

Their performances at other clubs kind of prove that they weren't good enough.
I don't expect them to be the best player of their team but at least show glimpses of what they can bring to a Barca side, so far 0 has been shown from those you mentioned. At most they can be OK backups.

I think they would. You can argue tactics and formations all day long but the individual performances of Semedo, Alba, Sergi Roberto & Busquets were shocking. If no individual replacements would have improved the result then why have a clearout? Keep all the same players and change the tactics slightly is that what you're suggesting???

Last edited:

Kubala

Firpo too, good at Betis. Underwhelming for us, definitely not good enough to replace Alba.

Based on what? His 11 league starts this season?
I don't see why we sign players and then give them no consistent game time, other than to appease the old guard.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I'd say the main objective this year is to get rid of some of the heavyweights. We have a big squad with the loanees and promoted B-players.
Get rid of likes of Umtiti, Neto, Rakitic and Vidal. After that could take a look at Busi and Suarez.

These players can be replaced with what we have, although logically 1 midfielder would be good if 3 leaves. And selling Suarez could open up some issues unless Koeman has a good plan for Messi/Griezmann. So maybe keep Busi and Suarez in smaller roles.

Don't/can't spend a lot of money now, other than Garcia who shouldn't cost more than 20M.

Kubala

I'd say the main objective this year is to get rid of some of the heavyweights. We have a big squad with the loanees and promoted B-players.
Get rid of likes of Umtiti, Neto, Rakitic and Vidal. After that could take a look at Busi and Suarez.

These players can be replaced with what we have, although logically 1 midfielder would be good if 3 leaves. And selling Suarez could open up some issues unless Koeman has a good plan for Messi/Griezmann. So maybe keep Busi and Suarez in smaller roles.

Don't/can't spend a lot of money now, other than Garcia who shouldn't cost more than 20M.

I don't see Garcia as anywhere near ready yet. Who you thinking can replace Suarez as starter? Griezmann?

Andresito

Staff member
I don't see Garcia as anywhere near ready yet. Who you thinking can replace Suarez as starter? Griezmann?

Garcia can have year to adapt. He's meant to replace Umtiti and fight with Araujo.

As I said replacing Suarez is going to be hard without buying someone. I'm hoping Koeman has an innovative solution, at least short term with Suarez playing far from all the games.

frostdude1

OUT:
Alba
Umtiti
Busquets
Vidal
Rakitić
Suarez
Braithwaite

IN:
Alaba
Garcia
Trincao
Pedri
Pjanic

20/21 Squad:
GK: Ter Stegen, Neto
RB: Semedo, Wague
CB: Lenglet, Garcia, Araujo, Pique, Todibo
LB: Alaba, Firpo, Miranda
MF: Puig, de Jong, Pjanic, Coutinho, Alena, Pedri, Monchu, Roberto
FW: Messi, Fati, Dembele, Griezmann, Trincao

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Co0ter

OUT:
Alba
Umtiti
Busquets
Vidal
Rakitić
Suarez
Braithwaite

IN:
Alaba
Garcia
Trincao
Pedri
Pjanic

20/21 Squad:
GK: Ter Stegen, Neto
RB: Semedo, Wague
CB: Lenglet, Garcia, Araujo, Pique, Todibo
LB: Alaba, Firpo, Miranda
MF: Puig, de Jong, Pjanic, Coutinho, Alena, Pedri, Monchu, Roberto
FW: Messi, Fati, Dembele, Griezmann, Trincao

What do you guys think?

I agree with most of that, however up until this year Alba has always been a solid player for us over the course of a season. If we could get Alaba for not too much, I'd keep Alba and sell Firpo. Alaba can also get minutes in the midfield if required.

Any sort of rebuild needs to start with Busquets and Suarez leaving. I rather have Braithwaite leading the line. Suarez has been that bad in general play and absolutely zero effort or pressing. He just walks around and fuck that. That kind of behavior is infectious and it needs to go.

You are gambling on Coutinho and Griezman finding a place in the team. I'm okay with seeing if Dembele can get healthy, but selling Griezman should be a priority too, he just doesn't have a place in the team. Coutinho is more likely to work on paper, but he doesn't have the character for it either. Selling Griezman and buying an experienced, top striker would make that mostly inexperienced squad look significantly better.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Wijnaldum is almost certainly going to agree and pre-contract offer with you guys in January with Thiago doing likewise with us.

FC433

I will quit watching Barcelona if that happens. Would not have minded him if we did not get MP. U23 only unless it is a LW.

Porque

Reports in Holland (according to MD) say Wijnaldum is indeed a Koeman request and he is looking to bring in 5/6 players in total.

Home of Barca Fans