Barca Transfers and Rumors

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Holy shit if true it's a great deal.

I like Kostas and when Masche leaves, I'd have no issues with signing him as competition for Umtiti on the Masche spot. The guy is lighting quick also.

klc123

Halfway through last season:
'Aleix is maybe not the RB for us'

This transfer window:
'Nah, he'll turn out ok. Hopefully.'

At least we've actually bought a CB this time I guess.

Xavinho

What about Bruno Peres? Didnt watch any of his matches, but what I have seen on youtube was amazing. Specially that long run goal vs Juventus.

From the little I've seen of him I wonder how well he'd fit here. When I saw him it looked like he was holding onto the ball too long, putting his head down and trying to dribble past everyone before inevitably losing possession. If we signed him he'd have to adapt to how we play and look to combine with his teammates (especially Messi) more regularly. I haven't seen much of him though, so I could be wrong.

R

reaper

Holy shit if true it's a great deal.

I like Kostas and when Masche leaves, I'd have no issues with signing him as competition for Umtiti on the Masche spot. The guy is lighting quick also.

Agreed.

I remember when I suggested him a few years ago on here. I suggested he would be a far better option than Bartra - these posts are back from March 2014:

Actually I think his technique and speed are his weaker points (Bartra). His strong points are his size and height and that he is a youth player which should count for something.

I watched Man U get humiliated by Olympiakos mid week - they had a centre defender who is perhaps 70 times the player Bartra is, hugely fast, brave and massive technique... his name was Manolas (sp?)

The response?

I think that Reaper knows as much about football as I do about Ouzbekistan.

You're comparing 2 defenders in completely different teams with completely different playing styles against completely different opponents and you dare to call others fools. Nothing else to add there really.

Not that I called anyone a fool in the first place.. but one guy saw it..

so you can't compare good players in different leagues?
lol if your good, your good.

and reaper is right, bartra is bad.

R

reaper

Didn't have to go post hunting, I rarely recommend anyone because I think Barcelona should only be scouting the best players on the planet. :) Also I have made less than 70 posts. So I remembered clearly when I said that Manolas was miles ahead of Bartra - being told I know nothing about football and that am a fool for daring to suggest Manolas in place of Bartra! :lol: I spose the whole saga is best summed by this quote.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
Euripides

:cheers:

I also got called some nasty names for saying Arda is not good enough imo, but that is another epic! This truly is a unique environment! :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans