Barca-related Open Thread

khaled_a_d

Don't know where to post this, so naturally this is the place.
I had a look at the contracts of our players, and for some reason Alemany is leaving Deco with some work to do.

Mainly because of 2026 contracts

For a desired player, 2 years before the end of contract is when you start getting serious wil renewal and as of most cases, 1 year before end of contracts is the last chance to sell, while 2 years in many cases is the last chance to negotiate a full price of a player.

So who is in the list?

GK: Pena
Defense: Araujo, Christensen
Midfield: Romeu, Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie, Gundogan.
Attack: Lewa & Lamine.

Players like Pena, Romeu are likely out before that, Lewa and Gundogan are too old to renew and both have team/player option 2025/2026.
Lamine is said to have already agreed that he will extend at 18, though can never trust this.
But, Araujo, Christensen, Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie is a hell of a list. And all are likely looking for a contract improvement even.
It is going to be busy summer with those, but I honestly expect 2 of those to be sold to raise funds for transfers.

PS: That doesn't count on loan dead contract like Lenglet, and youth players like Cubarsi, Bernal & Darvish. All has contract till 2026 too

Last edited:

Messi983

RIP Joan Casals

5d81ae74-8e2b-4c58-a955-8cfd2c16d4c2_16-9-discover-aspect-ratio_default_0.webp

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Excited about the newly released Barça One app but terribly wonky early on - a lot of bugs to address

MontenegrinCuler

If we win against Osasuna Flick will equal Barca's best start to a season. :tata:
Yeah, and best start to the season was under Tata when we bottled the league to pathetico. 8/8 and then drew to Osasuna we're playing next. If they do it again they're a big bunch of bastards.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and best start to the season was under Tata when we bottled the league to pathetico. 8/8 and then drew to Osasuna we're playing next. If they do it again they're a big bunch of bastards.

I just read some posts from the September of 2013 here.
People were happy with Tata. His rotations, adaptation from tiki-taka...
And he had that 8/8 with tougher opponents than we had so far.

Hope we don't re-live this again. :lol:

Loki

I remember, the last game of the season was against them and we needed a win, but drew 1:1. How often do you have a direct duel in jornada 38 for the title. Damn it was an emotional rollercoaster.

Andresito

Staff member
FC Barcelona communicate that UEFA have applied a €10,000 fine and banned the sale of tickets for an away Champions League game due to racist behaviour by some fans during the first matchday game played by the men's football first team at the Stade Louis II in Monaco on 19 September.

Correct move or not @Gnidrologist ?

Home of Barca Fans