Aymeric Laporte

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's a much better player than Lenglet and would clearly be the best CB in the team, but would not sign him simply due to his history with knee injuries.

He has one notable knee injury that he fully recovered from at City

Laporte is excellent and we should have no reservations considering him as a significant upgrade to Lenglet

Mateka

Media report of Roberto plus cash for Laporte is a non starter. If there was a key striker - Aguero caliber of ten years ago - going the other way, the article might be worth a read.

Devils

I haven't followed City apart from CL, but why did Laporte not start for them? That kind of worries me.

Stones has had a 'resurgence' after partnering with Dias.

Seems to be Pep's preferred partnership. Unfortunate for Laporte as he would be a starter at basically any team in Europe.

Laplacian

Laporte was terrible sometime in October or November, and was dropped for Stones. Since then Stones has been unplayable alongside Dias so he hasn't had any chances to come back. Laporte would still be no doubt our best CB by far if he came here, if he plays like he did in 18/19 and 19/20 (when he returned from injury).

Birdy

He is not the fastest around, but he could be ideal partnered with a physical beast like Araujo.

His ball-playing ability and his aeria presence in both boxes means that we will be missing no trait that bum Pique can provide (no more excuses to play him)

Mateka

I haven't followed City apart from CL, but why did Laporte not start for them? That kind of worries me.

Stones and Dias started a partnership when Laporte was injured. When he recovered he could not displace Stones.
VVD, Kompany, Terry all great CBS. But Dias and Stones a great pair.
There is some history that when City lost in a couple of knock out stages of CL, there was a question mark over Laporte performance in those games.
However, he is on a par with Stones.

Last edited:

Birdy

The question is how the CB landscape will look after 2022

With Umtiti out, and Pique hopefully retired,
swaping Laporte with Lenglet (sell somewhere or to City to lower cash) sounds great for now, since we cannot afford probably either De Ligt or Kounde.
Going with Araujo-Laporte basic pair with Minqueza, Garcia as subs, is not bad

If our CBs are also increased with a new world-class CB like Deligt/Kounde by 2024, and we have Araujo, Laporte, new world-class CB, Minqueza/Garcia to cover
that sounds great

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Yeah would be a huge upgrade even though he seems to decide to have his brain farts in high profile high pressure games; would fit right in.

Don't think we can afford him or offer any players that City would want for him.

Mateka

Reports of Laporte and Barca are still around. The latest update comes from Diario Sport who reckon the center-back wants to swap Manchester City for Barcelona and is “putting pressure” on the Premier League champions to let him move.

Home of Barca Fans