Arthur

BBZ8800

Or...

1. Arthur was a 5th pick in EV's eyes at the end of the last season behind Busi, Raki, Vidal and Alena.
Arthur disappeared around March from all EV's plans.
2. Now we added Frenkie and Roberto in midfield who will both be starters.
MD and some papers are writing today that Busi was the missing link against Bilbao and that Frenkie is kinda shaky defensively as a pivot for now.
That means that a starting trio will be Busi-Frenkie-Roberto.
Even if we sell Raki, we still have Vidal, Arthur, Alena and maybe Rafinha fighting for minutes.

My point:
= in EV's head, Arthur was very low in a pecking order at the end of the last season
= and this season, nothing has changed, he is still on the bottom of a pecking order.
From Copa America guys, both Coutinho, Vidal and Suarez got more minutes than him in a preseason and 2 league matches.

So basically, YOU GUYS are now fighting with your own illusions, where you have promoted Arthur to a No2 in a pecking order during a summer out of nowhere.

While in reality, even without Raki, a pecking order is:
1. Frenkie
2. Roberto
3. Busi
4. Vidal
5th tied=Alena, Arthur, Rafinha
8. Puig

You guys will mention Liverpool, the strongest team in the world...
But we were playing extremely fast against Napoli and Betis lately.
And terms playing fast and Arthur can't go into a same sentence.

Last edited:

Laplacian

FdJ is basically Arthur, but better physically and more versatile...it's not a big deal.
I'm not a fan of Roberto or Vidal but they at least add something different to our midfield.

JohnN

He is not like FDJ, I don't understand where this comes from.

Arthur does have a spot in this team, and my guess is that he will be extremely useful on tough away CL games.
We have a very very crowded middlefield, which should make for well rested players all year long.

About the pecking order thing.. Arthur had issues with his stamina (and some minor injuries due to that) at the end of his first year in Europe, that's why he wasn't used as much.

It would be a shame if we didn't manage to see what Busquets-FDJ-Arthur or FDJ-Arthur-Sergi/Alena/Vidal can do at some point.

BBZ8800

FdJ is basically Arthur, but better physically and more versatile...it's not a big deal.
I'm not a fan of Roberto or Vidal but they at least add something different to our midfield.

Fdj is not Arthur.
Well, kinda...

Arthur can do only 3 things:
1. Get the ball into the opponent's half
2. Avoid pressure
3. Keep possession

Busi can do all of this.
Except that he can defend better, play faster and send some forward passes.
Frenkie can do all of what Arthur can do, plus he if fast, has stamina, defending, aerial presence and has more forward passes.

Rafinha is adding attacking play.
Alena is adding attacking play.
Vidal is adding running, fighting, defending, stamina and all round presence.

Arthur's skills are needed ONLY against Liverpool.
And when Frenkie/Busi are injured.
And if we play against a strong opponent.

Yesterday at home, where we had possession all the time, there was no need for 3 press resistance midfielders (Frenkie, Arthur, Busi) who will get the ball out of our box.
2 were enough.
And probably, even Frenkie would have been enough.

All other midfielders like Roberto and Vidal.are adding more running and energy than.Arthur.
And Rafinha, Alena and Puig are adding attacking passes.

Arthur lost a lot of coins actually with Frenkie's arrival since Frenkie can do everything what Arthur can, plus 100 other different things.
The same as with Raki and Roberto.
In this moment, Rob can do everything what Raki can, plus he is faster and has more stamina.

Laplacian

Fdj is not Arthur.
Well, kinda...

Arthur can do only 3 things:
1. Get the ball into the opponent's half
2. Avoid pressure
3. Keep possession

Busi can do all of this.
Except that he can defend better, play faster and send some forward passes.
Frenkie can do all of what Arthur can do, plus he if fast, has stamina, defending, aerial presence and has more forward passes.

Rafinha is adding attacking play.
Alena is adding attacking play.
Vidal is adding running, fighting, defending, stamina and all round presence.

Arthur's skills are needed ONLY against Liverpool.
And when Frenkie/Busi are injured.
And if we play against a strong opponent.

Yesterday at home, where we had possession all the time, there was no need for 3 press resistance midfielders (Frenkie, Arthur, Busi) who will get the ball out of our box.
2 were enough.
And probably, even Frenkie would have been enough.

All other midfielders like Roberto and Vidal.are adding more running and energy than.Arthur.
And Rafinha, Alena and Puig are adding attacking passes.

Arthur lost a lot of coins actually with Frenkie's arrival since Frenkie can do everything what Arthur can, plus 100 other different things.
The same as with Raki and Roberto.
In this moment, Rob can do everything what Raki can, plus he is faster and has more stamina.

That's exactly what I meant though, you just wrote several paragraphs about it instead. FdJ can do everything Arthur does and more, that's why I don't see any issue in Arthur not being picked. They should fight for the same position and rotate with each other, the third spot should be left to a different kind of midfielder. A midfield destroyer maybe in Vidal? A midfielder who can focus on placing final third passes? There's no need for Arthur when you already have immense control in Fdj and Busquets. Waste of time.

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], if EV is shit, as you yourself have said, then why the fuck do you use him benching Arthur as a good argument? He is shit, he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

BBZ8800 logic:

1. EV is shit
2. EV benches Arthur
3. Arthur is shit because EV benched him

Score: 12/100

Last edited:

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], if EV is shit, as you yourself has said, then why the fuck do you use him benching Arthur as a good argument? He is shit, he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

BBZ8800 logic:

1. EV is shit
2. EV benches Arthur
3. Arthur is shit because EV benched him

Score: 12/100

EV is not that shit for me.
Also, there are signs that he is improving and learning.

Regarding players whom he didn't play for now:
1. Paco=EV was right
2. Denis=EV was right
3. Dembele=EV was right way before forum
4. Malcom=EV was right
5. Mina=EV was right way before forum
6. Prinze=EV was right

Where was EV wrong?
1. Roberto as a RB=he is learning
2. Raki=we didn't have better options in the first two seasons. He is learning.
3. Cou as a LW=well other options were Dumbele and Malcon the Crystal Palace guy.

EV is maybe bad in playing Barca's fluent football, even though he is improving.
In terms of judging players, EV was right in majority of cases.

So, if you want to use EV's ability of judging players, then Arthur is probably a very flawed player.
Which doesn't seem too crazy since he is slow, weak stamina, meh defender, horrible in attack, zero aerial presence.
Plus he has Busi and Frenkie who csn do everything what he can, but better.

Arthur along with Raki probably dwells the most on the ball before making a backpass.
And Busi, Raki and Arthur are three slowest midfielders.

People are still in a denial phase about Arthur.

Remember 3 phases in this process:
Phase No1: people say that a player is 100% perfect and almost having no flaws.
They insult anyone who mentions some flaws.
Phase No2: after a few Months of a denial and being in a phase No1, people slowly realize that their favorite has SOME flaws.
But then, they have defensive replies: ok, he can't pass/shoot/defend. But he is young, he will improve that over time (Dembele, Malcom, Samper, Arthur, anyone).
Also, in this phase, people will blame everyone else for player's flaws:
A bad coach, a team is not playing to his strengths, stupid Raki is static, media don't like him, he was injured and needed time (Dembele several times, now Arthur).
Phase No3: after a year or two of excuses in a phase No2, people slowly accept that their favorite is seriously flawed and not as good as they hoped for.
Phase No4: fans pick a new young favorite and go through 3 phases again.

Remember the same process process and same phases tons with Alexis, Bartra, Halil, Samper, Adama, Deulo, Denis, Mina, Dembele, Malcom and now Arthur.

Look at the alibies from the last two posts:
1. John=he was injured in the last season, that is why he lost his place...
2. Serghei=EV is an idiot

A textbook example of a phase No2.
A denial and everyone else are guilty for player's problems.
Not himself or his flaws.

Till the end of a season, some fans will move to a phase 3 if Arthur will continue to be a slow backassing zombie in the attacking 3rd.

Let's see what will happen with Arthur.
And how fans will go through these 3 phases;)

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Arthur disappeared around March from all EV's plans.

You conveniently missed the fact that he got injured, was out for 3-4 weeks. During that time we got some favourable results against Madrid etc so when he regained fitness Valverde just stuck with what he had with Raki-Business-Vidal which in the end turned out to be the WRONG decision resulting in our 2nd most humiliating defeat of all time. Not sure how you can defend EV here, you even admitted we needed Arthur in those games.

Before his hamstring injury he was a starter 2nd/3rd pick and our midfield looked the most dynamic it has in ages, just look back at the posts around that time.

You guys will mention Liverpool, the strongest team in the world...
But we were playing extremely fast against Napoli and Betis lately.
And terms playing fast and Arthur can't go into a same sentence.

Please don’t mention Napoli again, Man United beat us and Real Madrid in pre season over the last few years and look at them in real competitions... judging how we play from pre season is laughable.

We played well without Arthur on the pitch, great... don’t see the problem, except you see that as an opportunity to push your agenda against him. Why don’t we see you putting the same time and effort in the Rakitic thread because he wasn’t on the pitch either. You were saying we can’t beat weaker La Liga teams without Ivan Lampard but we did with ease... difference is we need Arthur for those high pressing CL games where Rakitic is the worst but now we’ve realised we don’t need Rakitic for ANY games.

You’ve taken so many L’s recently bro...

kollegah

should only play as a super sub.
i cant see this trying to imitate xavi anymore, it is so annoying and far away from an end product.

this barca forum slogan " he absorbs pressure" should also be banned from here because its useless in 95% of the game.

what we need is urgency in our game, the pep era ended long time ago and we should finally stop to look for players to imitate xavi or iniesta, they are not born yet

BBZ8800

Please don’t mention Napoli again, Man United beat us and Real Madrid in pre season over the last few years and look at them in real competitions... judging how we play from pre season is laughable.

We played well without Arthur on the pitch, great... don’t see the problem, except you see that as an opportunity to push your agenda against him. Why don’t we see you putting the same time and effort in the Rakitic thread because he wasn’t on the pitch either. You were saying we can’t beat weaker La Liga teams without Ivan Lampard but we did with ease... difference is we need Arthur for those high pressing CL games where Rakitic is the worst but now we’ve realised we don’t need Rakitic for ANY games.

You’ve taken so many L’s recently bro...

You are dishonest lately, what happened to you?
If you are mentioning my L's, why don't you be honest and say that I was the first guy 2 years ago who said that Dumbele is dumb as fuck based on his interview, presentation and first weird events when he didn't know how to stretch before matches, talk to a coach that he has muscle problems, where he didn't know Spanish, where he fired chef and lived unhealthy?
Or Malcom-Crystal Palace guy?

My only sin lately is defending Ivan Lampard Rakitic.
And not shitting on EV.
But I am not shitting on Ev because our team is filled with Arthurs, Dembeles and Malcoms who are imo bad players and people thought that we had best players in the world.
He was doing good for 2 years with our overrated players.
EV had some european mistakes, though.

Regarding Lampard, majority of my posts were between Ivan Lampard and Arthur since for me Arthur is very meh player and I would rather play Ivan in 90% of matches.
Even though Lampard is also far from a perfect player for Barca.
EXCEPT against Liverpool on Anfield and City at Ittihad, which happens twice in a season.
In majority of other matches, Arthur is more or less useless or easily replaceable with players with more strengths.

Also, majority of my posts about Lampard were because imo, Arthur is now the most overhyped player here (Dembele was that guy for the previous 2 years) and someone needs to slowly open the eyes to our fans.
Since in the last season, our only midfield options were Busi, Raki, Vidal and Arthur and since here we had Arthur vs Raki debate, this is where my posts came from.

But now, since we have Roberto as a Raki vol2, Frenkie, Alena, Busi, I don't need to mention Raki anymore.
You see, I am Raki's fan, but:
1. if we have better midfield options than Raki=I am for benching/selling Raki
2. the only difference is=I would bench Raki for Roberto and Frenkie, but NOT for Arthur.
And again, since people here made a new Xavi out of this guy, this is where my Lampard and similar posts came from.
I am fan of Fc Barca. Not Fc Raki or Fc Arthur.
The only difference that Raki is way better for Arthur for Fc Barca.
... except once in a year when we visit Anfield...

Now, even if you remove Raki, I would play more or less anyone instead of Arthur, because more or less all of our midfielders have more allround skills than him.

Also, why do you call my posts against Arthur agenda?
That is not agenda, I just think that he is... well not shit, but average. And nowhere near the level what people dream of currently.

The same as with Dembele.
I didn't have "agenda" against him.
A guy was just dumb as fuck from the day 1, a horrible fit, a bad passer, lived an unhealthy life, overpriced transfer.

But as I have explained, a Phase no2 of a denial and blaming everyone else will last for some time and there will be 100s of more random and dishonest posts like yours until we move to a phase No3.
So, let's let Arthur to speak on a field with his backpasses and slow running.

Then we'll find a new guy over whom we will argue in the next season.

Last edited:

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], you said that EV is bad a while ago. Now you have changed you mind and he is good?

Home of Barca Fans