Argentina

Chainsaw

Killahead
The irony is he just passed away right before Tata being appointed as the coach. Grondona was one of the main reasons many didn't expect Pekerman to comeback as the coach. I wonder if by his death there might come a delay in announcing the new coach. The Gods choosed an awkward moment to take the oldman.

Chainsaw

Killahead
When the hands of men fail to make the right changes the Gods must interfere. RIP El Mafioso! I really didn't like you alive. Hope your stupid son doesn't get the chance to continue your corrupted path. Adios!

Stric

Earlier today I was reading a statement of his in the news... I open the next tab and there's Messi's farewell message to him. These things happen in the blink of an eye. Rest in peace.

King Leo

Banned
Luis Segura will assume Grondona's position. Don't know much about him but his last promotion was in 2002. I hope this brings needed change to AFA. Pekerman or Tata is fine by me. Tata will play more attacking football I think.

F

Flavia

When the hands of men fail to make the right changes the Gods must interfere. RIP El Mafioso! I really didn't like you alive. Hope your stupid son doesn't get the chance to continue your corrupted path. Adios!

Bilardo is leaving too, it seems.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Ayer :VdB: :

10344783_563942510378060_8005734252471902588_n.jpg

Egert

Estonian Culé
Segura (president ARG federation): "I will meet with Tata Martino. We want him as new ARG coach. The plan is to close a deal soon."

AURELIUS

Martino. Presumed to be a contract until 2018. Tata demanding complete control over the u20 and u17 and the appointments of coaches which makes sense.

Excellent coach. Heinze to be his deputy with the Newells connection. Jorge Theiler who has coached the u15 side before is favoured by Martino for the u17 position with emerging talents like Matias Roskopf bound to be part of the side.

Speaking of which the u20 team missing many players has been selected for the Alcudia u20 tournament in Spain. Argentina lost last year to Spain but beat them the year previously with players like Alan Ruiz and Mauro Icardi making a name for themselves.

The squad is as follows:
GK Augusto BATALLA (River Plate),Gastón GOMEZ (Racing Club),Ezequiel UNSAIN (Newell´s Old Boys)

FB: Fabricio BUSTOS (Independiente),Nicolás TRIPICHIO (Vélez Sarsfield)

CB: Leandro VEGA (River Plate),Tiago CASASOLA (Boca Juniors),Rodrigo MOREIRA (Independiente),Roberto SANCHEZ (Vélez Sarsfield)

MF: Tomás MARTINEZ (River Plate),Pablo CARRERAS (River Plate),Matías SANCHEZ (River Plate),Luciano CABRAL (Argentinos Juniors)

Lucio COMPAGNUCCI (Vélez Sarsfield),Germán FERREYRA (Vélez Sarsfield),Joaquín IBANEZ (Lanús),Ignacio JAUREGUI (Gimnasia & Esgrima La Plata)

FW: Lucas CANO (Argentinos Juniors),Francisco DI FRANCO (Boca Juniors),Maximiliano ROLON (FC Barcelona),Agustín PASTORIZA (Real Betis),Rodrigo CONTRERAS (San Lorenzo)

Maxi Rolon has been allowed to play for Argentina despite Barca also playing and Tiago Casasola was a former target for Barcelona. Several players have played for the u17 previously and several like Tripichio have great potential. Agustin Pastoriza grew up in Spain and has already debuted for Betis aged 17 and is one of the potential stars of the future. His uncle is the famous Argentinian player Jose Pastoriza.

One silver lining of a potential presidential election at the AFA is that Humberto Grondona who will be coaching this team may be removed from this side of things.

There are still so many issues to tackle in Argentine football from the violence, corruption and lack of finance clubs get from transfers due to the parasites known as agents and shareholders. However we can expect the same old nonsense. What Argentina achieves is down to the talent it keeps producing on a shoestring compared to some billion pound programmes which are still very fortunate to scrape cups.

Egert

Estonian Culé
The question is will Messi still be captain when Tata comes? Maybe Masche will take the armband once again.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Do not know where to put this:

San Lorenzo has just won Copa Libertadores against Club Nacional from Paraguay.
This is their first title and with this win they are the last of the 5 big Argentinian clubs that have won the Copa. River Plate, Independiente, Boca and Racing Club had already won the prestigious trophy, with Independiente holding the record with 7 wins.

It would have also been the 1st win for Club Nacional. But they fell short after losing 1:0 today. The first game in Paraguay ended in a 1:1 draw.

AURELIUS

The question is will Messi still be captain when Tata comes? Maybe Masche will take the armband once again.

From Martino's initial pronouncements it looks like he will retain the same squad initially with Messi still as captain. I am sure as the season progresses he will bleed in some of the very talented crop of kids coming through before reverting to the same core of players for the Copa with one or two additions.

Home of Barca Fans