Argentina

F

Flavia

Barca is nothing to compare to Argentina. Different playstyles, different situations, different expectations. And it's not like the circumstances were by any means in favor of Tata last season.

Simeone won't take the job anytime soon. I'm sure of it.

You think he'd refuse, if asked? I don't think Tata has what the argies need, far from it. One of the worse choices they could make.

Chainsaw

Killahead
You think he'd refuse, if asked? I don't think Tata has what the argies need, far from it. One of the worse choices they could make.

Tata one of the worse choices? Only if you're basing it on his Barca's career. His style suit Argentina. Unlike you, I say one of the best choices they could make.

Cholo will not abandon his club career anytime soon. Unless if he's in some massive decline, which is definitely not the case now. Managing NTs is a job many young coaches are not interested to take, because it's almost like a part time job and many refuse it unless they don't have any better options.

zanela

Simeone def. sees himself coaching the seleccion, but he'll want to gain as much continental experience as possible before he assume the big seat. At this moment, he prefers the daily grind of club football, and being involved on a daily basis. I'd say he'll coach Inter first, before he becomes the NT manager.

Tata rumours have been floating around for a while. He may as well 've given his word to the AFA to take over, in an event Sabella resigns. But the latter hasn't made a final call yet.

King Leo

Banned
Simeone def. sees himself coaching the seleccion, but he'll want to gain as much continental experience as possible before he assume the big seat. At this moment, he prefers the daily grind of club football, and being involved on a daily basis. I'd say he'll coach Inter first, before he becomes the NT manager.

Tata rumours have been floating around for a while. He may as well 've given his word to the AFA to take over, in an event Sabella resigns. But the latter hasn't made a final call yet.

THat's right Sabella it seems hasn't made his mind. I thought he said before the final he was departing but maybe he was asked to stay? either way he's giving it some thought and priority will go to Sabella over Tata

F

Flavia

Tata one of the worse choices? Only if you're basing it on his Barca's career. His style suit Argentina. Unlike you, I say one of the best choices they could make.

He's too outdated to me. His tenure at Barça was when I saw him working week in-out, and he mostly disappointed in all aspects, specially tactics and motivationl. I hope you're right, though.

PaulFCB

Banned
What makes Tata any better than Sabella?
I think he nailed it for this team, the best result he could get was in Higuain and Palacio's misses.

Chainsaw

Killahead
So this is it. Sabella's era as the Argentina coach is over. Gerardo Martino, Jose Pekerman, Diego Simeone and Ángel Russo are among the top names for the hot seat. Even though you can already put Simeone out of this. He won't leave Atletico.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'll take Jose Pekerman from those names.

Sabella, on the other hand, is rumored to be taking over Gremio. :/

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's Scolari

Gremio FBPA @gremiooficial · 36m
Luiz Felipe Scolari é o novo técnico do Grêmio. Treinador retorna ao comando do Tricolor depois de 18 anos.

Bem-vindo, Felipão!

Home of Barca Fans