MF Javier Pastore
MF Enzo Pérez
MF Érik Lamela
MF Nicolás Gaitán
MF Roberto Pereyra

FW Lionel Messi
FW Sergio Agüero
FW Gonzalo Higuaín

Glad to see Pastore back! And um their defense looks solid as hell except Demichelis needs to be dropped. Still can't belive he played all the knockout games over guys like Fernandez, Otamendi, Musacchio.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Glad to see Pastore back! And um their defense looks solid as hell except Demichelis needs to be dropped. Still can't belive he played all the knockout games over guys like Fernandez, Otamendi, Musacchio.

Na apart from 1 or 2 blunders every few games or so he is a solid defender. Although I rate Otamendi and Mussachio higher not Fernandez though

zanela

Managers at any level like to rely on players they 've already worked with. Saw it with Sabella (Rojo, FF, E.Perez etc), now with Tata and his former NOB players (Guzmán and Vergini).

In Sabella's 3 year stint, the team lost mere 5 times, only 2 of which that really mattered. I don't know if Tata will better it. All I ask is for the team to play well, and win the decisive matches, and he can leave with no regrets. Still, Sabella had a harder task when he took over, and for his vision, perseverance and integrity, he will be loved by the Albiceleste family.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Managers at any level like to rely on players they 've already worked with. Saw it with Sabella (Rojo, FF, E.Perez etc), now with Tata and his former NOB players (Guzmán and Vergini).

In Sabella's 3 year stint, the team lost mere 5 times, only 2 of which that really mattered. I don't know if Tata will better it. All I ask is for the team to play well, and win the decisive matches, and he can leave with no regrets. Still, Sabella had a harder task when he took over, and for his vision, perseverance and integrity, he will be loved by the Albiceleste family.

What do you think about that squad?

And I see Icardi is not there. I thought he would be included this time. Seem to be in good form right now.

zanela

What do you think about that squad?

And I see Icardi is not there. I thought he would be included this time. Seem to be in good form right now.

I don't know why Tata's omitted Garay, who's featured for Zenit in recent games. Is it a case of bias? I hope not. The deadwoods are gone, pending Demi who despite a decent WC doesn't really inspire confidence and security in defense. Kun and Pipa have been given another chance but their places will be in threat if they don't deliver this time ard.
Even with my personal bias aside, I'm not too fussed with Wandardi's exclusion. A full injury-free season as a starter, whilst gaining EL experience, will do him good before being given a run in the side.
Dybala should be soon called-up before he gets stolen by the Azzurri. The next gen: Ocampos, Peruzzi, Mammana, Iturbe, L.Romero etc will get their chances, but now is not the time. However, I like to see Rulli and Kranevitter(masch's understudy) to be incorporated before next year's Copa. Unfortunately, both are injured atm. :(

Speaking of Copa, I like Tata's current MF composition. One of Orban/Ansaldi for LB, and Ulloa (target 9) should complete the squad. I like to see Garay-Vergini in the heart of defense. They bring size, physicality, aerial prowess, and are good on the ball. But I sense it will be Vergini-Mussachio which ain't too bad, but I still prefer Garay as one of them for his experience and leadership. The rest looks alright.

zanela

Domestic call-ups:

GK Agustín Marchesín

MF Fernando Gago,
MF Leonel Vangioni

Outs (due to injury): Mateo Musacchio and Lucas Biglia

Ins: (still not official):
DF Facundo Roncaglia
MF Ever banega

Still no sign of Garay. TataOUT.

Rahj

so their game against hong kong is not an official game since they won't play against the nt, right?

Egert

Estonian Culé
so their game against hong kong is not an official game since they won't play against the nt, right?

I think it will still count. Hong Kong are in FIFA Ranking, don't know if that counts anything tho. So HK should still be some kind of national team. Wikipedia :worthy:

zanela

For all the round-up on the SelecciónARG, refer here

I hear Martino trained the following in a 442..
Romero; Zaba, Fernandez, Demichelis, Rojo; Pereira, Masche, Pastore, Di Maria; Messi and Aguero.

Not liking the CD. :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans