Argentina

gr98

Only possible reason for starting Masche-Biglia, in my opinion, is if Sampaoli is expecting Iceland to park the bus.

Hektor

Only possible reason for starting Masche-Biglia, in my opinion, is if Sampaoli is expecting Iceland to park the bus.

Iceland is going to park the bus. Their formation is going to be 9-1-0 ;) They would be suicidal if they want to play Argentina one-on-one. For Iceland a 0-0 score is a major accomplishment.

I have no idea how Argentina will do with the rumored formation. It does not mean that Argentina will not win it all. IMHO, it only means that I have no idea. On the other hand, they have been working together for 4 years and almost one month of intensive training, something they have not done since Brazil-2014. In addition, they have not played a friendly since the Haiti game and we cannot draw any conclusions from that game. In other words, Argentina is an unknown - impossible to predict, at this time. We'll know, one way or the other, after the first three group games.

hardyboy

You can't win the world cup with players like Biglia, Rojo, Salvio and Meza in your starting XI.

Last edited:

gr98

If Iceland does park the bus, playing Masche-Biglia will help cover the spaces left behind when Salvio and Tagliafico push forward which I expect them to do throughout the majority of the game. Against Croatia and Nigeria, it would be suicide and I expect to see either a Lo Celso-Masche or Lo Celso-Biglia double pivot.

Hektor

Poor Messi

Do not feel sorry for Messi and the Argentine team. They are really pampered and their training facilities in Ezeiza, outside Buenos Aires, are excellent. The following Youtube video shows the facilities (the camera is shaking so much that it is very annoying.) What the video does not show are the dining rooms (the players when in training) not only sleep there but also eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They also have state of the art exercise machines (not shown,) large recreation rooms, swimming pools, and a radiology department with X-Ray, MRI machines, and a radiology staff to interpret the results. I do not think that the dormitories shown are the main ones. The Main NT has dormitories next to the woods. In that facility, more than one NT is training at the same time like the main team together with the U-15 or U-17, for example. Argentina commits a lot of resources for the National Teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugP...dtNEIpjIGcmVsbWZ1SPey_se5vIHCogE=&app=desktop

Last edited:

Hektor

No way should Pavon be ahead of Di Maria.

Di Maria is one of most frustrating players out there but is also one of few that can turn a game in a moment.

Has to play.

I do not agree. I'm tired with Di Maria. He is exceptional until the last pass that goes nowhere. In addition, Messi has called Pavon his new partner and has told the people in Barcelona to go and get him to play for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans