Argentina

JamDav1982

I do not agree. I'm tired with Di Maria. He is exceptional until the last pass that goes nowhere. In addition, Messi has called Pavon his new partner and has told the people in Barcelona to go and get him to play for Barca.

Messi has made some nice comments about Pavon but that is not him wanting Di Maria dropped.

Nor has Messi asked for Barca to sign him I doubt. All rumours putting two and two together.

Hektor

Messi has made some nice comments about Pavon but that is not him wanting Di Maria dropped.

Nor has Messi asked for Barca to sign him I doubt. All rumours putting two and two together.

You are right, he has not asked for Di Maria to be dropped. However, he has called Pavon his new partner. It is up to Sampaoli. My understanding is that we are waiting for Griezman to sign with Barça. If it does not happen, Plan B for Barça is Cristian Pavon from Boca. His selling price is $35 millions.

Hektor

JamDav1982

You are right, he has not asked for Di Mariato to be dropped. However, he has called Pavon his new partner. It is up to Sampaoli. My understanding is that we are waiting for Griezman to sign with Barça. If it does not happen, Plan B for Barça is Cristian Pavon from Boca. His selling price is $35 millions.

Hektor

Barcas plan B is not Pavon.

Joan

You might be right. However, what is Barça's Plan B if we do not sign Griezman? Do you know?

Hektor

We don't have a clue. Might look for a scorer. Might go for a midfielder.

Pavon will be no Griezmann replacement even if we sign him.

Hektor

We don't have a clue. Might look for a scorer. Might go for a midfielder.

Pavon will be no Griezmann replacement even if we sign him.

Well, I have a completely different take on him. Today, the new Argentine excellent young players are academy trained since they were 6 or so. They are all taught the similar dribbling techniques. Some are better than others, but they are like cookie cutter type of players. Every so often we get a player like Pavon that we called a "potrero" type of player. "Potrero" translate to pasture or neighborhood field, completely uninhibited and not afraid to show his skills. Again, he is not a cookie cutter type of player - unpredictable. Maradona, Sivori, Neymar are that type of player. I'm not saying that he is another Neymar or Maradona, but he is that type of player. IMHO, we have to be crazy not to go after him. I'm not saying that we should go after Lanzini, Meza, Lo Celso, etc. No, just Pavon and Messi wants him.

Hektor

Last edited:

Joan

Well, I have a completely different take on him. Today, the new Argentine excellent young players are academy trained since they were 6 or so. They are all taught the similar dribbling techniques. Some are better than others, but they are like cookie cutter type of players. Every so often we get a player like Pavon that we called a "potrero" type of player. "Potrero" translate to pasture or neighborhood field, completely uninhabited and not afraid to show his skills. Again, he is not a cookie cutter type of player - unpredictable. Maradona, Sivori, Neymar are that type of player. I'm not saying that he is another Neymar or Maradona, but he is that type of player. IMHO, we have to be crazy not to go after him. I'm not saying that we should go after, Lanzini, Meza, Lo Celso, etc. No, just Pavon and Messi wants him.

Hektor

To be honest, I haven't seen much of Pavon to know precisely how good or talented he is. Liked what I saw and think we might go for him, but in that case he'd be a luxury buy. Investment for the future. My point in short.

How far do you think he can go? This a bit of offtopic, Argentinian players probably my favorite from South America. Can't stand the Brazillians. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pavon is a winger like Di Maria. Good player, but I think we're selling him a bit too high right now. I would like him to start over Di Maria because ADM is one of the dumbest footballers I've seen and it's been years since he last changed a game for Argentina that was of any importance.

Joan

I know he's a winger, just don't know how good he might be. Anyways, not a priority right now.

Hektor

To be honest, I haven't seen much of Pavon to know precisely how good or talented he is. Liked what I saw and think we might go for him, but in that case he'd be a luxury buy. Investment for the future. My point in short.

How far do you think he can go? This a bit of offtopic, Argentinian players probably my favorite from South America. Can't stand the Brazillians. :lol:

He is only 22 and the sky is the limit specially in a team like Barça. If we do not get him, someone is going to get him after the WC.

Hektor

Home of Barca Fans