Arda Turan

JamDav1982

I personally think the reason Arda is hyped up like crazy in here is because we are starved of any big money purchases since Luis Suarez, not because people were drooling over him when he played for Atletico. As we can see, Atletico is doing fine without him, and Saul Niguez has been fantastic. He will be a useful addition to our squad but it would surprise me if he ever becomes a regular starter. I think Sergi Roberto is a better player than Arda Turan.

Irrelevant who is better between Arda or Roberto.

Atletico have not just taken Arda out the team and got better anyway and it us no reflection to how important he was for them regardless of how they do.

You think he will prove a poor signing then and be seen as a waste?

Trickykid

I personally think the reason Arda is hyped up like crazy in here is because we are starved of any big money purchases since Luis Suarez, not because people were drooling over him when he played for Atletico. As we can see, Atletico is doing fine without him, and Saul Niguez has been fantastic. He will be a useful addition to our squad but it would surprise me if he ever becomes a regular starter. I think Sergi Roberto is a better player than Arda Turan.

You're clutching at straws here. Go back and read the Arda thread before he was linked to us. He got plenty praise with some people even suggesting we should go for him, despite his age.

As much as I adore Sergi Robert, he's still hardly fit to polish Arda's boots...

Galning

I fail to comprehend how this is any argument at all.

Totally not adding anything to the discussion but this is the internet argument of 2015. So many times I see people writing that bullshit "doing fine without player X which shows he is...". Makes zero sense.

Jombi

I fail to comprehend how this is any argument at all. This is literally what Madrid fans say about Messi when pointing out that we did fine while he was injured. Perhaps we do so well without Messi that we should just sell him for the 200m+ that he can go for and use it to refresh the rest of the squad then. After all, he's clearly not that good if the team didn't crumble without him.

Edit: This guy just thinks Herrera, Roberto, and Parejo are all better than Turan. Why is anyone even bothering to reply at all?

I'll ignore the insults.

I'd say Herrera, Brahimi and Parejo are on par with Arda. Not better, but at that same level. I think Roberto is better than Arda. I think Roberto is a great player.

Arda was just simply part of a larger system in Atletico so that's why they dont really feel the loss that much. Koke, Godin and Griezmann are the big players in Atletico and has been for some time now. Arda was a cog in the wheel while Parejo is the leader for Valencia, their top scorer, their captain, their major creator, most of the attacks go through him, one of the major reasons they managed to reach CL last season and one of their few bright spots this season.

Regarding Messi, it's different. Arda Turan was a cog in the wheel in Atletico. He wasnt instrumental for Atletico. Messi has a completely different position in our team than Arda at Atletico. Every attack revolved around Messi. He takes up a huge amount of space in our team. Of course he is the best player of all time, but with him out, the defensive structure becomes more solid and Ney and Suarez get more space and freedom to excel.

JamDav1982

I'll ignore the insults.

I'd say Herrera, Brahimi and Parejo are on par with Arda. Not better, but at that same level. I think Roberto is better than Arda. I think Roberto is a great player.

Arda was just simply part of a larger system in Atletico so that's why they dont really feel the loss that much. Koke, Godin and Griezmann are the big players in Atletico and has been for some time now. Arda was a cog in the wheel while Parejo is the leader for Valencia, their top scorer, their captain, their major creator, most of the attacks go through him, one of the major reasons they managed to reach CL last season and one of their few bright spots this season.

Regarding Messi, it's different. Arda Turan was a cog in the wheel in Atletico. He wasnt instrumental for Atletico. Messi has a completely different position in our team than Arda at Atletico. Every attack revolved around Messi. He takes up a huge amount of space in our team. Of course he is the best player of all time, but with him out, the defensive structure becomes more solid and Ney and Suarez get more space and freedom to excel.

In reality Arda has been one of the leaders of Atletico and an absolute hero to the fans. In a team that won the league, Copa, Europa and got to CL Final.

Parejo has had two or three years of absolute terrible form as he was hounded by fans and admitted a problem with alcohol.

Now he is settled he is a better player but nothing special and is know his inconsistent play and NOT loved by Valencia fans many of whom were happy enough to see him go in summer if they could get a top class replacement.

Valencia being elevated to CL spot was not down to Parejo and he is not a leader. It was down to a lot of money spent on better players hence why Parejo elevated them to little before.

klc123

I'll ignore the insults.

Don't ignore the insults, they seem pretty on point from what I've read.
You either don't understand the game very well, or you're a shit troll.

Yes arda was part of a bigger picture in atletico. That was the teams set up. He still has all the quality that we need, just watch his international performances. He's a real leader in midfield, something which we lack IMO.

F

Flavia

CYD886UUQAA1ilL.jpg:large

Vilarrubi

Looked like he'd played for years with Barca tonight. I saw one misplaced pass.. and his defending and pressing is underrated!

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It took turan a half to figure out his position, his movement and role in the pitch, it took a couple months for rocketic last year.
High expectations for turan, he's a real gem.

serghei

Surprisingly well integrated. Good game overall. His technique is clearly there. And he was fighting for every ball, as expected.

Very happy that we have him.

Home of Barca Fans