Arda Turan

Jombi

Parejo did not play further forward than Andre Gomes last season snd was not an AM with freedom. He played CM and deeper than Gomes.

Nor was he rated all that highly by Valencia fans go check their forums.

Nor did I claim his stats were 'all penalties' I said they were inflated by him being on penalties, free kicks corners etc. He also had better stats than Iniesta/Modric or Koke and is not in their realm of class.

Parejo is an average midfielder who gives away the ball in stupid areas and tries a lot of wrong options. That can result in a few more goals/assists and a lot of shit play. He will never be anywhere close to playing for a top top club whereas Arda has been at one and been one of their best players the past few years.

Your opinion of Parejo seems based on stat websites rather than watching him play. He was not anywhere near Valencias best player last season, this or any other.

You are extremely adamant, so I checked again. I looked at votes from Valencia fans last season, and he was generally rated as the third best player last season, behind Alves their goalie and Otamendi, and ahead of Gaya, which squares firmly with my opinion as well. Parejo has for years been one of the best players in Valencia now. This season, with Alves and Otamendi gone, and Gaya being terrible, Parejo has been the bright spot and their best player together with Mustafi. This idea you have of him as a terrible passer and being easily dispossessed is just fantasy. He is one of the least likely players to be dispossessed and is their key man in attack. His successful passing rate is the best in their team, while at the same time creating more chances than any other midfielder for christ's sake. I really question how much you actually watch the team. Watch his game against Celta for example. He was bossing that team that demolished us earlier in the season. I am not saying he is a world class player, but he is a good player in the likes of Herrra or Turan. He is a big fish in a smaller pond, while Arda Turan was a cog in the wheel in Atletico.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are extremely adamant, so I checked again. I looked at votes from Valencia fans last season, and he was generally rated as the third best player last season, behind Alves their goalie and Otamendi, and ahead of Gaya. This season, with Alves and Otamendi gone, and Gaya being terrible, Parejo has been the bright spot and their best player together with Mustafi. This idea you have of him as a terrible passer and being easily dispossessed is just fantasy. He is one of the least likely players to be dispossessed and is their key man in attack. His successful passing rate is the best in their team for christ's sake. I really question how much you actually watch the team. Watch his game against Celta for example. He was bossing that team that demolished us earlier in the season. I am not saying he is a world class player, but he is a good player in the likes of Herrra or Turan. He is a big fish in a smaller pond, while Arda Turan was a cog in the wheel in Atletico.

Yip so not Valencias best player as you claimed.

He is not the 'key man in attack' at all he plays deeper than likes of Gomes.

Parejo is bang average unreliable player that will never ever find his way to a club like Barca.

Not in same level as Arda. Nor is Herrera.

Jombi

Yip so not Valencias best player as you claimed.

He is not the 'key man in attack' at all he plays deeper than likes of Gomes.

Parejo is bang average unreliable player that will never ever find his way to a club like Barca.

Not in same level as Arda. Nor is Herrera.

He is considered the best player out of all midfielders and attackers in Valencia by Valencia fans, which squares firmly with my opinion of him as well. You of course have a completely different view and that's fine. There is room for differing views, is it not?

kadeng

arda is not as good as people here say... but he can be useful for us like rakitic..

he is starting!!! god as a turk i am so excited right now :arda:

dakt

Man, these people today....just be positive about him and wish him the good luck. If he will fight for us like he did in ATM then I have no fear that he'll do good.
Good luck Arda.

JamDav1982

He is considered the best player out of all midfielders and attackers in Valencia by Valencia fans, which squares firmly with my opinion of him as well. You of course have a completely different view and that's fine. There is room for differing views, is it not?

You claimed he has been the best player at Valencia for years.

Go read the Valencia forums out see what they think of him - good player but ver unreliable and can give away the ball and a lot of stupid fouls.

The Valencia fans are not so fucking stupid they rate him above Gomes or what Paco can become regardless of last seasons vote.

The general feeling on him is that he had his best season last year but is nowhere near top class.

Jombi

I personally think the reason Arda is hyped up like crazy in here is because we are starved of any big money purchases since Luis Suarez, not because people were drooling over him when he played for Atletico. As we can see, Atletico is doing fine without him, and Saul Niguez has been fantastic. He will be a useful addition to our squad but it would surprise me if he ever becomes a regular starter. I think Sergi Roberto is a better player than Arda Turan.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I personally think the reason Arda is hyped up like crazy in here is because we are starved of any big money purchases since Luis Suarez, not because people were drooling over him when he played for Atletico. As we can see, Atletico is doing fine without him, and Saul Niguez has been fantastic. He will be a useful addition to our squad but it would surprise me if he ever becomes a regular starter. I think Sergi Roberto is a better player than Arda Turan.

well, prepare to be proven wrong then.

F

Flavia

Barça did fine without Messi too... Arda is a great player technically. If you were following atletico and wathcing him you'd know. His skills can be really useful to Barça. Not something that can be said for an average player like dani parejo. But you rate the weirdest players.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

You are taking this too far, man...

God Serena

I fail to comprehend how this is any argument at all. This is literally what Madrid fans say about Messi when pointing out that we did fine while he was injured. Perhaps we do so well without Messi that we should just sell him for the 200m+ that he can go for and use it to refresh the rest of the squad then. After all, he's clearly not that good if the team didn't crumble without him.

Edit: This guy just thinks Herrera, Roberto, and Parejo are all better than Turan. Why is anyone even bothering to reply at all?

Home of Barca Fans