Andres Iniesta

JohnN

EV also very subdued, submissive and zero charisma, but you seem to like him.
we can't know how Iniesta would be as a coach. either way, shouldn't be near barca until he has enough experience and proves himself.

Temptation

EV also very subdued, submissive and zero charisma, but you seem to like him.
we can't know how Iniesta would be as a coach. either way, shouldn't be near barca until he has enough experience and proves himself.

Disagree. Coaches like EV and ETH might lack the charisma in their public appearances but they have that aura of authority and leader of men vibe a coach needs. When they talk, you shut up and listen. When a global superstar like Messi likes you and a whiny asshole like Suarez respects you, clearly you have the personality for man management.

There are different types of managers. Like Harry Redknapp was a great character and had a likeable dad kinda energy. Coaches like Arteta, Parker and Alonso have that fresh, young tactician vibe going on. Klopp at Dortmund was like a mad scientist/crazy genius type personality.

All these things might sound cringeworthy but the point is all these people have that leader of men, authoritarian vibe which you definitely need as a manager.

Xavi had that. He had the basic personality needed but was awful with his tactics and self awareness I guess.

JohnN

Disagree. Coaches like EV and ETH might lack the charisma in their public appearances but they have that aura of authority and leader of men vibe a coach needs. When they talk, you shut up and listen. When a global superstar like Messi likes you and a whiny asshole like Suarez respects you, clearly you have the personality for man management.

There are different types of managers. Like Harry Redknapp was a great character and had a likeable dad kinda energy. Coaches like Arteta, Parker and Alonso have that fresh, young tactician vibe going on. Klopp at Dortmund was like a mad scientist/crazy genius type personality.

All these things might sound cringeworthy but the point is all these people have that leader of men, authoritarian vibe which you definitely need as a manager.

Xavi had that. He had the basic personality needed but was awful with his tactics and self awareness I guess.
Valverde was chucked by the likes of Pique...

he was too nice of a guy. iniesta is like that too but would comand more respect due to his status as a player like xavi.
the point is, even great players turn out shit managers somehow. not sure I would go near iniesta no matter his personality if he doesn't achieve something first.

soul24rage

2 of the best magicians in football history

GFqxy3HWIAAaGu8

Windhook

Because of his character I simply can't imagine Andres in a managerial role. Barca community will break his spirit in zero time. Members using the Iniesta+whatever name will have to commit suicide or ask Barcaman to change their nicknames. Xavi went from "one of the best CM in history" to "retard", "moron" and such in less than 3 years.

I see him more in player agent role, but that's just my opinion. He has a great family and Iniesta will find a way to provide for them, even if it's outside football.

Home of Barca Fans