Andres Iniesta

Kerrybai

The problem for Iniesta and his legacy vs Zidane is that Zidane was the star of France, while Iniesta is one of the many stars of his national side. He doesn't stand out above Xavi in the world cup/euro winning side like Zidane did with France. That said imo he is a level above the Frenchman.

raskolnikov

I like that he is so consistent with his big game performances. Iniesta is one of those players you would have to have seen play to rate him. You cant go by stats or a highlight reel to rate him fairly.
On paper a guy like Cesc has better output and seems to add more to the team, you watch Iniesta play often and it becomes clear he ghosts by him easily.
Influencing the pay/flow of a game without much direct output and bossing the big games.
Him and Zidane are similair in a lot of ways. I always liked Zizou even if he played for Madrid, I think he somehow gets underrated and overrated at the same time, its weird.
Iniesta and Xavi are definitely on that level or possiby higher though.

Neymessi

Iniesta will be remembered as a Legend .him and Xavi being the force behind Spain success (2 Euro & WC) and winning so much with Barca .that isn't easy for people to forget .probably both might be even considered as the greatest Spanish players ever

That said ,Zidane & Ronaldo was sort of the Messi&Cr7 in their eras but without the rivalry .Iniesta isn't gonna be considered the greatest of his generation as one could claim there are 2 players ahead of him .and that he wasn't even the best player in his club .
BS:I am talking about the public perspective .my opinion is different actually

I know that.My opinion is very different too but I think he will be counted a level below all time legends in the general opinion once he retires.

J

Jamie Cal

I know that.My opinion is very different too but I think he will be counted a level below all time legends in the general opinion once he retires.

Leave that to the ignorant. He's undoubtedly one of the greats.

The Xavi/Iniesta thing is true for the first Euro. But for the WC everyone remembers Iniesta's goal, they talk about it all the time(And the chelsea goal). He still gets cheered everywhere in spain but bilbao I think.

We go through this every couple months, iniesta is in chill mode so he doesnt go running through 5 players everygame and people are like "HES DONE", then a big game rolls around and he steps up as per usual and everyone starts praising him again. This has been going on since Tata.

Home of Barca Fans