Andres Iniesta

ShandyFFM

Jes master at his game. But still i dont get it how a player with his class can be this awful when it comes to shoting or scoring. If he would practise this more he could easily score 20 goals a season. But at the moment its a huge wast of talent with this. Like today he could have managed to decide the game by his own if only he could score as easy as most strikers does.

So at the end all his skill all his control is worth nothing like against bayern if he doesn provide goals or scores them himself.

J

jiopi

Like pretty much everyone else, not so good game, perfectly highlighting his biggest weakness, the finishing.

Alik

Jes master at his game. But still i dont get it how a player with his class can be this awful when it comes to shoting or scoring. If he would practise this more he could easily score 20 goals a season. But at the moment its a huge wast of talent with this. Like today he could have managed to decide the game by his own if only he could score as easy as most strikers does.

So at the end all his skill all his control is worth nothing like against bayern if he doesn provide goals or scores them himself.

Indeed. He can have incredible messi-like runs, but not convert them. Sometimes he does though, and those are his best golazos.

Leo10

Iniesta is like Messi without the clinical finishing.

Thats what separates the world class from the Messi class.

KhaledBarca

Iniesta is like Messi without the clinical finishing.

Thats what separates the world class from the Messi class.

THIS, Iniesta could have been the best of all-time if he was a good finisher (more complete).
Control, passing and dribbling easily one of the best of all-time.

Plus, Messi is better physically which allows him to be more effective dribbler, Iniesta falls down from the 1st contact.. Messi doesn't.

Stric

I know this might strange to most people, but if I had to bet on Messi and Iniesta to beat their marker, I'd put my money on Iniesta 8/10 times.

In all honesty, though, Messi usually has 5 guys marking him, but anyway... lately I've just become more confident in Iniesta's dribbling through defenders than Messi's.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I know this might strange to most people, but if I had to bet on Messi and Iniesta to beat their marker, I'd put my money on Iniesta 8/10 times.

In all honesty, though, Messi usually has 5 guys marking him, but anyway... lately I've just become more confident in Iniesta's dribbling through defenders than Messi's.

It's not strange at all. For me, it depends on the situation. If it's a penetrating kind of run, I would bet on Messi. If it's to get away from defenders and create space, I would bet on Iniesta.

J

jiopi

Yeah, betting companies rely on bets like that. :lol:

In league Messi - Iniesta

Dribbles 12-13 122 - 68
Dribbles 09-13 629 - 264

Success ratio 12-13 1,49 - 1,33
Success ratio 09-13 1,74 - 1,17

Not only Messi makes much more dribbles, he's also much better success ratio. And considering the fact that Messi has much less space, more markers, and more aggressive markers, that sounds pretty ludicrous.

J

jiopi

Oh yes, he can score from own half, run through parked bus, evade whole team at a time. But he can't create space with dribbling. :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Didn't say he can't, said he doesn't.

Edit: Anyway, this discussion gives me a very good excuse to post this great video:

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Yeah I was talking about beating a man. Btw, is that some new term for dribbling into corner to no end, and making a back pass? Then Sanchez and Pedro make also a lot of space for others with their dribbling.

footyfan

Calma, calma
There are ways for beating a man without it counting as a dribble. Just remember, not everyone will share your definition of a dribble.

Home of Barca Fans