Andre Onana

Vilarrubi

Why the fuck are we paying even 5m+ for a keeper for Copa Del Rey. Never made sense to me with Cillesen or Neto.

JamDav1982

Why the fuck are we paying even 5m+ for a keeper for Copa Del Rey. Never made sense to me with Cillesen or Neto.

Barca have been making money on their GKs.

MATS value has probably gone up 10x, Bravo even at older age was sold at profit, Cillesen was sold at profit.

If anything the GKs are the one position they have been getting spot on for most part and it is risky not to have a quality back up look at Liverpool in two of last three seasons or Barca when had Pinto.

Too big a risk on fucking up season not to have a proven standard back up.

LABarcaFan

SPORT:

The belief is that Barcelona's ideal candidate for goalkeeper is their former Cameroonian youth prospect Andre Onana. Now, it is reported that he'll return to Barca once the transfer window finally opens. Onana spent 5 years as a Barcelona youth player before moving to Ajax in 2015.

khaled_a_d

He is just 24, entering his prime as GK.
This doesn't make sense unless we have decided to cach on MATS.
Or using it as negotiating tactic with MATS?

LABarcaFan

He is just 24, entering his prime as GK.
This doesn't make sense unless we have decided to cach on MATS.
Or using it as negotiating tactic with MATS?

Why do you think it does not make sense?. He will be coming back to provide some competition to MATS. We need more reliable goalie for that, right?

Andresito

Staff member
I wouldn't have any problems trusting I?aki Pe?a as the reserve GK. But then again, I don't think we'd get much for Neto, 15M maybe?

MTL_Barca

Why do you think it does not make sense?. He will be coming back to provide some competition to MATS. We need more reliable goalie for that, right?

A player like Onana probably won't join as #2 and wasting 40M on a goalkeeper would be absolutely crazy in the current situation, so if anything he'd have to be cheap and not cost much more than what the club could get for Neto.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

A player like Onana probably won't join as #2 and wasting 40M on a goalkeeper would be absolutely crazy in the current situation, so if anything he'd have to be cheap and not cost much more than what the club could get for Neto.

I have just checked Transfermarkt. I didn't know his price tag is 40 mil. I agree that we don't need a back-up keeper who will cost us that much.

Home of Barca Fans