Andre Onana

Horatio

You're welcome
Disciplinary committee has already established it was a genuine mistake on Onana's part. That's why his sentence got reduced from 4 to 1 year. Sad, but what can ya do.

khaled_a_d

Yep and his explanation is pretty shady. Lasix (The implicated drug) is often used to try & cheat drug testing

Yes, there is no way he won't get punished fir it.
It is one of few drugs you can't deal with it in goid faith, as it would open a pandora box.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could be a market opportunity if the club want to bring some competition in. Problem being that he won't be available until mid-season when his suspension ends, but with his contract running out soon, his suspension and the fact that he got a connection to the club and all that he might be inexpensive.

Catta

Could be a market opportunity if the club want to bring some competition in. Problem being that he won't be available until mid-season when his suspension ends, but with his contract running out soon, his suspension and the fact that he got a connection to the club and all that he might be inexpensive.

There were reports that he could be available for 7 mil. Arsenal is interested.

He also appealed against the ban, in June they will decide if it will be reduced. If it goes through, he could start playing in August or September again.

snowy

Great bargain! Pounce on it

and he's only 25

Ona wow.jpg

check dat: these are for 2020-21 [1800 min - 20 matches] 80% saves

https://fbref.com/en/stathead/compare_players.cgi?lang=en&lang=en&sum=0&comp_type=by_type&dom_lg=1&player_id1=e9c0c1b2&p1yrfrom=2020-2021&player_id2=33887998&p2yrfrom=2020-2021&player_id3=6f51e382&p3yrfrom=2020-2021&player_id4=7a2e46a8&p4yrfrom=2020-2021&player_id5=7ba6d84e&p5yrfrom=2020-2021&player_id6=8778c910&p6yrfrom=2020-2021

y b y saves % since 2014/15: 64.1%, 56.4%, 75%, 78.4%, 76.9%, ? stats not posted for 18-19 but shows 45.5% clean sheet, 2019-20 --> 72.5 and 80% for his most recent 20 matches

https://fbref.com/en/players/e9c0c1b2/Andre-Onana

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There were reports that he could be available for 7 mil. Arsenal is interested.

He also appealed against the ban, in June they will decide if it will be reduced. If it goes through, he could start playing in August or September again.

In that case I don't think it's a bad idea to go for it if he's willing to join us and if we have the funds for it. I suppose you could always try to get one of Arnau Tenas or Inaki Pena more chances, but I don't think two rookies will do much here. If anything they should be loaned out so they can get to play regularly and develop further so we can make a proper evaluation in 2-3 years.

ter Stegen seem unable to perform well consistently unless he has someone pushing him.

Porque

We have always been rumoured for the return of Onana and he himself wanted to come back believe. This is a good move. He might be what is needed to push Stegen to the limit. Undoubtedly his reflexes are a level above Stegen.

Bobo32

Skimming through this thread doesn't convince me.
I obviously didn't follow him so what do I know, but:
  • bad with his feet
  • bad concentration
  • bad on crosses
  • volatile and having brainfarts
  • probably not content with being 2nd
  • suspended for doping (call me bleedy but it is not a positive for me, especially for a keeper)
  • will not have played for a year because of above
Then there are some who want an "athletic keeper"...
Well well, we'll see.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
NOS reporting that Onana is headed to Arsenal. Apparently if his punishment gets reduced by CAS Arsenal wil pay 6-9 Mil and if It isn't they will pay 2Mil. Not sure why we are not after him , worth the risk for that price imo.

soul24rage

NOS reporting that Onana is headed to Arsenal. Apparently if his punishment gets reduced by CAS Arsenal wil pay 6-9 Mil and if It isn't they will pay 2Mil. Not sure why we are not after him , worth the risk for that price imo.

It is strange, I would go for him over Donnaruma

gregorrin10

I think we are going for him in the summer. La Masia and all. I hope he is good.

Might be too late as Inter are seemingly very close to getting him on a pre-contract. Although Onana himself did deny that any kind of deal was done. Think he might be waiting for some other offers, and him being La Masia I imagine Barca would be at the top of his list to make him reject Inter. Hopefully we go to Onana in the next few weeks and guarantee him a starting spot, if he chooses us. Would be such a breath of fresh air. And considering we have to improve so much in other areas first, we'll need as many great free signings as possible to save money for attack and defense. But we do need to move on the GK front too, so getting Onana would be a win-win in my book.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans