Alexis Mac Allister

serghei

I know people like to say EPL is superstrong, but there is still a clear drop of quality from top 6 vs rest of the league. There is also some serious drop in quality from top 3 vs 4-6th teams also.

It is a strong league no doubt, but the tiers of quality are very much still noticeable.

KingLeo10

I know people like to say EPL is superstrong, but there is still a clear drop of quality from top 6 vs rest of the league. There is also some serious drop in quality from top 3 vs 4-6th teams also.

It is a strong league no doubt, but the tiers of quality are very much still noticeable.
EPL is superstrong but the washed up, fifth rate LL (according to some posters here :lol:) is the one with 3 teams in CL QFs :lol:

stb_1

Oh absolutely.. but it's only because a few teams are badly underperforming.

Chelsea + Man United should be performing on par with someone like Bayern or Inter strength wise, the amount they have invested. The League really should be the super league but it isn't yet because of underperformance.

I think next year the league will be its strongest yet. Klopp will be a big loss, but you imagine Chelsea, United, Spurs, Newcastle will be better and the 3 promoted teams will be strong.

soul24rage

Argentina v France incoming for WC 2026.

Argentina's midfield is the best in the world.
Enzo, MacAllister, RDP, Paredes, Lo Celso, Palacios, Varela.

The starting midfield and the midfield depth is unmatched national wise.

Also, have the likes of Perrone, Ezequiel Fernandez and Barrenechea behind as well.

stb_1

Nobody gives a f*** about injuries.

LIverpool is not on City's level, they will not win PL.

Liverpool have..

Alison (best GK in league)
Van Dijk (Best CB in league)
Mac Allister (top 5 MF in league)
Salah (best Winger in league)

That is why they are where they are.

serghei

If Pep leaves also... the drop in the top EPL sides is gonna be pretty big.

With Mbappe signing for Madrid, all that's left is for Barcelona to resume normal spending and La Liga will have another dominating cycle. What is dragging La Liga down is Barcelona's financial issues.

EPL sides had huge advantages over competition in Europe and despite all this they did very little.

stb_1

If Pep leaves also... the drop in the top EPL sides is gonna be pretty big.

With Mbappe signing for Madrid, all that's left is for Barcelona to resume normal spending and La Liga will have another dominating cycle. What is dragging La Liga down is Barcelona's financial issues.

EPL sides had huge advantages over competition in Europe and despite all this they did very little.
EPL never had any advantages of RM and Barca who have won it mostly. Or Bayern.

If Pep leaves then Arteta will win a couple titles for Arsenal I think...

serghei

EPL never had any advantages of RM and Barca who have won it mostly. Or Bayern.

If Pep leaves then Arteta will win a couple titles for Arsenal I think...

Good. But let's see Arsenal in the Champions League. Premier League doesn't contain the biggest clubs in the world. Actually, 5-6 of the top 8 European clubs are not in EPL.

stb_1

Good. But let's see Arsenal in the Champions League. Premier League doesn't contain the biggest clubs in the world. Actually, 5-6 of the top 8 European clubs are not in EPL.
Name them.

Biggest 8 clubs in the world.

RM, Barcelona, Bayern, Man U, Liverpool, Juventus, AC Milan

Who gets 8?

serghei

Name them.

Biggest 8 clubs in the world.

RM, Barcelona, Bayern, Man U, Liverpool, Juventus, AC Milan

Who gets 8?

Inter? One of the biggest clubs in the world. Far above likes of Tottenham.

If you're talking history, then likes of Benfica, Ajax, Porto get ahead of most EPL sides also.

EPL sides aren't all that impressive at an European level. But they do have lots of money currently.

serghei

If you disregard historical factor a bit, then obviously likes of City and PSG get into top 10 clubs based on being constantly among the best teams in the last 10 years or so.

But then if you disregard history completely, United go out of top 10. They have been an absolute mess in CL in the last decade.

Temptation

On current form, he's probably one of the best midfielders on the planet. Deserved another goal today. That free kick was delicious. Unlucky.

Home of Barca Fans