Adrien Rabiot

MTL_Barca

easily. still questioning the football knowledge of the board why they think Thiago is so great and Bayern does not want him anymore.

He isn't even anywhere near Thiago when it comes to passing and technical skills.

Also Thiagos mom wouldn't tell us where we have to play him :lol:

Joan

He's not coming this summer, don't think. Should just focus our energy on someone else.

But I certainly like him.

Sorin

Can't believe I'm saying this but I would have rather kept Paulinho. I know I'm irrational as 50m were too good to turn down, and we freed up a non-eu spot for Arthur, but I seriously don't rate Rabiot. Maybe I'm wrong as even the most qualified talent evaluators make mistakes, much less an armchair pundit like me, but right now I'm dreading the thought of having another barely above average midfielder.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Why do we try and sign players from this shite team? They're run by a stubborn prick, who'd never sell to us. So forget it.

Messi983

I'll end up in tears when they'll counter us by paying Gomes's clause. :(

At least it seems we're using the right approach this time so PSG shouldn't complain about that (not that I care about them :lol:). They can and most likely will reject us though and I won't cry if this happens because I don't want us to sign Rabiot at all costs (but wouldn't mind getting him either if we can for a solid price). I do think we need his type of midfielder - stronger workhorse who is also quite mobile and good tehnically for his size more than another smaller technical midfielder. We addressed that need with Coutinho, Arthur and Alena (though he's a bit taller). Rabiot and SMS seems to be our candidates and if we can get first one for around 50M while rumoured asking price for second is 150M (and even if it will be "only" 100M in the end) I don't think it should be too much dilema who between them we should get IF we can. They are the same age but Rabiot has more experience in a top 5 league and especially CL where SMS didn't play yet so far.

I understand people who prefer to bring another technical midfielder instead of a workhorse but I think it's better to have different type of midfielders than have 3 or 4 players of similar type. And for those who think EV will prefer to use Rabiot ahead of fan favourites like Arthur and Alena. Yes, he might, but Arthur and Alena will be given minutes as well and it's up to them to use them the best they can. If they will then they'll get EV's confidence. If they won't play good then it's their own fault EV will prefer other players who will do their job better. I don't think he "hates" young players as much as people are saying. He has developed a lot of youngsters like Inaki Williams, Laporte and Yeray during his time in Bilbao and I'm sure if given time he'll do the same here.

BBZ8800

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-have-agreed-terms-with-psgs-adrien-rabiot-6936653

Barcelona have accepted the contract terms asked for by Adrien Rabiot. According to SPORT's sources, the player asked for €600,000 per month and the club have agreed to match that. Eric Abidal and Pep Segura's trip to Paris was to establish a plan with Rabiot's agent, and mother, in order for the deal to reach a positive conclusion. It was also a trip to inform Paris Saint-Germain of their intentions to sign the player.

The arrival of Abidal to the sporting department was to take advantage of the French market as the club searched for a top quality central midfielder. This has led them to Rabiot, not in Russia with the French national team, who is entering the last year of his contract and wants to join another team.

Abidal spoke to the player's mother first to sound out a deal and on Tuesday Pep Segura travelled to Paris in order to finalise the details. As a result of this meeting, Barcelona reached an agreement with Rabiot. He wanted a five-year contract which would see him earn more than €7m per season and, in football terms, wants to be used as a 'number eight'. The current setup at PSG means Rabiot is primarily used as a 'six' but the player believes his talents would be better utilised further up the pitch.

After agreeing terms with the player, Barcelona then spoke with PSG. The French champions want Rabiot to sign a new deal at the club but won't bow to his economic or sporting demands. Furthermore they are tired of his mother's interference. The club, according to SPORT's sources, classify Rabiot as "very complicated" and, for the first time, admit that he could leave the club. PSG are against selling any of their starters, and least of all to Barcelona, but find themselves in an unfamiliar position.

PSG's president, Nasser Al-Khelaifi is at a disadvantage because Rabiot could leave the club on a free transfer at the end of next season and as such they must consider selling him this summer. Now it's down to the negotiations between Barça and PSG. The talks are likely to be tense following the failed attempts to sign Thiago Silva, Verratti and Marquinhos.

Barcelona are still yet to make an official offer to PSG and that's their next move. Up to what point and price they are willing to pay is another matter to resolve. PSG understand there's a high possibility that Rabiot will leave the club this summer but it would need to be for a significant amount or they'd just let this contract run down.

Sorin

Watch the propaganda toilet paper that Sport and MD are, trying to transform this signing into some kind of revenge for Neymar and us one upping PSG this summer. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans