Adrien Rabiot

Laplacian

Thiago.... :(

Anyways what position is he going to play? He sees himself as no. 8/attacking midfielder but that's Coutinho's role, can he play as #6 or is he going to be a bench option?

Last edited:

Joan

I was probably pushing hardest for him before. Feels like DonAK influenced me on this matter. Regarding the article, I wouldn't give in to his requests. Seems wrong.

If those are not true however, yes, go for him.

George_Costanza

Thiago/Paulinho/Rakitic/Iniesta/Rabiot offensive and defensive stats:

Tackles per match:
Thiago 2,4
Rabiot 1,7
Rakitic 1,5
Paulinho 1,2
Iniesta 1,0

Interceptions:
Rakitic 1,4
Thiago 1,3
Rabiot 1,1
Iniesta 0,5
Paulinho 0,2

Clearances:
Rabiot 0,8
Rakitic 0,4
Paulinho 0,4
Thiago 0,3
Iniesta 0,3

Blocks:
Rabiot 0,3
Rakitic 0,2
Paulinho 0,1
Thiago 0,1
Iniesta 0,1

Attacking:
Key passes per match:
Thiago 1,3
Rakitic 0,9
Iniesta 0,8
Rabiot 0,7
Paulinho 0,4

Dribbles:
Iniesta 2,0
Thiago 1,5
Rabiot 1,2
Rakitic 0,8
Paulinho 0,7

According to stats, a young kid Rabiot aged 23 (only 1 year older than Arthur, 2 years older than Dembele) is better in every single stat than Paulinho.
He is better than Iniesta in every single defensive stat.
And overally he has better defensive stats than Rakitic also.

So, in defense, he is better than Paulinho/Rakitic/Iniesta.
And in attack, he is better than Paulinho and has similar stats to Rakitic.

Considering that he is young (what we hear for every young player) and that he will improve a lot, his stats for now look quite promising.
He could be a new version of Rakitic. Or, as we hear on this forum: if he'll develop well, he may end as even better...

You forgot personality and attitude meter:
Iniesta 10
Rakitic 8.0
Thiago 7.5
Paulinho 8.5
Rabiot 1.7

Devils

Bartomeu has adopted a NO RETURN policy.

If you leave Barca you are done.

Unfortunately for Thiago, Bayern is falling apart and all he can do is sit and watch while :bartomeu: builds the next great Barca midfield with Coutinho, Busi, Arthur, Rabiot, Alena and De Jong (next year).

:bartomeu:

Icarium

Lifestealer
In a way I am happy Arthur has clearer path to the starting spot. Otherwise we will have another Thiago situation. Nice parallel there haha. But will rabiot be good enough until Arthur becomes a starter. I guess we will have to wait and see. Kind of hoped we sell Gomes too and sign another midfielder.

Laplacian

I don't get this, Arthur and Rabiot are in the same age group (22 and 23). It would seem weird to sign Rabiot to make it easier for Arthur to transition into the team. if Rabiot was like 27 (like Thiago is) it'd make more sense. Plus I don't think Rabiot plays in the same position as Arthur, no? He'd most likely be behind Coutinho...

Neeraj

I don't know why people hate him on here. I mean, for footballing reasons. His attitude and mother, yeah that might be a problem.

I only watch Qatar during CL, but I think he isn't bad for them. He's fairly mobile and brings a bit of mobility. Basically, what Gomes should have been. Even against us, he was pretty good.

Having said that, this should by no means be an expensive marquee signing. Considering the circumstances, this has to be a steal - we have all the chips in our favor. Either get him for a steal or Qatar can gtfo and let him leave for free next year.

I don't think he's a world beater, but I think we need players like him in the squad. He isn't the absolute WC level player we want, but to be honest, we first need to upgrade the base squad to a decent level and then sprinkle Coutinhos and Dembele's into the mix.
I think Rabiot can be a decent piece to the puzzle. However, I absolute hate that we are dealing with Qatar, so either get a steal or let it be.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It all depends on where Coutinho plays. If he plays on wing I still think we need Thiago or someone. If not then Rabiot will be enough. If Coutinho does play on midfield our attack look weak especially considering Suarez form.

Mrgandalf

Curious member
It all depends on where Coutinho plays. If he plays on wing I still think we need Thiago or someone. If not then Rabiot will be enough. If Coutinho does play on midfield our attack look weak especially considering Suarez form.

I think that Valverde will use Coutinho at LW or LAM. he had already been interviewed about this. does not see him as a CM.

Home of Barca Fans