Adriano Correia Claro

Zangash

Banned
Letting anyone leave when we cant replace them is madness.

If we have an injury crisis in the first half of the season, people here would curse our management for being stupid and letting first teamers leave. And dont believe for a second that we are immune to an injury crisis.

?

We can easily replace Adriano just with our current squad. Vermaelen, Mathieu, and Grimaldo can all operate as LB when they would otherwise be sitting on the bench or toiling away on the B team.

And this is considering a backup to Alba is already very rarely even a necessity, as Alba doesn't get tired or something.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I donno why people still overlook Lord Douglas. He has played far more minutes than the 'World Class' Verminator last season and still people rate the latter higher than him. With Adriano leaving the Lord is ready to step in and show his worth to all.

Jombi

?

We can easily replace Adriano just with our current squad. Vermaelen, Mathieu, and Grimaldo can all operate as LB when they would otherwise be sitting on the bench or toiling away on the B team.

And this is considering a backup to Alba is already very rarely even a necessity, as Alba doesn't get tired or something.

Adriano can play on both full-backs and as a winger. Grimaldo would get wrecked against any decent forward. The only backup we have for 32 year old Alves is Douglas. Alba has had several lengthy injury periods before. Just saying.

Zangash

Banned
Adriano can play on both full-backs and as a winger. Grimaldo would get wrecked against any decent forward. The only backup we have for 32 year old Alves is Douglas. Alba has had several lengthy injury periods before. Just saying.

When is the last time Adriano played as a winger?

Adriano gets wrecked by every decent forward he comes across already, so nothing would really change if we play someone else who would also get wrecked.

I'd feel more comfortable with Mathieu playing Lb than I would with Adriano.

anguy

Yeah, Adriano declined significantly in last 1.5 years. There was a time when I rated him even higher than Alba, but now wen he lost a lot of his speed he's becoming a liability. When people are saying he's good in defense and good backup for any positions, I believe they are talking about Adriano from Villanova team, not todays Adriano. If Roman offers 8 mil, I'd gladly let him go. Grimaldo is poor defender too, but at least he's faster and could contribute to the offense more.

xXKonan

I'm not totally surprised by his Performance today, he has been Dreadful for a while now. The Valencia match at the Camp nou was one of the worsts performances I've ever seen from him, he just kept Fouling and Fouling and making terrible Challenges. it's time for him to go and Promote Grimaldo.

Zangash

Banned
I think Rodney pushed him on that goal.

He had given him a light push but nothing a defender shouldn't be able to handle or expect during a corner kick where literally everyone is pushing and fighting for position. He didn't even look ready to fight for the ball when Rooney touched him anyways, which is probably why the push seemed to affect him so much- because he likely wasn't going to get there in the first place.

Jombi

When is the last time Adriano played as a winger?

Adriano gets wrecked by every decent forward he comes across already, so nothing would really change if we play someone else who would also get wrecked.

I'd feel more comfortable with Mathieu playing Lb than I would with Adriano.

Yeah right. That's like saying a barcaforumer can play as RB instead of Adriano because both would get wrecked.

xavi_the_Boss

He hasn´t played that much last season but he didn´t look good.
If Roma want to pay 5-8M for him then we should just take it and promote Grimaldo.
It´s good money for a player like him.

Home of Barca Fans