Adriano Correia Claro

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think a player like him would have gone for 25m two years ago, but with the money in the EPL this summer and the wealth of Wolfsburg, we have to be prepared for far higher prices.

Maybe, but fullbacks are not really that expensive. Danilo just cost €31M, Rodriguez is not as hyped as him. I'd strongly consider him for €25m or thereabouts. He has the defensive fundamentals to even play at CB in a pinch.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Maybe, but fullbacks are not really that expensive. Danilo just cost €31M, Rodriguez is not as hyped as him. I'd strongly consider him for €25m or thereabouts. He has the defensive fundamentals to even play at CB in a pinch.

He has a rumored 25M euro buyout for 2016.

Jombi

Didnt Danilo had a contract that was about to expire in a year or so?

Jombi

Look at the guys we have signed that had a year left on their contracts. Alba for 14m, Rakitic for 25m (incl. Suarez loan with us paying his wages), and Ter Stegen for 12m. All sound investments.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Players cost much less when their contracts are about to run out. 50% reduction in price is a good rule of thumb.

That's not always the case. If a player is in high demand, you're no longer competing against the expiring contract, but competing against other bidders.

Jombi

That's not always the case. If a player is in high demand, you're no longer competing against the expiring contract, but competing against other bidders.

Do you know any examples of that? A player with an expiring contract can accept the best wage terms he can get and reject any other offers and the selling club is forced to sell if they want any money for him at all.

Home of Barca Fans