9 - Samuel Eto'o

S

Snyde

His terrible finishing this half of the season compounded with his ticking timebomb attitude it's really in our best interests to sell him.

Think about it this way as well, come Perez to Madrid surely Eto'o wouldn't go but if we don't get Villa he probably will. Sellig Eto'o and getting Villa is a no-brainer for me.

maz

I walk the line
:lol: try again
You dont lose that finishing. I would be interested in if you found me a top class striker (the best in the world at one point) who lost his finishing touch completely. And never got it back for the rest of his career.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I was laughing at the "except his finishing" part. The man lost his pace, ball control, and positioning sense above all.

maz

I walk the line
How can he lose his positioning when he is in so many chances to score this season? Thats the one thing he hasnt lost at all. And he never had awesome ball control. He hasnt lost much of his pace..he is just played further forward by pep as opposed to making his deep-lying runs that he used to make. But pace is definitely the biggest of the other things which he has declined on.

aRegularAce

A striker with a crap first touch and finishing ability... well what can I say.. imo those 2 skills are one of the most important skills a striker should possess.

alexjanosik

The Game
Had 3 clear cut chances and a couple of half chances.Should have scored a hattrick.
I would very much like to know how many chances he has had this season.His conversion rate is just not good enough.
I am sorry but the writing is on the wall.Eto'o has to go.
Bring in Villa.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well said. The workrate villa puts in is nothing like what eto'o puts in. You described it perfectly when u said eto'o pulls defenders all ove the place. He really stretches the opposition defence. I understand he is our main striker but you dont get as many chances as he had last night (and practically every game) if you have completely lost it. Strikers that are really shot are ones that are invisible in games. Touch the ball twice and thats it. I think there is a ~40% possibility that if we keep him he will refind his form. Everything in his game is still there except his finishing. And you dont just lose that finishing. Having said that is 40% the kind of probability you gamble on? I wouldnt put the copa, league title, and champions title on the line for a 40% probability of success. You need someone that will score goals. Villa is that man.

A agree with you on that maz, that's why I'm also sceptical of Eto'o leaving us. He does everything else so good, besides the finishing (at least the last 10 games or so). He will find his form again if he stays, I'm sure of that.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Forlan and Villa well better finishers than Eto'o and it has been proven because we create twice as many chances as Atleti and Valencia do.

IraqiCulé

Where did this guy go?

[youtube]6NrXlDdjXfU[/youtube]

To think Eto'o missed out on a 6-2 free-goal-giveaway is unbelievable considering how much he loves scoring against the scum.

V

VaVaVoom

Didn't think you guys felt so strongly about replacing Eto'o untill I was talking to the two guys in the Ibra thread.

I thought he'd be "God" here with all the goals he has, isn't he only one away from his La Liga record?

Anyway I only see the highlights of Barca games on Revista De La Liga so I can't judge aswell as you. Ye say he should've more goals with the service he gets. I'd swap Tevez for him........ how old is he again?

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Turned 29 a couple of weeks ago if i'm not mistaken? Good young stikers are pretty hard to come by nowadays ... Torres, Llorente , Benzema too but he isn't good enough yet, he was exposed when he played us, couldn't beat the offside trap once. I'd happily take Tevez, but the idea of someone like Ruud, one-chance-one-goal type players would be unbelievable in this current team. And as for his Liga record, yeah he's close but when he set the record he was playing in a worse team and was imo the best striker in the world. His goal against Panathaikos was my favourite Barca goal ever :cool:

Last edited:

BlaugranaGirl

Didn't think you guys felt so strongly about replacing Eto'o untill I was talking to the two guys in the Ibra thread.

I thought he'd be "God" here with all the goals he has, isn't he only one away from his La Liga record?

Anyway I only see the highlights of Barca games on Revista De La Liga so I can't judge aswell as you. Ye say he should've more goals with the service he gets. I'd swap Tevez for him........ how old is he again?
I guess Eto'o's goal tally this season proves that stats can be deceptive. He's scored a lot, yes, but I think any decent striker could've scored as many, playing in this Barca team this season.

He takes far too many touches, he wastes chance after chance and he's been MIA in most of the big games this season.

I can't actually remember the last game I thought he played well in.

Home of Barca Fans