9 - Samuel Eto'o

R10(FCB)

Crazy
A 5 goal difference. I don't even need to mention the support both players had, as well as Serie A's defence compared to La Liga's.

this really bother me...if you watch Barca you can easy notice that every club in primera playing "italian style of football" against us, 10 players in defense.

Imo Eto'o is type of striker that Barca need, striker who is fast, have great movemant and who knows what is his job -- to score goals...imo Barca dont need striker who is playmaker, we have Xavi, Iniesta and Messi for that but we signed Ibra, and that is the end of the story, will see is this was mistake or not.

I wish Eto'o all the best in Seria A, he was great in Barca, he scored much goals and some of those was very important goals and i'm very greatful to him for everything.

Thank you Samy.

:worthy::etoo:

zanela

Did u guys watch Eto'o make his debut for Inter agst Monaco?
I did :D
Eto'o & Milito came on in the 2nd half. It was a very boring, dull & slow match which almost put me to sleep.
Milito scored to win the game for Inter in 55th min i think. Inter's midfield was non-existent and shite tbh. Eto'o wasn't getting proper supply frm the midfield but whenever he had the ball he passed well and kept possession which cant be said abt the other Inter players :D.
Anyway, he was ok for his first game and got subbed off in the 87th min.

Rivaldo

Damn, I forgot about that match. But it sounds like Inter really need to sort out their midfield. If I were them I would buy both Cassanno and Deco. They've got the cash.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Mourinho paying the price for bad signings. Muntari, Quaresma and Mancini are just awful he shouldn't have signed them.

Beast

The Observer
To quote Iker in the interview today" I'm so happy that Eto'o went to Inter Milan , he was a nightmare to face "
u can't get more compliment than that from the world best keeper

B

beautifulgame

Fabregas would be a perfect buy for either Milan team. If Inter can pick up Cassano and let him roam around behind the attackers they should be set with one more midfielder and maybe two defenders.

VivaBarca

To quote Iker in the interview today" I'm so happy that Eto'o went to Inter Milan , he was a nightmare to face "
u can't get more compliment than that from the world best keeper
Casillas definately knows :D. Nice tribute acknowledging Eto'o greatness.

B

blaqbarcafan

SAMU isnt for youtube and highlight mixes. he just scores goals and win games....every great team has a guy like that, someone who just gets it done...his toughness will be missed

sMiLeYz

I think it's shameful how Eto'o was treated, last season he was shopped around like a cheap hooker as well when no one wanted him, and pep was forced to play him, bam he scores tons of goals for Barca.

I doubt Zlaten can match Eto'o this year.

J

joby

Why do I have the impression Eto'o at Mallorca was deadlier than Eto'o at Barca. At Barca Eto'o was surrounded with great players and he did not have to do too much but at Mallorca that dude was a beast. He had this run against Madrid from the center of the park to Iker's net. Maybe at Inter he will revert back to his Mallorca days.
You will be missed Samu.
Welcome to Ibra.

maz

I walk the line
Here is an email i wrote to snyde. Thought i would share it with you. I am very sad to see him go and i couldnt force myself to write about him. However i was speaking to snyde and this just came out:

Its also a shame that you feel nothing towards samu. But i guess i cant blame you. A lot has happened over the past few months for culés to fall out of love with him. However i only ever saw it as business. What i love about samuel, and the reason why he was my favourite player at the club, is because he is so unforgivably human. He never lived the life of a footballer or acted like a footballer. He was always extremely curteous on the pitch, he always gave 110% in training, he stepped up when he needed to step up. However he doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to voicing his opinion. A lot of footballers remain completley diplomatic, but he says what he wants to say. I see a lot of myself in him to be honest. He was going through a rough patch at fcb, and thats why he said that it's only work for him. He also said that he hates it when players kiss the badge, but just a few weeks later he was doing that at the camp nou. He acts before he thinks, and that's always been his main flaw as a person. But thats also what made him such an incredible player..because he always acted first, and thought later. He was never composed the way a player like...henry is. Henry is graceful to watch because you can see intention in every move he makes. But eto'o just DOES. Thats the only way to describe his style of play. "What do you do samuel?" "I DO". Nothing more, nothing less.

I view the end situation as business. He isn't going to go on to do much after he retires. He isn't going to get a job, and he never has been one for endorsements other than puma. He also wants to have money to give to his charity and to his family. He scored 30+ goals in one season, including a second goal in his second champions league final. He had every right to negotiate a good contract and not get shoved out the door in such a disgraceful manner. As CA said on the forum, ibra took up the front page of every paper, while eto'o was relegated to a side note on the 6th page. He was pushed aside when everyone wanted ibra. And when he stood up and tried to defend his rights to a good contract, people even used that against him, as a reason to want him to leave. He was viewed as the hitch in the ibra deal, nothing more. He wasnt treated as a person or even as a player. In the end he left, and we got ibra. Everything worked out as it should have done, so why isnt the negotiation aspect viewed as just that..negotiation?

In my opinion, he has left fcb as the best striker to play for the club in the post-cruyff era. He is the best not only because of statistics, but because of what he has done for both the club on a domestic and european level, and also how he has pioneered the CF role for fcb. Johan cruyff came to the club and revolutionised the way we play, but so too did samuel eto'o. Im gonna miss him. Grácias, samu. Nunca te olvidaré!

zanela

Here is an Eto'o update...

The cameroonian scored his first goal for Inter in their supercoppa defeat to Lazio.
Final score - Inter 1 Lazio 2
I only watched the 2nd half. He did well.

VivaBarca

Gulp. I hope we don't play Inter in the Champions League because I already know he will score against us.

TEKNYK

Eto'o was Inter's only threat and he did very very well. Good goal too. Played mostly wide, but moved around a whole lot. Both flanks, dropped into midfield, played a few good one-two, skinned defenders a couple times, set up pretty much every inter chance and scored his 1st clear shot on goal. good effort overall. Inter fans will be more than satisfied

link to highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jcaVPr50w

Home of Barca Fans