9 - Samuel Eto'o

Beast

The Observer
madrid fans can say what they want about the club's treatment of Eto'o but it's nothing compared to how they're treating the dutchies atm. VDV had his number given to Granero while he was still in the team! Him and Huntelaar were both bought last season and have both been given the finger. They've also not been included in any peace cup squad thus far.

I'm sorry Quash but you couldn't be more wrong..

if VDV or Huntelaar has won Real 3 La Liga titles, 2 Spanish Super Cup, 1 Copa Del Ray top scorer for 5 years in which they served the club really really well and with stats like Eto'o
they would leave from the club to the retirement home only

It's TOTALLY different case there is no comparison .. none whatsoever we never treat players who do a lot that way it happened only once and even than the player in question was 35 year old :sad:

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Comon beasty, even you have to concede to the fact that Real treatment of Huntelaar is out of order.
I remember watching him on Real Madrid TV and how happy he was to be at Madrid, now its as if they cant wait to get him out.
I understand its a new regime in control and they want to bring in their players but honestly, Huntelaar should be given a chance, after all he has got a contract.

Samuel Eto'o Inter Milan presentation.
[YOUTUBE]pt6Ie2R_mjw[/YOUTUBE]

Do you think kicking the ball in the sign board was part of the plan?

FlyLo

I'm sorry Quash but you couldn't be more wrong..

if VDV or Huntelaar has won Real 3 La Liga titles, 2 Spanish Super Cup, 1 Copa Del Ray top scorer for 5 years in which they served the club really really well and with stats like Eto'o
they would leave from the club to the retirement home only

It's TOTALLY different case there is no comparison .. none whatsoever we never treat players who do a lot that way it happened only once and even than the player in question was 35 year old :sad:
Dude, this is totally different too. Eto'o was leaving for free next year. What was FCB supposed to do? Pay him 16m a year so he'd stay?

Beast

The Observer
Comon beasty, even you have to concede to the fact that Real treatment of Huntelaar is out of order.
I remember watching him on Real Madrid TV and how happy he was to be at Madrid, now its as if they cant wait to get him out.
I understand its a new regime in control and they want to bring in their players but honestly, Huntelaar should be given a chance, after all he has got a contract.

Samuel Eto'o Inter Milan presentation.
[YOUTUBE]pt6Ie2R_mjw[/YOUTUBE]

Do you think kicking the ball in the sign board was part of the plan?

JAB tell me where i said it was better treatment ? i said it's a totally different case and if Huntelaar did what Eto'o did he will not leave Real till he retire ..
that's the difference Huntelaar is not a Real Madrid legend.. Eto'o IS

Dude, this is totally different too. Eto'o was leaving for free next year. What was FCB supposed to do? Pay him 16m a year so he'd stay?

you could have renewed him if you wanted to .. instead u made him an offer to refuse (same money )
it was never about Eto'o running out of contract you just wanted him out

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's very sad. He was a great player, one of the best strikers ever to play. Tap-ins, his love for Mallorca etc, whatever - he always gave 100% for us when he played. He scored crazy goals and often crucial ones, and any player will have a hard time to fill his shoes.

FlyLo

you could have renewed him if you wanted to .. instead u made him an offer to refuse (same money )
it was never about Eto'o running out of contract you just wanted him out
Nah dude, that's Madridista bullshit you're talking. Eto'o already had a very high wage, he wanted to be the best paid player in the world - and he's not important enough for that.

Beast

The Observer
Nah dude, that's Madridista bullshit you're talking. Eto'o already had a very high wage, he wanted to be the best paid player in the world - and he's not important enough for that.

I don't know from where you got your fabricated news (it's funny though ) but Eto'o never wanted to be the best paid player in the world he asked for a raise which he deserved in his opinion /my opinion and so many people opinion )

he was not asking for a raise due to his achievement or like Dinho every 6 month.. his contract was about to end and he made very REASONABLE demand..

especially that u paid Ibra more than what Eto'o was asking ..

as for not important enough for that.. i just have to laugh at you once again i have nothing more to say .. i reply to logic and sense and saying Eto'o is not important enough says it all about u
without Eto'o you would compete with Juve in the team with most Cl finals lost

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Guys, how about you get a room or somethin'? It's a well known fact that Barça did not handle the case of Eto'o in the utmost diligent or even prudent manner, things could have been done differently. Yet, we all know quite well that it always takes two to tango, and Eto'o nor his agent cannot be left blameless either.

How about we end this discussion now, as I've personally become rather irritated by the fact that this issue is being discussed week in week out and the arguments never seem to change for, nor against. What's the point really? Beast has his own opinion about this matter, some others have their own - end of discussion. Endless accusations of who's right an who's wrong are plain silly.

S

Snyde

Guys, how about you get a room or somethin'? It's a well known fact that Barça did not handle the case of Eto'o in the utmost diligent or even prudent manner, things could have been done differently. Yet, we all know quite well that it always takes two to tango, and Eto'o nor his agent cannot be left blameless either.

How about we end this discussion now, as I've personally become rather irritated by the fact that this issue is being discussed week in week out and the arguments never seem to change for, nor against. What's the point really? Beast has his own opinion about this matter, some others have their own - end of discussion. Endless accusations of who's right an who's wrong are plain silly.

Exactly. Excellent point. When there is nothing to learn from an argument, it stops being fruitful. When that happens, it's best to stop and not waste your time.

Beast

The Observer
Oh you mean you are both fed up with this discussion but not fed up with the 15236347 Ibra topics in the news section and Ibra personal topic with the same contents & same posts ?

It's a forum made for debate & discussions .. you can just go to another thread and read other posts , no if forcing you guys to come here & read it

S

Snyde

Why must you take everything so negatively? Is shit stirring your aim?

I had asked that we end this discussion and be respectful to both players in the Zlatan thread as well. We have talked about this since forever and there is hardly a change in anybody's opinion and posts are getting more inflammatory. What's the point?

If you so chose then you may continue wasting your time. I will not.

Last edited:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Oh you mean you are both fed up with this discussion but not fed up with the 15236347 Ibra topics in the news section and Ibra personal topic with the same contents & same posts ?

Well, in fact I am. Fruitless conversations and arguments kill the interest rather quickly, don't you think?

It's a forum made for debate & discussions .. you can just go to another thread and read other posts , no if forcing you guys to come here & read it

Yes, of course it is - nobody denied that, right? It's just, when it comes to debates and discussions it's rather frustrating reading through those posts where the whole point looses its significance as people seem to go on for eternity about the same things, which at worst can become rather personal and inflammatory. At best, it's great reading different views, new perspectives and even to learn a thing or two. I'd rather stick to the latter and I know you would too, as you have plenty to offer ;)

Last edited:

Rivaldo

I'm sick of people acting like Barca have screwed themselves over and people acting like Eto'o is the best and most clinical striker in the world. The guy is a legend and WAS the best striker in the world, but some people are distorting their memories with sentimentality.

Eto'o misses ALOT of sitters and had really bad drops in form for TWO PERIODS during the season. He is not a clinical finisher.

Eto scored 30 goals in La Liga 2008/09

Ibrahimovic scored 25 goals in Serie A 2008/09

A 5 goal difference. I don't even need to mention the support both players had, as well as Serie A's defence compared to La Liga's.

If Eto'o didn't have those drops in form he could have easily scored a MINIMUM of 40 goals, possibly even more, IMO.

I remember Eto'o kept on screwing up our attacks, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Henry would have some really nice passes to get through the defence, but when the ball came to Eto'o he would have a bad first touch and lose the ball, or he would lose the ball quickly to the defender behind him.

Of course he had his moments of brilliance, like the last minute goal against Boca Juniors when we were losing 1-0, but when he was off form(he was for quite a long time) he was really terrible.....

Getting rid of Eto'o was the RIGHT move. If you want my honest opinion, I think Eto'o is really dwindling down. Apart from the goal in the CL final, he never really managed to get back on form....I don't think he will be a flop at Inter, but he will struggle.

He is a legend and I will never forget his contributions, but people need to stop mixing their good memories with reality.

Home of Barca Fans