9 - Samuel Eto'o

DucdeOrléans

That's like asking Xavi or Iniesta if they would join Madrid. Eto'o probably loves Barca even more.
All the talk that he left for money is rubbish. When pep joined he wanted him out, he stayed though and was essential to the team. Season finished but pep still wanted him out. The club handled it poorly though as they first did not offer him an extension and then did offer one (through sms) and an insulting one. Insulting in terms he didn't get any improvement to his contract while all/most key players got theirs. Some even twice in few years.

Club wanted him out and that's the only reason he left.

Tell Razor that.:)

Agree completely. That interview of his is really brilliant and he tells it just like it is/he feels. No nonsene. That's what Samu is all about.

You can't anything other than love this man as a player and as a person. Especially as a Barcelonista. Simply a brilliant character!

Sad that it ended the way it did.

BarcaOG

Banned
that little documentary is actually sad as fuck. you can see the sadness in his eyes. he wanted more. and i have nothing but respect for the man. that and a lot of great memories.

B

beautifulgame

That's like asking Xavi or Iniesta if they would join Madrid. Eto'o probably loves Barca even more.
All the talk that he left for money is rubbish. When pep joined he wanted him out, he stayed though and was essential to the team. Season finished but pep still wanted him out. The club handled it poorly though as they first did not offer him an extension and then did offer one (through sms) and an insulting one. They did this to wash their hands off responsibility. Offer was insulting in terms he didn't get any improvement to his contract while all/most key players got theirs. Some even twice in few years.

Club wanted him out and that's the only reason he left. Pep said so himself ffs and many times so others who say otherwise are either thick or just hating on Eto'o.

mos def.

sammy... :wub:

psychotsek

All the talk that he left for money is rubbish. When pep joined he wanted him out, he stayed though and was essential to the team. Season finished but pep still wanted him out. The club handled it poorly though as they first did not offer him an extension and then did offer one (through sms) and an insulting one. They did this to wash their hands off responsibility. Offer was insulting in terms he didn't get any improvement to his contract while all/most key players got theirs. Some even twice in few years.

Club wanted him out and that's the only reason he left. Pep said so himself ffs and many times so others who say otherwise are either thick or just hating on Eto'o.

What a player he was..It's been 3 years since he left and we are yet to find a proper successor. :(
Has ever Pep said why he wanted him out??

Birdy

@Bojan
that an everlasting question i have..
Why FFs did Pep want Samu out?
especially after what he saw in 08-09

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a combination of a new Spanish law (higher taxes for renewals for existing Spanish citizens) + Pep's "feeling" (hard to argue). Bottom line Eto'o was told he can go. He stayed. He became essential to Barca's best season ever. He was told he can go again and offered an insulting renewal through sms.
Just look at that documentary. It's all real. Fricking legend this Sammy if there ever was one at Barca. Fuck Iniesta, Xavi, and others. I love them to death don't get me wrong but Sammy was the real deal.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
It was a combination of a new Spanish law (higher taxes for renewals for existing Spanish citizens) + Pep's "feeling" (hard to argue). Bottom line Eto'o was told he can go. He stayed. He became essential to Barca's best season ever. He was told he can go again and offered an insulting renewal through sms.
Just look at that documentary. It's all real. Fricking legend this Sammy if there ever was one at Barca. Fuck Iniesta, Xavi, and others. I love them to death don't get me wrong but Sammy was the real deal.

fuck-you-obama.jpg

Home of Barca Fans