9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

Its hard to really be able to rate Lewa with the greats because he's historically played in a very poor league.

How can you even compare goals between Lewa and Suarez. One played in the Prem and LaLiga when it was strong and one played in a joke league for his entire career (and not doing so well when he has moved to a slightly more difficult one).

It won't be surprising if Kane breaks his record in his first season in Germany because that league is literally a joke. So many bang average players have put up crazy figures there and gone on to flop elsewhere. There is a reason that Bayern have won it 14 times in a row or something - it is not even better than Ligue 1, some of the teams in there wouldn't be able to win the Championship in England.
What truly undermines Bundesliga is not just the disparity in quality between Bayern and rest...but that the teams in Bundesliga have basically agreed/welcome the fact that Bayern are their masters.

And that strengthening Bayern like they're some sort of German representative in CL is preferred over an actual animosity and competitive spirit. Never seen this type of mentality in any other league. Not a single record from that league should count because of his :lol:

Temptation

What truly undermines Bundesliga is not just the disparity in quality between Bayern and rest...but that the teams in Bundesliga have basically agreed/welcome the fact that Bayern are their masters.

And that strengthening Bayern like they're some sort of German representative in CL is preferred over an actual animosity and competitive spirit. Never seen this type of mentality in any other league. Not a single record from that league should count because of his :lol:
And yet Lewy and Klopp won back to back league titles against mighty Bayern when they had one of their best teams.

KingLeo10

Maybe because his CL stats are 10 times better than Suarez?

What's the excuse for that?

Suarez was dominating and winning tournaments like Copa America while Lewa was still some German league II player.

Suarez's prime was wasted by your bozo club and Suarez's own behavioral antics (biting and such, which prevented top clubs from coming in sooner for him).

He basically had already been in his prime for 5-6 years before he joined Barca in 14-15.

R9 has garbage CL stats, so does Romario etc. Marco Van Basten only has 30 CL goals total. No one in their right mind would rate Lewa over them :lol: The forward's actual ability matters much more than some empty calories in CL group stages with Bayern (or KO ones over shit opposition). The only Lewa dominant performance in CL KO is that 4 goal game v RM 11 years ago :lol:

Windhook

You know 20 years ago you had a second team known in Europe like Bayer Leverkusen. Nowadays mentioning Bayern Munchen is like the German national team. 19 out of 20 teams or whatever are irrelevant.

ajnotkeith

Maybe because his CL stats are 10 times better than Suarez?

What's the excuse for that?
I haven't done a full analysis but when I looked at Lewas CL record the sense I got was that it is very overinflated with goals in group stage or early kos against weak teams.

There's no disputing prime Lewandowski when he put 4 on Real was one of the best players in the world. But its hard to evaluate him in general when he played at a low club level for a very long time.

Temptation

Suarez was dominating and winning tournaments like Copa America while Lewa was still some German league II player.

Suarez's prime was wasted by your bozo club and Suarez's own behavioral antics (biting and such, which prevented top clubs from coming in sooner for him).

He basically had already been in his prime for 5-6 years before he joined Barca in 14-15.

R9 has garbage CL stats, so does Romario etc. Marco Van Basten only has 30 CL goals total. No one in their right mind would rate Lewa over them :lol: The forward's actual ability matters much more than some empty calories in CL group stages with Bayern (or KO ones over shit opposition). The only Lewa dominant performance in CL KO is that 4 goal game v RM 11 years ago :lol:
According to Transfer Market, MVB played 5 CL games in his career and scored 6 goals n 2 assists.

R9's CL record is poor. How does his CL record serve as an excuse for Suarez? Also, different era and smaller sample size.

Suarez played 80 odd CL games being fed by peak playmaker Messi and prime Neymar and likes...... :lol:

At Liverpool, Suarez hardly ever turned up against the big 6 opponents. Half his goals came against Norwich.

Meanwhile, Lewandowski's favourite Bundesliga opponent is Dortmund.

Temptation

I haven't done a full analysis but when I looked at Lewas CL record the sense I got was that it is very overinflated with goals in group stage or early kos against weak teams.

There's no disputing prime Lewandowski when he put 4 on Real was one of the best players in the world. But its hard to evaluate him in general when he played at a low club level for a very long time.

Suarez played the same teams in group stage. As did every other CF in CL history. It's the same for everybody in the CL. Yet Lewy comes out on top.........

Suarez had the prime playmaker version of Messi and peak Neymar feeding him. He has played 80 odd CL games.

KingLeo10

Stage matters:
Messi's iconic performances in CL:

2008 CL semis, 16 dribbles completed at OT with a dysfunctional Barca team; Scholes and co are still looking for him
2009 CLs - Ran rings on a really strong United in the CL final
2010 4 goals v Arsenal when Barca with the tie hanging in the balance
2011 brace v Mourinho and CR7's RM at the Bernabeu - with THAT solo goal
2011 best CL final performance ever - absolutely clowned United
2015 destruction of City (those who know, know) and Bayern/Boateng with a brace and assist
2019 Led a 3-0 against 97 points Liverpool with a brace; Anfield undermines this performance somewhat but individually

When I look at Lewa's iconic CL performances, all that comes to mind is:

2013 CL semis four goals v RM

What else? Don't bring me that 2020 shit v Chelsea and Barcelona. Those were putrid sides. Messi destroyed a better or similar level Bayern in 2009 and I'm not even including that. Or the amazing comeback v Milan etc.

KingLeo10

According to Transfer Market, MVB played 5 CL games in his career and scored 6 goals n 2 assists.
Are you a donkey?

MVB was a key player in the AC Milan side who won 2 European cups and played a handful of others. He played like 50ish CL games and scored like 30, basically similar to Suarez. Your simpleton ass probably just searched "CL" without thinking of the European Cup bit :lol:

ajnotkeith

Stage matters:

2008 CL semis, 16 dribbles completed at OT with a dysfunctional Barca team; Scholes and co are still looking for him
2015 destruction of City (those who know, know) and Bayern/Boateng with a brace and assist
2019 Led a 3-0 against 97 points Liverpool with a brace; Anfield undermines this performance somewhat but individually

What else? Don't bring me that 2020 shit v Chelsea and Barcelona. Those were putrid sides. Messi destroyed a better or similar level Bayern in 2009 and I'm not even including that. Or the amazing comeback v Milan etc.
Well, this is Messi, nobody is putting him in the same sentence with Lewandowski.

I think Lewa has an argument as a tier 2 ATG striker but definitely not up there with the very best.

Temptation

Are you a donkey?

MVB was a key player in the AC Milan side who won 2 European cups and played a handful of others. Your simpleton ass probably just searched "CL" without thinking of the European Cup bit :lol:

Different formats can't be compared.

Are you retarded? :lol:

Windhook

I don't want to say it, but Thomas Muller should go into the discussion as one of the greatest playmakers in history for assisting Lewa all those years.

Temptation

Stage matters:

Bro switched to Messi when he ran out of arguments. :lol: :clown:

Game. Set. Match.

Temptation

Will be sure to remind you of this when you twerk about Liverpool and Bayern's (espcially) historical standings because of CLs. Don't see your donkey ass making distinctions there, do I?

:lol: Too easy.
MVB had a good record in European cups too.

Look at the matches played you fool. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans