9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lol no way on Earth is Lewandowski on tier 2. Haha even if you like Peak Suarez more, Lewandowski's overall career still exists and record at every level speaks for itself.

This forum is extremely knee-jerk and ignorant as always. Lewandowski being finished/crap at this age doesn't change his entire career. We have seen all players in history decline infront of us. It's natural and doesn't erase their entire career lmao.

This forum has always been "flavour of the season" but this is weird even by those standards.

And about yesterday's game: I thought he was decent. Better than other attackers and Gundogan who was playing the Lampard role. The clear chances yesterday fell for the other attackers who couldn't finish/refused to square it for a tapin. The low xG chances he got, he had genuine efforts saved by the goalkeeper.

Bigger picture for Barcelona, yes it looks like he's finished. Should get rid.

Ok for you i will put him on tier 1.5 but thats my last price !!!

Seriously, in my order:
Suarez
Ibra,Lewa
Kane, Aguero
Cavani

lucas24

Dude nobody said Lewa is the best player of all time, there is a difference between acting like he was a average player during his whole career and admiting he was class in his prime. I would always take prime Suarez over prime Lewa but after he is on tier 2 striker level like Aguero, Ibra, Kane. That's it dude. Also it's a big challenge to change the club and going to a stronger league and still perform ( in his first season), we have guys who have gone to a much weaker french league and got exposed without a worldclass team :poop:

:coffee:
Agree that Lewa was the loudest name Barca have signed in recent times. However, the risk of this transfer due to his age was very high (his resale value = 0). Bayern did a phenomenal deal by swapping a 34 year old striker with a one year contract for a 5 year younger one and paying "only" 50M extra. They probably have similar salaries (25-30M/year).

Star players are created by big games and tournaments. That's why for me Lewa is overrated (his overall stats are phenomenal - only Ronaldo and Messi have better). Suarez and Bale played in National Teams on similar level to Poland. They led them (not the top teams) to the top 4 WC/EC. Lewa has never done that. Instead of strengthening his national team, he weakened it (poor efficiency). We will see in 10 years results of Norway led by Haaland. It will be a fun comparison cuz the potential of Poland and Norway is also very similar.

Do you think Lewa would risk missing 2-3 games to save a rival shot like Suarez did in 2014? IMO not!
rl9.jpg

Temptation

Ok for you i will put him on tier 1.5 but thats my last price !!!

Seriously, in my order:
Suarez
Ibra,Lewa
Kane, Aguero
Cavani
Lol no Lewandowski is clear of Ibra.

Suarez was dogshit in CL overall and can't be over Lewy. Lewy has been top class for long long time consistently in all competitions.

Suarez went 6 years without an away goal in CL games despite being fed by peak playmaker version of Messi. Not even in group stages of the CL against weak teams. Haha.

Also, Lewy's first season at Barca was a success overall win the league and topscorer. The very end of Lewy's peak was his Barca career pre WC where he had something over a goal a game, assists, skills and all of what he had in his peak. After the WC, he had a steep decline.

Lewandowski's accomplishments as the main man are way more than Suarez.

Lewandowski in his pre prime phase at Dortmund achieved more and on bigger stages than Prime Suarez did at my club......

Lewandowski was the best player in the world for a 2-3 year phase having Prime Messi Ronaldo level stats in that period in all comps.

Can state many other arguments too......

You're just another prisoner of the moment here. All this is coming from Lewy's crap form this season post his injury.

So why don't you just diss current Lewy instead of rewriting history in this childish manner?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Agree that Lewa was the loudest name Barca have signed in recent times. However, the risk of this transfer due to his age was very high (his resale value = 0). Bayern did a phenomenal deal by swapping a 34 year old striker with a one year contract for a 5 year younger one and paying "only" 50M extra. They probably have similar salaries (25-30M/year).

Star players are created by big games and tournaments. That's why for me Lewa is overrated (his overall stats are phenomenal - only Ronaldo and Messi have better). Suarez and Bale played in National Teams on similar level to Poland. They led them (not the top teams) to the top 4 WC/EC. Lewa has never done that. Instead of strengthening his national team, he weakened it (poor efficiency). We will see in 10 years results of Norway led by Haaland. It will be a fun comparison cuz the potential of Poland and Norway is also very similar.

Do you think Lewa would risk missing 2-3 games to save a rival shot like Suarez did in 2014? IMO not!
View attachment 10002

Bayern did a very good job, replacing old Lewa with fresh Kane was masterclass

Lewa's main plus point is consistency, he is playing on high level since over 10 years (until last season), he is not the guy who will dribble 3 players and score or scoring a goal out of 30m with a power shot, he is the fox in the box + worldclass link-up play. He scored in a lot of cl knockout matches against real, atletico, barca but rarely braces or hattricks, more often one goal. But to be fair he didnt have a all time great team to support him like Messi had during Pep years and 2015/2016 or Ronaldo between 2014-2018, best bayern was in 12/13 when he didnt play for Bayern.

So all in all he is a fantastic striker, one of the best in this generation.

And Uruguay = Poland?? Pls...

Temptation

Suarez is a legendary forward, one of the very best. do not compare.
So was Lewandowski. Except he did it consistently for longer without any significant rough patches.

You are watching a finished Lewandowski. That's like equating Ronaldo with his finished version at Man Utd. It's tough to watch but doesn't change shit.

Let me tell you, if we are playing this game, Suarez has some really ugly stats and rough patches in very important places throughout his career. This is just Nostalgia bias plus he's Messi best friend. :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lol no Lewandowski is clear of Ibra.

Suarez was dogshit in CL overall and can't be over Lewy. Lewy has been top class for long long time consistently in all competitions.

Suarez went 6 years without an away goal in CL games despite being fed by peak playmaker version of Messi. Not even in group stages of the CL against weak teams. Haha.

Also, Lewy's first season at Barca was a success overall win the league and topscorer. The very end of Lewy's peak was his Barca career pre WC where he had something over a goal a game, assists, skills and all of what he had in his peak. After the WC, he had a steep decline.

Lewandowski's accomplishments as the main man are way more than Suarez.

Lewandowski in his pre prime phase at Dortmund achieved more and on bigger stages than Prime Suarez did at my club......

Lewandowski was the best player in the world for a 2-3 year phase having Prime Messi Ronaldo level stats in that period in all comps.

Can state many other arguments too......

You're just another prisoner of the moment here. All this is coming from Lewy's crap form this season post his injury.

So why don't you just diss current Lewy instead of rewriting history in this childish manner?

When i compare both i compare their peak level, Suarez 2013-2016 to prime Lewa - would you say suarez peak > lewa's peak?? 🤔

I had written this already before this season 💯 im sorry dude but i a 2015 el pistero was pure magic and i just cant put lewa on the same table like that guy🐮

lucas24

Suarez had worse stats at Barcelona at the start than Lewa for 1 reason - the effect of cannibalising goals. When you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez in the line-up, goal chances are split into 3. When there is one main gun he has all of these chances.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Suarez had worse stats at Barcelona at the start than Lewa for 1 reason - the effect of cannibalising goals. When you have Messi, Neymar and Suarez in the line-up, goal chances are split into 3. When there is one main gun he has all of these chances.

On the other side when you have 2 creating monsters as partners its easier to get chances

Temptation

When i compare both i compare their peak level, Suarez 2013-2016 to prime Lewa - would you say suarez peak > lewa's peak?? 🤔

I had written this already before this season 💯 im sorry dude but i a 2015 el pistero was pure magic and i just cant put lewa on the same table like that guy🐮
No, I wouldn't.

Suarez is a very unpredictable player who can generate something crazy out of nothing in a chaotic situation. In his peak, he was ricochet merchant, great at nutmegs and volleys. Very fun to watch. You could argue we saw the most creative and talented version of Suarez at my club.

But No because:

Prime Lewandowski had a month long injury and still scored 41 goals and 8 assists in 28 games! In CL he scored 15 goals and 6 assists in 9 games. Suarez never got close in the CL. Lewy won the sextuple with Bayern winning player of the tournament and topscorer in every single competition. How many players have done that in history?

At one point in his peak at Bayern, Lewy had a staggering 121 goals and 29 assists in his last 99 games! These are literally peak Messi Ronaldo numbers.

Lewandowski broke Ronaldo's best calendar year's scoring record with an identical 69(another W hehe) in fewer games.

These are statistics. In terms of his performances, every alternate week his latest crazy first touches emulating Bundesliga logo and shit went viral. Used to do crazy acrobatic stuff in the air consistently. Hold up play, link up play, solo runs, backheels, fancy flicks..... Everything.

He did all of this as the undisputed main man as opposed to Suarez playing third fiddle to Messi and Neymar. It takes a lot of pressure off you because people including opponents are gonna focus on Messi way more. Always tougher to be the main man.

In terms of supporting cast, Suarez had a better supporting cast at Barca(I'm sure this forum won't try to debate that lol). He had peak playmaker version of Messi who loved him to bits and the insanely creative Prime Neymar feeding him. Not even gonna talk of Uruguay vs Poland(Lewy has better international numbers too). Poland play woeful "terrorist Football".

You might prefer to watch Suarez coz of those crazy things he pulled off every once a while. You may be fond of him because he was part of a very fond memory of yours. MSN was disgusting! I respect that. You probably didn't watch Bayern week in week out.

But thess kinda statements always amazed me because it's clearly bogus and ignorant.

Messigician

Wallahi we are finished every club will get 50m+ for their stars moving to Saudi Arabia but we will struggle to get this guy out of the club

Messigician

No, I wouldn't.

Suarez is a very unpredictable player who can generate something crazy out of nothing in a chaotic situation. In his peak, he was ricochet merchant, great at nutmegs and volleys. Very fun to watch. You could argue we saw the most creative and talented version of Suarez at my club.

But No because:

Prime Lewandowski had a month long injury and still scored 41 goals and 8 assists in 28 games! In CL he scored 15 goals and 6 assists in 9 games. Suarez never got close in the CL. Lewy won the sextuple with Bayern winning player of the tournament and topscorer in every single competition. How many players have done that in history?

At one point in his peak at Bayern, Lewy had a staggering 121 goals and 29 assists in his last 99 games! These are literally peak Messi Ronaldo numbers.

Lewandowski broke Ronaldo's best calendar year's scoring record with an identical 69(another W hehe) in fewer games.

These are statistics. In terms of his performances, every alternate week his latest crazy first touches emulating Bundesliga logo and shit went viral. Used to do crazy acrobatic stuff in the air consistently. Hold up play, link up play, solo runs, backheels, fancy flicks..... Everything.

He did all of this as the undisputed main man as opposed to Suarez playing third fiddle to Messi and Neymar. It takes a lot of pressure off you because people including opponents are gonna focus on Messi way more. Always tougher to be the main man.

In terms of supporting cast, Suarez had a better supporting cast at Barca(I'm sure this forum won't try to debate that lol). He had peak playmaker version of Messi who loved him to bits and the insanely creative Prime Neymar feeding him. Not even gonna talk of Uruguay vs Poland(Lewy has better international numbers too). Poland play woeful "terrorist Football".

You might prefer to watch Suarez coz of those crazy things he pulled off every once a while. You may be fond of him because he was part of a very fond memory of yours. MSN was disgusting! I respect that. You probably didn't watch Bayern week in week out.

But thess kinda statements always amazed me because it's clearly bogus and ignorant.
Suarez was also insanely creative and fed to them too

He has far more assists than Lewa

Home of Barca Fans